First Grow

• Thread starter Humungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humungus

Humungus

Good morning, first grow 5 & half weeks into flowering,( one month veg) ,excellent farm compost soil , no nutes , just molasses,plants very lush and nice buds growing , my question is about nitrogen , should I try to lower nitrogen levels or just leave alone , as I’m confused by all the comments make about nitrogen and flowering. Regards Humungus

First grow
First grow 2
First grow 3
BudBogart

BudBogart

You shouldn’t use a fertilizer containing nitrogen at flower stage. You can use fertilizer containing P and K during flowering.

Reactions: Ina
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Welcome and to answer your question i ise only a grow ratio complete fertilizer to the end.

There are many lab tests of what nutrients actually in the plant through each cycles and it never changes much like you would think from mis-marketed marijuana nutes.

Here is an interview with the president of dyna grow admittng he only sells the bloom bottle due to customer demand. Not plant science. And his lab tests are discussed thoroughly.

This interview is why I decided to skip the heavy pk products. My results are better now.

Last edited:
Humungus

Humungus

Thanks for the welcome and replies. Great info but my question was should I leave them or reduce nitrogen, I don’t want to add any nutes other than molasses. Thanks dan

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Common urban legend/knowledge is to limit the amount of Nitrogen used during flowering. I use less Nitrogen than during veg growth, but never withhold nitrogen altogether unless I think I am over the needed amount. A good indicator can be the large fan leaves, which store energy and nutrients for the plant to use later, typically during flowering. With low levels of nitrogen in the soil, the large fan leaves will start to yellow much faster since plant growth is still going on during flowering, just not s much as you see during veg growth.

Humungus

Humungus

Common urban legend/knowledge is to limit the amount of Nitrogen used during flowering. I use less Nitrogen than during veg growth, but never withhold nitrogen altogether unless I think I am over the needed amount. A good indicator can be the large fan leaves, which store energy and nutrients for the plant to use later, typically during flowering. With low levels of nitrogen in the soil, the large fan leaves will start to yellow much faster since plant growth is still going on during flowering, just not s much as you see during veg growth.
Thanks jimster , good info on indicator, will watch leaves for signs . This is my first time and it’s a tester crop to see which way to go , organic or nutes . Have great outdoor plants in this soil , 10ft tall , huge buds , no nutes . Hopefully indoor will be half as good

tekj2000

tekj2000

Heya--Humungus,
you've come to the right and proper Forums for answers of all directions..!! They've been taking care and watching over me for a few months now-- w great results !! Welcome----

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks jimster , good info on indicator, will watch leaves for signs . This is my first time and it’s a tester crop to see which way to go , organic or nutes . Have great outdoor plants in this soil , 10ft tall , huge buds , no nutes . Hopefully indoor will be half as good
I've never had much luck outdoors, but never had the chance to grow them in full sun, either. Indoors was so simple and reliable, I never worried about it afterwards. I've had some indoor grows in old Victorian houses with 14 ft ceilings years back and we hit 12 ft at 3 months...looked like a Christmas tree. It was huge, beautiful with huge colas, but the potency of the buds was pretty lousy. It looked great, tasted great, but didn't pack too much of a punch. I've always used general 20-20-20 water soluble fertilizer, wood ashes, and composted manure. I find that extra fertilizer is almost always beneficial.
I get decent results without any additions...100% Promix, maybe 80/100. With fertilizer and stuff...maybe 91/100. The best I've ever tried was probably a 98/100, so I'm quite satisfied with my results based on the medium that I use. The extra few points out of a possible of 100 isn't worth the cost, time, or efforts in my opinion. I subscribe to the minimalist approach, like yourself...but maybe not quite as minimalist!

Humungus

Humungus

Hey Jim , I’ll leave this grow with molasses only and see end results , will try a little of nutes next flowering . Have some started as seeds to flower , doing very good , try to make grow as fast as possible with out auto grow plants , 3.5 months finished and the tall plant grown outside were very decent in thc probley around 15 %

D4A1A116 6E7A 4A7D AD1F AC7E23880C9C
58200DB4 3E82 494A 93D5 6A904442FDBD
Top Bottom