First grow - trichomes seem milky after 33 days

• Thread starter hhl63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hhl63

hhl63

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and new to growing as well. I am on day 33 of 12/12 light schedule of feminized Humbolt PPD. For the most part this girl has been thriving in spite of all of the mistakes I have been making along the way. I have been following along a week by week pictorial (https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-the-flowering-stage-of-cannabis-week-by-week-n611) and everything seemed to be on track until about a week ago - bud growth drastically slowed down. Also the past couple of days she is drinking less water. Also the smell got a little strong for the past week but much less today. I checked my journal and there are probably several things I did concurrently that could have stressed out the plant - mostly pruning lower branches that were not getting a lot of light.

So where I am today is it seems that bud growth is behind a week or more, but the trichomes seem like we could be ready to harvest soon, which is a week or two sooner than I was expecting. My questions are: 1) how much longer before I should harvest (I would like a more energetic THC); 2) I would love to know a better way to determine the flowering stages by looking at the plant instead of going by weeks. When should I be flushing or just feeding plain water? Is this the ripening stage? I also have a sour diesel that has a 65 day flowering schedule so it is confusing to me how these 2 different strains with different schedules fit into these stages. I am kind of a nerd so I do have a tendency to over-think things but I’ve learned to live with that for the most part :)

Thank you all very much for your thoughts!

First grow   trichomes seem milky after 33 days
First grow   trichomes seem milky after 33 days 2
First grow   trichomes seem milky after 33 days 3
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and new to growing as well. I am on day 33 of 12/12 light schedule of feminized Humbolt PPD. For the most part this girl has been thriving in spite of all of the mistakes I have been making along the way. I have been following along a week by week pictorial (https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-the-flowering-stage-of-cannabis-week-by-week-n611) and everything seemed to be on track until about a week ago - bud growth drastically slowed down. Also the past couple of days she is drinking less water. Also the smell got a little strong for the past week but much less today. I checked my journal and there are probably several things I did concurrently that could have stressed out the plant - mostly pruning lower branches that were not getting a lot of light.

So where I am today is it seems that bud growth is behind a week or more, but the trichomes seem like we could be ready to harvest soon, which is a week or two sooner than I was expecting. My questions are: 1) how much longer before I should harvest (I would like a more energetic THC); 2) I would love to know a better way to determine the flowering stages by looking at the plant instead of going by weeks. When should I be flushing or just feeding plain water? Is this the ripening stage? I also have a sour diesel that has a 65 day flowering schedule so it is confusing to me how these 2 different strains with different schedules fit into these stages. I am kind of a nerd so I do have a tendency to over-think things but I’ve learned to live with that for the most part :)

Thank you all very much for your thoughts!
Welcome to the FARM! 🤙🤜🤛😎 They look YUMMY, nice job! 🤤👍

I'm no expert, but we just kept a look out for when it starts to amber, the more amber = couch lock (imo 🥴😄), I'm not seeing any amber in your pics (yet), ours got cloudy first, then the amber started creeping in until one next day BAM, amber invasion...When it's ready about 30-50% of the pistils will change color (mostly amber). We sampled a friend's GDP over the weekend, he harvested at about 30-35% amber and it was da bomb, @breezy nailed it, it was energetic and fruity flavor, no couch lock! 👍😎

Last edited:
hhl63

hhl63

Welcome to the FARM! 🤙🤜🤛😎 They look YUMMY, nice job! 🤤👍

I'm no expert, but we just kept a look out for when it starts to amber, the more amber = couch lock (imo 🥴😄), I'm not seeing any amber in your pics (yet), ours got cloudy first, then the amber started creeping in until one next day BAM, amber invasion...When it's ready about 30-50% of the pistils will change color (mostly amber). We sampled a friend's GDP over the weekend, he harvested at about 30-35% amber and it was da bomb, @breezy nailed it, it was energetic and fruity flavor, no couch lock! 👍😎
Thanks very much! Glad you guys got a great harvest too!

Right after I posted this I spent a lot of time looking through this forum and one other and I realized that I was making a classic newbie mistake. I tried to delete the post but it was too late lol.

I found out that the clear trichomes are reflective, so they can look cloudy depending on the angle, etc. The pistils started changing color sooner than I was expecting too...

Last edited:
hhl63

hhl63

I took these this morning which is 44 days since 12/12 light schedule. I am hoping she will be ready in the next week or two. I just changed the light to the ripen setting which has more blue/less red. Gonna drop the humidity and temp a bit too.

GROW2108 08 06 091
GROW2108 08 14 092
GROW2108 08 15 093
GROW2108 08 15 094
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

See I don't like the smoke that's got that hard crystallized layer on the outside. Shit just puts me to sleep. When I found out you control the effect by the color of tricomes, let's just say I like harvesting early and getting amped when I smoke. Shit makes me go go with near clear or partly cloudy tricomes. I ain't trying to sleep this life away lol.. Trying to get shit done.. While not remembering it.. Or knowing wtf I'm even doing lol..

hhl63

hhl63

See I don't like the smoke that's got that hard crystallized layer on the outside. Shit just puts me to sleep. When I found out you control the effect by the color of tricomes, let's just say I like harvesting early and getting amped when I smoke. Shit makes me go go with near clear or partly cloudy tricomes. I ain't trying to sleep this life away lol.. Trying to get shit done.. While not remembering it.. Or knowing wtf I'm even doing lol..
Yeah totally agree, energizing bud is what is best for my mood. I guess the trick will be to harvest early but not too early. I took a sample at 36 days which is WAY too early, quick dried and gave it a smoke. It gave me a mild body high which was not by any means unpleasant. I took another at 50 days and that smoke starts out as a nice head high after about a 1.5 hours it slides into more euphoric and sleepy. This my first grow so I have no idea how much is from what I did vs what the genetics. I ended up chopping the rest at 59 days and it is curing now.

Top Bottom