First grow with promix hp, Please answer a few doubts if possible

• Thread starter kakkrot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kakkrot

Hi,
so i am planning for my first grow, 2 auto plants
I am thinking to go with pro mix hp as medium, i read that this medium does not require feeding until the first few weeks, Is this true ?

Second- what kind of nutes should i use ? i am aware of liquid nutes by flora trio or canna line, Ps i am gonna hand feed, got no automatic watering
Third- is liquid nutes better or dry ammendments better by gaia green, For any of liquid or dry which nutes should i go with in specific , i am located in canada, Will dry nutes be better for a first time grower as liquid ones involves lots of ph testing and ec and run off ph testing to avoid salt buildup in mediums like coco or pro mix hp

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Promix HP is mainly peat moss. There are better mediums out there. Don’t know a lot about it but from what I can see you probably should start feeding at 2-3weeks if not sooner. Maybe someone with better knowledge will chime in

growsince79

growsince79

Hi,
I am thinking to go with pro mix hp as medium, i read that this medium does not require feeding until the first few weeks, Is this true ?

Second- what kind of nutes should i use ? i am aware of liquid nutes by flora trio or canna line, Ps i am gonna hand feed, got no automatic watering
Third- is liquid nutes better or dry ammendments better by gaia green, For any of liquid or dry which nutes should i go with in specific , i am located in canada, Will dry nutes be better for a first time grower as liquid ones involves lots of ph testing and ec and run off ph testing to avoid salt buildup in mediums like coco or pro mix hp
I start on day 4 in promix. Ime seeds started in cocoloco and plain water grow faster.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Hi,

Based on my first grow experience I chucked my bottled nutes and went organic. Their two diff styles, so pick one and do some research, find a grow diary or youtuber doing that grow style. Have fun👍

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Hi,

i grow in promix hp and used mega crop two part nutrients. their canadian company and can mail anywhere.
Promix hp has no nutrients in it and i started feeding after a few weeks. The hp brand has mycorhize which has good resources for the root system to develop better.
I also never ph my water or used calmag. The mega crop brough my tap water to 6.4ph and i just water the plants with the nutrients being mixed in water.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i like dry amendments as it can be easier to measure the grams vs liquid and i think it last longer. However, this is my opinion.
Gyo Green, jacks are also good, You can mix gyo green it in the soil and water the plants or jacks and mc can be mixed with each watering.
i think a experinced soil grower might not need a ph, tds meter which i think most do but a new grower should have it so they can reference the measurement accordingly. so its good to have a ph, tds meter. If your planning on growing for a long time than get a good one and not some cheap one.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hi,

How much do you want to grow? How much room do you have and how much experience with plants do you have? Total noob? Go organic. It's easiest.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if you go promix hp with botanicare liquid nutrients than i have grow dairies with all feeding etc from start to finish, go to “what’s gnick55 up too” last page go backwards till start of a grow.. it’s one of the easiest and least amount of work to grow successfully..
i never ph anything, no clue what’s in my water, etc..
good luck and keep us posted with your grow!
plenty of fantastic growers here who love to help out!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
careful gents. OP posted on Friday, it's Tuesday. don't go dumping a bunch of resources on a dead end if they're not responding. We're into another phase of newcoming short-timers, approach accordingly.

Top Bottom