First Grow Sunset Sherbert And Superglue

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

Update: Day 62

The ride is almost over. Yesterday was the last watering and I stripped as many fan leaves as possible. SS has a really sweet cookie smell and the GG4 x Gelato 45 has a sweeter citrus smell. Both smell awesome.

Yesterday was the last day for light. They've been put into 48 hours of darkness and will be chopped on Friday.

The majority of the trichomes are cloudy with 1-3% amber.

HLG600 QB's are enroute. Once they arrive, the tent is getting a facelift and sterilization. Next grow will be LED with lighting growing pains I'm sure. Currently, I have a thread for the second grow already started. That run is Birthday Cake Kush - from Mr. Rando (guy gifted me seeds while at a hydro store)
Gelat OG - Seedsman
Black Jack - Nirvana
Tangie - Nirvana
9 Pound Hammer - Jinx Proof Genetics

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Update: Day 62

The ride is almost over. Yesterday was the last watering and I stripped as many fan leaves as possible. SS has a really sweet cookie smell and the GG4 x Gelato 45 has a sweeter citrus smell. Both smell awesome.

Yesterday was the last day for light. They've been put into 48 hours of darkness and will be chopped on Friday.

The majority of the trichomes are cloudy with 1-3% amber.

HLG600 QB's are enroute. Once they arrive, the tent is getting a facelift and sterilization. Next grow will be LED with lighting growing pains I'm sure. Currently, I have a thread for the second grow already started. That run is Birthday Cake Kush - from Mr. Rando (guy gifted me seeds while at a hydro store)
Gelat OG - Seedsman
Black Jack - Nirvana
Tangie - Nirvana
9 Pound Hammer - Jinx Proof Genetics

I'm just a little bit jealous. Hehe

I'll find your new thread and subb.

Phylex

Phylex

Update: Day 64 - Harvest

Today was harvest. I had to string seven, 8.5' lines to hang everything. I filled six of them completely and one is half full.

Here's some pics from the long day. The last few are with the flash.

I close this thread out once they're dried, trimmed, and have a minimum 2 week cure.

FlowerDay641
FlowerDay642
FlowerDay643
FlowerDay644
FlowerDay645
FlowerDay646
FlowerDay647
FlowerDay648
FlowerDay649
FlowerDay6410
FlowerDay6411
FlowerDay6412
FlowerDay6413
FlowerDay6414
FlowerDay6415
FlowerDay6416
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Update: Day 64 - Harvest

Today was harvest. I had to string seven, 8.5' lines to hang everything. I filled six of them completely and one is half full.

Here's some pics from the long day. The last few are with the flash.

I close this thread out once they're dried, trimmed, and have a minimum 2 week cure.

Those look loaded. Good harvest.

Madmax

Madmax

Your just about done buddy...did the sunset lose that skunky smell.how odourous is the coookie smell.im curious to how much stronger it will get....im just a little nervous that they might stink up the place..the smell atm is quite skunky...im liking the looks of the superglue..looks like it gonna put you on your ass haha..

Phylex

Phylex

The SS has a really nice pronounced sweet cookie smell. It over powers the citrus from the superglue when they’re together. I’m hoping it becomes even more pungent once it’s cured. It’s hard to tell on the superglue. I was getting whiffs of it here and there, but granted I harvested it last. So my sense of smell was probably toasted from harvesting the SS first.

Early notes:
SS - A lot more dense and pungent
SG - A lot more visably coated in trichomes

Phylex

Phylex

Few other notes-

I ordered solacure UVB lights for the next round. They came a week and a half ago. So I used them for the last week of harvest. I’m not sure if it was long enough for any real benefit, but noted none the less.

I probably started flushing a tad early. I could have probably fed once or twice more.

I did end up with some larfy lowers on a couple of plants. It was a first timers mistake of being afraid to take too much off. I can now see the differences between taking off enough vs. too little. I totally understand why it’s better to be more aggressive lollypopping when SCROGging. The larfy underdeveloped flowers are just a waste of time. I’d personally rather not even have to deal with them.

I left the plants in 48 hours of darkness before harvest.

And yes, I did what many might think is sacreligious and I bud washed with lemon juice and baking soda before hanging. I figured what the hell, might as well try it.

My new QB lighting should arrive this coming week. I’ll post the new and improved tent set up in a new thread I’m going to start. Since I’ll be growing more of a perpetual style, I’ll move my “Second Grow - 6 strains and freebee” to that new thread as well. That way everything is in one place and I don’t have multiple threads/grow diaries created and or open.

Stay tuned for more mistakes, hurdles, and hopefully great experiences. Happy growing

Phylex

Phylex

Final Update: The weigh in:

Total grow weight excluding trim: 508.57 grams/18.16 ounces

Trim: 105.85 grams/3.78 ounces

Total plant material weight: 614.42 grams/21.94 ounces

Basically on my first indoor grow I was able to achieve a pound per light. I'll call that a success even though it was only .5 grams per watt. Grams per watt is something I can work on.

With the Sunset Sherbet I averaged 2.6 ounces per plant. I averaged 3.43 ounces per plant with the Super Glue.

Sunset Sherbet (pics 1 & 2)
Trimmed Bud: 188.87 grams
Larf: 30.97 grams
Pressed Keif: 1.56 grams

Super Glue (pics 3 & 4)
Trimmed Bud: 252.91 grams
Larf: 35.82 grams
Pressed Keif: 3.3 grams

SS1
SS2
SG1
SG2
Phylex

Phylex

Thanks brother. A successful harvest first and foremost feels great. A huge added bonus is the quality thus far. Granted the samples haven’t been cured. They’ve only been drying for the last 7/8 days. With that said, both smell amazing in their own unique ways. Both are sticky icky. Even though I have to add the Super Glue is on a completely different level of sticky. It’s also already straight fire . Not trying to take anything away from the Sunset Sherbet. It’s legit too. It’s no slouch. But side by side when forced to compare, the edge has to go to Super Glue. I’m very happy and can’t wait to see what I find in the second grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Final Update: The weigh in:

Total grow weight excluding trim: 508.57 grams/18.16 ounces

Trim: 105.85 grams/3.78 ounces

Total plant material weight: 614.42 grams/21.94 ounces

Basically on my first indoor grow I was able to achieve a pound per light. I'll call that a success even though it was only .5 grams per watt. Grams per watt is something I can work on.

With the Sunset Sherbet I averaged 2.6 ounces per plant. I averaged 3.43 ounces per plant with the Super Glue.

Sunset Sherbet (pics 1 & 2)
Trimmed Bud: 188.87 grams
Larf: 30.97 grams
Pressed Keif: 1.56 grams

Super Glue (pics 3 & 4)
Trimmed Bud: 252.91 grams
Larf: 35.82 grams
Pressed Keif: 3.3 grams

Awesome results! Quality buds. Great work.

Top Bottom