First grow!

• Thread starter Mr.Budly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Simoa kush and super silver glue strains
2'x4'x5' occulent tent
Vipar spectra 600w dimmable and 300w full spectrum lights (roughly 365 watts at outlet according to manufacture)
140 cfm 4" fan and scrubber
Ocean forest soil and fox farms trio plus cal-mag
Simoa kush is 9 weeks veg and super silver glue 8 weeks veg. Both topped at 4th node

Wifey is sick of me talking about em so maybe y'all can enjoy my excitement or shut me up haha found that simoa kush seed in an 1/8 rolling through Colorado on a business trip driving to Michigan!

First grow
First grow 2
First grow 3
First grow 4
First grow 5
First grow 6
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Beautiful grow brotha can’t wait til my baby gets that big 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼. My first grow myself only in week 2 1/2. My spouse actually enjoys the plant 🌱 she’s from Thailand and her family grows she enjoys it.

Thank you thank you, lots to learn still! Dang big cat you lucky, my life would be much easier if she enjoyed it too! That's awesome! Patience is a virtue I have not yet mastered, they start to smell oh so good I want em yesterday!! They gave me hell for a minute, got twisted tips and slight burns but they straightened out with help of the folks here! Ooo what are you growing?!

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Welcome to the farm lol I can sympathize... My wife will avoid conversations about growing at all costs. It's a passion not all people share but fortunately your in the right place.
Haha glad I ain't the only one! It's a lot of fun, tests your brain and your patience I'm figuring out! Glad there is a community like this, it's just too bad I didn't find it sooner but I'm happy to be a part of it now!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You wanna know the funny part she has 2 brown arms nevermind thumbs. She brings a plant home and I smh knowing it's dead the minute she laid eye on it. And I'm on her like flies on shit about them bringing bugs in and fucking up my plants. Finally I just started throwing them in the garbage when she leaves for work lol.

Add to this the neighborhood I live in most people have plenty of flowers so she feels she must also spend a small fortune each spring buying all these flowers she has no idea how to look after. Usually about a week of me harping on her that her flowers are dying and they need planted she sticks em in the ground with the help of our neighbors wife. From that point on they are on their own I remind her dam near daily to water them and after a few weeks I just do it and end up looking after them the rest of the year.... All the pruning , feeding, watering etc.

Now the kicker people will come over and comment on how nice HER flowers are and how much work she must put in... She literally says "it's easy and it's just something she likes to do" I just shake my head, roll my eyes and will leave out what I say to myself... Lol. Love that woman

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

You wanna know the funny part she has 2 brown arms nevermind thumbs. She brings a plant home and I smh knowing it's dead the minute she laid eye on it. And I'm on her like flies on shit about them bringing bugs in and fucking up my plants. Finally I just started throwing them in the garbage when she leaves for work lol.

Add to this the neighborhood I live in most people have plenty of flowers so she feels she must also spend a small fortune each spring buying all these flowers she has no idea how to look after. Usually about a week of me harping on her that her flowers are dying and they need planted she sticks em in the ground with the help of our neighbors wife. From that point on they are on their own I remind her dam near daily to water them and after a few weeks I just do it and end up looking after them the rest of the year.... All the pruning , feeding, watering etc.

Now the kicker people will come over and comment on how nice HER flowers are and how much work she must put in... She literally says "it's easy and it's just something she likes to do" I just shake my head, roll my eyes and will leave out what I say to myself... Lol. Love that woman
Feel that!! Got a similar situation! Her flowers look real good here too!!! Haha when they mean something special huh? They keep us sane most of the time I like to think!

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

3 weeks into flower, seems promising enough to get me by if I can get the girls to bare with me while I learn on a curve. 1st, 3rd, and 5th are simoa kush 2nd, 4th, and 6th are super silver glue. They look good and make me drool when I whisk my fingers through their hair!

IMG 20191116 114014
IMG 20191116 114011
IMG 20191116 111659
IMG 20191116 111532
IMG 20191116 111723
IMG 20191115 143754
Last edited:
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Update:

Plants were doing great until I was blessed with the miracle of a little girl Wednesday evening! The ladies took a hit while we were at the hospital, they got a little thirsty!!! Gonna ride it out and see what happens, seem to have perked up in some areas. Sorry about the blurple in the last pick, just happens to show some fan leaves piping up after a nice watering!
IMG 20191129 150859
IMG 20191129 150903
IMG 20191130 181213

IMG 20191129 150913
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

So I had decided to pop a few beans a couple weeks back cause I like the idea of perpetual growing and wanted to experiment a little.
All 4 are in Coco amended with some ocean forest and too dang much perlite... Something like 40%, I forgot the Mother Earth I have is 70/30 out the bag. Just got to hold off til Friday and I'll mix it up right. Might try happy frog in one to see if I can tell a noticeable difference.

