First Grow Tent Ever

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

This is my first grow ever. Using autoflowers in fox farms soil in 5 gallon smart pots. Using a 450watt led light. They just popped up yesterday. I have my carbon filter and fan outside the tent and a regular fan inside. What do you think of the setup and any suggestions for improvement? Thanks

First grow tent ever
S

stemznseedz

looks good! do you have one of the bottom vents open as an air inlet? I can't tell in the pic but it looks like your tent may be sucked in as if there is restricted flow on the intake.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

looks good! do you have one of the bottom vents open as an air inlet? I can't tell in the pic but it looks like your tent may be sucked in as if there is restricted flow on the intake.
No I don’t wouldn’t that cause a light leak and isn’t that bad? Yeah the tent is definitely being sucked in lol. I looked up and people say it’s normal for that to happen.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

No I don’t wouldn’t that cause a light leak and isn’t that bad? Yeah the tent is definitely being sucked in lol. I looked up and people say it’s normal for that to happen.
You need some sort of intake (passive works for me). I opened a vent and made a little Mylar tent thing to put over it(used a $10 Wally World Car windshield protector..that way there are no light leaks..The sides sucking in is normal for a tent with passive vent intake..Plants need fresh air and exchanged air..Watch your RH and temps..

MissBotany

MissBotany

I have an identical set up and I found that unzipping the front zipper just a bit on the top is best for containing smell once you get into flowering. Especially if you have fans blowing around in there. I’ve had no issues with airflow or humidity.

8C5457E5 C27D 4A5C 98CC 9015231E23F6
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Great I opened the zipper and put one of the drapes the grow tent came with over it. Also my temps have been around 70-74 degrees for some reason and humidity around 50. The inline fan is set at low and my regular fan in the tent is also low. So I don’t get why temps are so low?? I put a sponge and a glass of water to raise hopefully help.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Great I opened the zipper and put one of the drapes the grow tent came with over it. Also my temps have been around 70-74 degrees for some reason and humidity around 50. The inline fan is set at low and my regular fan in the tent is also low. So I don’t get why temps are so low?? I put a sponge and a glass of water to raise hopefully help.

My temp and humidity hover around the same. Daytime can get up to 76f and 45-50rh. Nighttime 70-72f. I can’t get the humidity any lower, even with a dehumidifier running. I found my temps all depend on how high/low the lights are and where the temp gauge is.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Mid 70's is good for many strains..have you checked temps at the tops of the plants with a laser temp gun or something similar? 50% RH is good too..

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Mid 70's is good for many strains..have you checked temps at the tops of the plants with a laser temp gun or something similar? 50% RH is good too..
Nah I don’t have a laser temp gun, just use a thermostat.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nah I don’t have a laser temp gun, just use a thermostat.
If you mean a house thermostat..they can be off a few degrees easily..You can get an accurite rh/temp monitor for under $15 on ebay or amazon..Mine still has the same AA batteries from a year ago..very accurate and also has high/low retained memory.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Also, you can play around with where you have the front unzipped at. If I could, I would have it cracked open at the bottom of the tent to let fresh air in the bottom and vent out the top but I found with the fans blowing around near bottom, somehow the stink would always escape.

Calichief

Calichief

This is also my first grow and from my understanding of some stuff I watched on ventilation for your veg tent u might be ok for now but in flower your going to need an air conditioner or attach fan and duct to bottom to bring in fresh air to circulate

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

If you mean a house thermostat..they can be off a few degrees easily..You can get an accurite rh/temp monitor for under $15 on ebay or amazon..Mine still has the same AA batteries from a year ago..very accurate and also has high/low retained memory.
Yeah I have a thermostat in the grow tent that shows the temp/rh.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This is also my first grow and from my understanding of some stuff I watched on ventilation for your veg tent u might be ok for now but in flower your going to need an air conditioner or attach fan and duct to bottom to bring in fresh air to circulate
I have always used a passive intake on my 3x3 with a 440cu ft exhaust fan and variable controller..In flower..everything changes..DRASTICALLY!

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Isn’t that what the inline and carbon filter is suppose to do? Shouldn’t the fan I have inside blow fresh air also?

Calichief

Calichief

Isn’t that what the inline and carbon filter is suppose to do? Shouldn’t the fan I have inside blow fresh air also?
No the way it is used is to pull the hot air thru the filter sucked in thru the fan and then it blows out the tent ususlly from up high vents so from the bottom u can hook up a fan and duct to push in fresh air

Calichief

Calichief

No the way it is used is to pull the hot air thru the filter sucked in thru the fan and then it blows out the tent ususlly from up high vents so from the bottom u can hook up a fan and duct to push in fresh air
And the fan u have on the inside I’ll be circulating air but what air is it circulating the same air in the tent if your not giving it fresh air?

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

And the fan u have on the inside I’ll be circulating air but what air is it circulating the same air in the tent if your not giving it fresh air?
Isn’t that why you leave part of the tent un zipped to get fresh air? So what fan and duct exactly do I need ?

Top Bottom