First grow spider mits problem

• Thread starter Kosfarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kosfarms

Kosfarms

Hey I need help I done bout to hang and dry my plants but I got mits on one of them please help can i dry them and will they be ok

First grow spider mits problem
First grow spider mits problem 2
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Spray the plants with a pest management. You should hit it with preventative throughout veg and early flower.

Get a shop vac and vacuum the mites off before hanging amd drying. Dry the one with mites in different location.

Huntingterps

Huntingterps

I have heard you can wash the buds after harvest but have never tried it. Hope I never have to. Best of luck.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

You can spray them off with water right before you harvest to physically remove them from your buds, just make sure you have plenty of air flow and your humidity is low in your dry room or they will probably mold after that. Vacuum works too, just don't use one strong enough to tear off leaves. I would try to remove them as best you can
Spider mites will absolutely migrate to other buds in the dry room, and nobody wants to smoke bugs.

Edit: for care and maintenance, a strong dose of pyrethrins is usually enough to kill some mites. Rotate it with something oil based, neem or another similiar product. You can swap between these two for treatment after heavy pyrethrin, a good idea to keep spraying regularly throughout the month for maintenance even after your bugs are gone. Like do one one week, then the other next, then maybe a foliar to help em after all that bug spray.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Where is it you live? If us or Canada order a grub grenade on Amazon. Bee too late for this crop but they’ll search and destroy any mites in your house or grow area you miss

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey I need help I done bout to hang and dry my plants but I got mits on one of them please help can i dry them and will they be ok
I've used my pressure washer on them. I put them in the garage and spray them down with a firm spray ( it won't hurt them ) let them dry before putting back under the light. It will knock down their numbers but won't get the eggs or all of them but do it every day if you have to.

After they're harvested ( before you hang to dry them ) wash them. 3 buckets..1st peroxide , second baking soda & lemon juice 3rd straight cold water. ( read up on how to do this ) washing works very well and I do it regularly now after each harvest. It smooths the smoke and eliminates a lot of debris that they pick up from dust to bugs its a good idea to wash any ways. Once a washer always a washer.

chemistry

chemistry

Hoover and hang to dry would be my choice, with a quick hoover in between drying, beware you don't hoover all your trykes off.

Kosfarms

Kosfarms

Thank you to everyone trying to help I think I’m going to try to wash them 1/2 cup baking soda 1/2 lemon juice then two buckets of water thank you to everyone

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank you to everyone trying to help I think I’m going to try to wash them 1/2 cup baking soda 1/2 lemon juice then two buckets of water thank you to everyone
Peroxide in the first 5 gallon buckets...500ml bottle .....then in the second 5 gallon 1 plastic squeeze lemon & 1 cup baking soda then clean cold water in the 3rd..Shake off eccess water off your buds between buckets for 7 - 8 seconds.. you'll also need a strainer to scoop debris out of the buckets after washing a few branches....... .hang with an osculating fan on them for 2 hrs then dry normally

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hoover and hang to dry would be my choice, with a quick hoover in between drying, beware you don't hoover all your trykes off.
I tried the hoovering and I did more damage than good... I found no way to stop getting the buds sucking into the hose pipe and smashed against the sides. Maybe if I could have adjusted the vacuums strength but on low it still sucked too hard.

Top Bottom