Light Is a "300" watt cf grow cob, about 100 actual watt pull

Watering them when they get dry, takes 4-5 days in 1 gal plastic pots

Plants are just over 2 weeks stuffed in the closet. Hoping it gives me something to work with if the other gals don't pull through.

IMG 20191201 155455
IMG 20191202 192434
Cookiebone13

Cookiebone13

Looking good man! Congrats on the newborn! The farm is a great place to pick up knowledge and talk with fellow growers, the plants are looking very good, I am no master seeing I am only on my 2nd grow but it is looking good. The luck of Michigan was on your side with those seeds, take more business trips if you keep finding seeds lol

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Looking good man! Congrats on the newborn! The farm is a great place to pick up knowledge and talk with fellow growers, the plants are looking very good, I am no master seeing I am only on my 2nd grow but it is looking good. The luck of Michigan was on your side with those seeds, take more business trips if you keep finding seeds lol

Thanks! we are stoked to have her, she already changed us for the better! Actually found a new job so i could be closer to home, at least in the same state and city! The Samoa seed I found, the super silver glue seeds I purchased, hoping they bounce back and the closet veg does alright til I can do the 'ol swap-a-roo to try a few different angles round 2 to the 2x4 tent to accommodate a more filled out canopy, learning tricks as I go from some talented individuals!can't seem to read enough round here!

Madbud

Madbud

Hope your daughter will share your new hobby someday! My better half accepts my girls as long as her roses are “easy” to care for🤙

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Umm... Heres the ladies.. :( gonna flush the nutrients out of the new growth and see what happens...

Feed:
2 tsp tiger bloom
1 tsp grow big (soil)
4 ml CaMg
1 oz big bloom

Ph: 6.2 up top (in the gallon I feed each, rough 20% reading same as feed solution, 6.2)

Cut lower branches off with ready and dry/burnt trichomes... Having a hard time letting 3 months of grief go easy... Think the Samoa is going herm, found "potential" seeds premature (light) on lower branches cut... Probably about to hear, "toss her..." I can't... This strain ain't available here, I would like to ride it out, maybe I'll get get a good seed and it'll win the underdog story title!

IMG 20191205 201517
IMG 20191205 200712
IMG 20191205 200505
IMG 20191205 200046
IMG 20191205 200046
IMG 20191205 200000
Last edited:
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Here's the closet perpetual ready for placement... Dang 2 in the back stretched and doubled in 48 hrs... 4 nodes high and topped this evening (center), 7 & 5 nodes outter and 2 weeks ahead. Gonna have to trellis these ones I think... 1 on the right grows as fast as the last confirmed male, far left looks to be a few days behind ( popped together ), middle 2 stretching tough, gonna be taller than I liked but what do you do... Seems it is what it is, still got to re-pot the closet "unknowns" this weekend, it ain't pretty but fuck me sideways I'm trying where I can squeeze in the time now

IMG 20191205 201737
IMG 20191205 200316
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Put a little love into the perpetual "potential" this evening, O.G. ladies hanging in there still! Got em in 2g pots 50% Coco, 25% ocean forest, and 25% happy frog. Gonna let them finish in small pots and that mix amended with an attempt at teas later on. We'll see what happens, like to get closer to mixing/amending my own soil by grow attempt 3.

IMG 20191207 183709
IMG 20191207 162739
IMG 20191207 162745
IMG 20191207 183608
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

1st 2 are Samoa kush, 2nd 2 are super silver glue... Hanging in there, popped out a few more fan leaves! There's hope yet!! Trichomes are clear on the lower buds, need a little more time.. hope they hang in there!

IMG 20191207 194008
IMG 20191207 193953
IMG 20191207 194032
IMG 20191207 193957
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Added some supplemental side lighting, hopefully the added 40w will reduce having to turn the plants twice a day to be in the cf grow's footprint. The light is doing fine for a $45 veg light ( committed so I may get a second for next perpetual setup), the stretch don't scare me. In 5g fabric pots the overall length of the plants in the 6' flower tent averages just over 3' or about a meter overall give or take a doll-hair! Could easily relocate the can filter to accommodate another 1' of room. Pretty sure the flowering ladies have some burn, y'all think it'll turn out decent or am I wasting my time? Could easily reset the tent for these 4 pre-mature cannapups! Got some ideas to better the tent next go-a-round!

Gonna feed the perpetual around a pH of 6-6.4 to help bring down the ocean forest( don't know what happy frog settles around so we'll see), got a consistent temp of 70-76 farenheit and a r.h. of 40-60 depending on the day. Any tips welcome for how to keep this one organic, I don't want bottle nutes this go. Planning an outdoor comparison this next season, gotta find what you are good at... Got to experiment to find out!

IMG 20191207 225341
Last edited:
Top Bottom