First Grow So Far

• Thread starter 420budz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420budz

420budz

So far this is what ive got after a ph, light and moisture test. The bigger ones were at 5.5 on ph in the soil. The moisture was super high. The light was also low. I've got an 8 bulb (blue light) coming so my lighting should improve. I'm guessing I need to lay off on the watering? Maybe boost the ph a bit? The seedlings seem good. As you can see they get light being smaller. Ph is at 7 on these. Just making sure I'm doing it right so far.

First grow so far
First grow so far 2
Dunge

Dunge

They look mostly ok to me.
Big pots with small plants make proper watering a challenge.
I wouldn't water much until either the pots get lite or the plants wilts from being too dry.

You might want to mention your medium and nutes.

Good luck.

420budz

420budz

They look mostly ok to me.
Big pots with small plants make proper watering a challenge.
I wouldn't water much until either the pots get lite or the plants wilts from being too dry.

You might want to mention your medium and nutes.

Good luck.
My pots seem heavy. I do have holes in the bottom but they always seem heavy for some reason. I guess I might have to go longer than the 3 to 4 day watering. I'm using cal-mag and nitrogen. The soil is ocean fox farm. I've had a bit of tacoing butI was told to check for mites.

Ketamine

Ketamine

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is pretty hot soil , you shouldn't need to give any nutes for about 2 months. As far as PH goes in soil..I never measure it or worry about it. Just water when it's dry and plenty of good light. People tend to overthink shit and wreck stuff..keep it simple!

Monster762

Monster762

Fox farms soil and overwater is probably why ph is acidic. Too much water alone affects ph. T5 8 bulb? If so yes your light will definately improve. T5s are good lights. If you tested all with a 3 way probe meter I wouldn't rely on tests. Light meter is definately trash. I had one. I use strips for ph now. But they are pain with soil cause you have to test input water then test runoff and do the math off of the change. Unless you add lots of nutes soil ph should stay pretty good. I like about 6.2 or so in soil. Slightly acidic. Make sure you keep good drainage. Before you move up in pot size drill holes in the pots. Bottom and 2-3 inches up the side. Go to dollar store get cheap coco liners to stop soil from running out holes. I drilled 1/2 inch holes 3/8 probably good though. Always add perelite to soil too
Your plants do not look unhealthy so your doing pretty good. These early weeks of the plants life are important. Easy easy when you start fertilizing. 1/4-1/2 strength.

Monster762

Monster762

Fox farms soil and overwater is probably why ph is acidic. Too much water alone affects ph. T5 8 bulb? If so yes your light will definately improve. T5s are good lights. If you tested all with a 3 way probe meter I wouldn't rely on tests. Light meter is definately trash. I had one. I use strips for ph now. But they are pain with soil cause you have to test input water then test runoff and do the math off of the change. Unless you add lots of nutes soil ph should stay pretty good. I like about 6.2 or so in soil. Slightly acidic. Make sure you keep good drainage. Before you move up in pot size drill holes in the pots. Bottom and 2-3 inches up the side. Go to dollar store get cheap coco liners to stop soil from running out holes. I drilled 1/2 inch holes 3/8 probably good though. Always add perelite to soil too
Your plants do not look unhealthy so your doing pretty good. These early weeks of the plants life are important. Easy easy when you start fertilizing. 1/4-1/2 strength.
And depending how long you plan to veg don't buy veg nutes. Cause like said above that soil will feed for a while. Do buy cal mag. Calcium and magnesium will be needed at some point. And treat top of soil with spray neem oil or fungicide3 to keep bugs away. Easier to keep away then to fight once you've got an infestation.

420budz

420budz

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is pretty hot soil , you shouldn't need to give any nutes for about 2 months. As far as PH goes in soil..I never measure it or worry about it. Just water when it's dry and plenty of good light. People tend to overthink shit and wreck stuff..keep it simple!
Yeah I do think I'm trying to do everything text book and when I see an issue I over read up on it and over do the recommendations instead of going with the flow.

420budz

420budz

Thanks for the info. The one thing that concerns me a bit is ice had these at this size for about 2 months. They don't seem to grow. I'm hoping my light issue fixes that.

