First grow...what do you think of this set up?

• Thread starter Blahhh22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blahhh22

Stilll having trouble with my gdp. Buut satvia, kryptonite, trainwreck, g-13, and afgan goo are going perfectly fine.

First growwhat do you think of this set up
First growwhat do you think of this set up 2
jagle

jagle

fucking terrible.

those cfls need to be mounted 1-2 inchs from the plants, 3 max, not 3 feet. you should drop all those cfls, get a mounting bracket and build a lil thing that will hold them horizontal over the plants, on pullys so youc an raise / lower it.

honestly your not gonna grow shit like that
your plants loook over watered, or over fed or something seriously wrong with that dodgy one anyway.

sorry to be harsh, im being brutally honest

B

Blahhh22

Naw its coool. I just thought if they were close the plants would get heat damage

jagle

jagle

its an old now dead setup. but did yield well for the cost.

anyway keep the lights close to the plants, and growing with cfls, topping and training, or lst is the way to go. scrogs work well too

skuzz99

skuzz99

yup them cfls can basically b touching the leave without em burnin. close is good wit cfls

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

jagle is right, get those lights way closer, anyways, its kinda hard for us to tell you what we think about your grow just by looking at a couple dark photo's. Give us some info on temps, RH, medium, size of plants, type of nutrients, number of plants, ect., when you tell us more then we can give you an accurate assessment of your grow op, good luck.

B

Blahhh22

The lights are way closer now. And idk the temp yet I'm going to go buy a theometer today that reads the temp and huminity. My sativa, trainwreck, and g-13 is 6inchs, my gdp is a foot and a 1/2, and my afgan goo is 7 cm. so I have 5 plants. and I'm using organic miracle grow soil. And I was using just bat guano 9-3-1 and maxsea plant food. Buut I just started using miracle grow indoor plant food sticks 6-12-6. And I water them twice a week

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You got to start somewhere. Small or big, you are learning.

Listen to others about the height of the lights.

With any light, you never want the plants sitting in the shadows, which is what looks like you have them.

A ghetto way to tell if its too warm is hold the back of your hand at the tops of the plant. If you feel hot move it till its cooler. But using those lights you should have them super close

Good luck and hope your grow is good.

jagle

jagle

honestly, if i was you, minimum id use 4-6 of those t5 or t8 cfls for your grow. but i would but new seeds and start again. and learn a bit first for a week or two and then grow properly and pull double what you would by trying to let these bitches finish.

your biggest plant there i can make out in the photo is pretty fucked looking.
no offence

B

Blahhh22

I only have 4 cfls.
And yeah she is bad. And I probably will get new seeds and start again

jagle

jagle

honestly man, i think youll be wasting your time, cos youll spend 10/14 week now growing and flowering those plants and they could turn out shit, while if you spend 3 weeks getting ready now youll have a much better grow with the knowledge and people on this forum.

first off from what i can see, not enough light for vegging 5 plants, and no sign of any flowering lights, and if you wanna flowetr with the same lights you dont have enough. no ventilation from what i can see, youll need enough intake and exhaust to grow healthy plants. also no internal circulation fan, without one your plants will be weak and wont grow as well.

these are just the basics i dont think you have covered. even in my shitty box from i had the basics

B

Blahhh22

Why do I need more lights for flowering? And how many would I need?

jagle

jagle

light is composed of red, green and blue spectrums, you want blue for veg, to simulate early spring, and red for flower to simulate autum.

Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp#Spectrum_of_light

so blue would be 5000k - 6000k and red would be 2700k - 3400k these are the colours commonly printed on the side of the cfl boxes. often described as cool blue, warm white, you want to see the actual spectrum of the cfl bulb.
you want to use different spectrum cfls for veg or flower, or if you wanna spend big bucks get cfls for a mh (metal halide) for veg and a hps ( high pressure sodium) for flower

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Bro, just go on Google and search "indoor marijuana grow guide" and read the fuck out of shit everyday for at least a few weeks. Then come on back to the farm and ask any questions you need and research indoor growing techniques, then start growing. You are headed in the right direction but you still don't even know the basics, there is too much info you need to learn before you come on here asking questions because it would take you days just to learn how to properly germinate seeds. Experience is important, but you really need to study basic cultivation before you try this again. You get an A+ for effort but learn the basics first and good luck.

quin

quin

Ahhh, kinda looks like what i did for my first attempt at growing. Went terribly so ended up investing in a book the next time round. subsequent tried were better and now I'd even say they're good! lol

Forums like this rock, being able to get live feedback as you go.

Top Bottom