First Grow Skywalker OG (Organic)

• Thread starter Tcnchw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tcnchw

Tcnchw

Hello, first post and first grow. Found some good info here and wanted to post a little from my own experience.

This is almost a 100 percent organic/natural grow which is of interest to me.

I'm growing a total of two plants in store bought organic soil in 5 gallon buckets. I found the seeds in some Skywalker OG I purchased a few months back. I did not really plan on growing cannabis, I just germinated the seeds I found and threw them in a plastic cup with some soil from outside. As I set them on my window sill I figured they would probably never grow. They sprouted and seemed light starved so I put an incandescent light above them. Then I purchased a CFL. Once they really took hold I moved them to my closet and repotted into the 5 gallon buckets. I slowly began to put together a grow closet piece by piece and this is where I have arrived.

Seeds: Skywalker OG bag seeds

Soil: Nature's Care Organic Garden Soil

Light: Mars Hydro ts1000 (150w)
Veg-16/8ish
Bloom-12/12

Nutrients:
Veg- Urine, neem oil, molasses. * I did a one time foliar feed and soil feed of a low dose CalMag because I thought I was deficient.
Bloom- Banana tea, neem oil, molasses, urine (lower quantity).

I am currently mid week 6 from 12/12 and have had/am having some problems. Both plants have lost nearly all fan leaves after they turned yellow as if it were autumn. This happend at the begininng of week 4 of flower to one plant and followed by the other plant a few days later. I don't know the cause but with this being my first grow it could be many reasons.

I've been dealing with fungus gnats on and off throughout the grow but the issue increased in severity a week before the leaves quickly turned yellow. Could be ph (which I'm not checking), nutrient lockout or deficiency, and probably a few others I'm leaving out.

The poor ladies got so stressed it appears one tried to hermie and may have been successful.

All in all this has been interesting and I very much so hope I make it to harvest. I'm guessing I have 2 to 4 more weeks but we shall see.

I have pictures from every few days starting from seed. I will start by posting the current photos and then maybe some early pics if I'm feeling up to it at all.

I think the stress has stunted the growth of the buds but since this is the first time I'm doing this I can't be sure. Feel free to offer feedback although this is not an inquiry.
First grow skywalker og organic

First grow skywalker og organic 2

First grow skywalker og organic 3

Tcnchw

Tcnchw

Here are some close ups of what I think is are hermie pollen sacs.
20201214 173029
20201213 145153

20201214 173118

Tcnchw

Tcnchw

Is this what is referred to as a "banana"?
Also, should I switch this post over to general growing instead of introduce yourself?

Thanks.

Budd

Budd

Hi T',
Yes m8 thats a male seed in one of your pics.
(The 2nd pic...)

Lp_jr

Lp_jr

Is this what is referred to as a "banana"?
Also, should I switch this post over to general growing instead of introduce yourself?

Thanks.
Yes on banana.

I'd recommend moving it to general growing. You'll get better responses.

Tcnchw

Tcnchw

Thanks for the responses, I'll prob start another post ppst harvest grow journal for this in general growing. Starting 3 clones in living soil and will post that also.
Thanks!

Tcnchw

Tcnchw

Made it to harvest last month. I thought I would have yielded more but I'd say my first attempt was a success. Total dry weight was just under 68 grams. Very enjoyable to vape considering taste and potency.

20210117 125737
Azgrow48O

Azgrow48O

Hey bud, hope the herb was good! I'm doing the same, I got two TS1000's, and supplemental corner lighting. Not sure what your temps were, but mine can go up to 85 degrees. I got 1 plant in my 4 x 4, kinda tall. Anyway, i was curious and wanted to ask how dense your nugs came out? I've had a few grows with the TS1000, and some came out larfy? Could be the heat, strain, lights? Not sure? Is the TS1000 strong enough for dense nugs? Its seems as if "smaller" plants are better for my conditions? Currently mine are in week 2 of flower. What do you think?
20210830 214619
Thanks

20210830 214606
20210830 214517
Top Bottom