420budz

420budz

And depending how long you plan to veg don't buy veg nutes. Cause like said above that soil will feed for a while. Do buy cal mag. Calcium and magnesium will be needed at some point. And treat top of soil with spray neem oil or fungicide3 to keep bugs away. Easier to keep away then to fight once you've got an infestation.
I have been feeding cal mag and nitrogen. Is that bad in veg? Also just got some neem oil. How long do I keep in veg? I've had these for about 2 months and theyre about 15-18 inches tall.

420budz

420budz

nice girls what are you growing?
The bigger ones are lemon haze. The seedlings are bruce banner. I have one that is sweet tooth that isn't doing well. It's tall and sagging. If like to get a clone off of it as it's the only sweet tooth I have. The pic is of the sweet tooth. I'm hoping that stronger lights help it out.

20170813 195555
Monster762

Monster762

Yeah I do think I'm trying to do everything text book and when I see an issue I over read up on it and over do the recommendations instead of going with the flow.
On text book that's probably where you got foxfarm idea too. It is hot and I would mix it 50/50 with unfertilized soil like peat moss then add bag or 2 perelite.

Monster762

Monster762

The bigger ones are lemon haze. The seedlings are bruce banner. I have one that is sweet tooth that isn't doing well. It's tall and sagging. If like to get a clone off of it as it's the only sweet tooth I have. The pic is of the sweet tooth. I'm hoping that stronger lights help it out.
This plant needs air and silica. Fans blowing it around strengthen stalks. Do not blow directly on the plant. It is toooo skinny Not being smart just trying to make sure you don't misunderstand what I'm saying about fan. Airflow is a key need in indoor growing. Just let enough air hit it to see it wiggle a little bit. And maybe put light closer. There is a lot of stretching.

420budz

420budz

On text book that's probably where you got foxfarm idea too. It is hot and I would mix it 50/50 with unfertilized soil like peat moss then add bag or 2 perelite.
I'm gonna have to do that. I'm actually thinking I should do that when I put the seedlings into a bigger pot.

Monster762

Monster762

I have been feeding cal mag and nitrogen. Is that bad in veg? Also just got some neem oil. How long do I keep in veg? I've had these for about 2 months and theyre about 15-18 inches tall.
Nitrogen is exactly what you want in veg. Don't over do it. It burns them. Cal mag I'd space out between feedings. Once every 3-4 feedings. You should run everything half strength at first.

420budz

420budz

This plant needs air and silica. Fans blowing it around strengthen stalks. Do not blow directly on the plant. It is toooo skinny Not being smart just trying to make sure you don't misunderstand what I'm saying about fan. Airflow is a key need in indoor growing. Just let enough air hit it to see it wiggle a little bit. And maybe put light closer. There is a lot of stretching.
Naw I'm good with constructive criticism. I'm trying to learn all i can from you guys. I've never done this so I'm making mistakes and learning at the same time.

Monster762

Monster762

I'm gonna have to do that. I'm actually thinking I should do that when I put the seedlings into a bigger pot.
Yup. Do not disturb the root system. Whatever soil is stuck to it is ok. I always transplant slightly moist. Not dry. Open fingers n put center fingers on both sides of plant. Turn entire pot and plant upside down. Tap the bottom of pot couple times and it will all come out one chunk. I disturbed.

420budz

420budz

Nice
Nitrogen is exactly what you want in veg. Don't over do it. It burns them. Cal mag I'd space out between feedings. Once every 3-4 feedings. You should run everything half strength at first.[/QUOTE
Nice man. Ive been feeding cal mag and nitrogen at the same time. I'll space out the cal mag to every other feeding

Monster762

Monster762

Yup. Do not disturb the root system. Whatever soil is stuck to it is ok. I always transplant slightly moist. Not dry. Open fingers n put center fingers on both sides of plant. Turn entire pot and plant upside down. Tap the bottom of pot couple times and it will all come out one chunk. I disturbed.
I mean put fingers on both sides with palm against the top of soil. And last word was Undisturbed.

Top Bottom