First grow

• Thread starter cosmic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cosmic

Recentley found this site and hoping for guidance and encouragement.

I started 5 seeds of big buddha cheese, i should have put them in the light sooner i think cuz three of them have gone really spindley. Starting to get first leaves on them and they are in a light box at the moment. I should say at this point that everything is being done as cheaply as possible and can't get any fancy equipment yet.
My friend can get four second gen cuttings this week, and he says that the first crop from seed won't yeild that much anyway, and that i should start off with his cuttings but carry on with one or two of the big buddha cheese for cuttings for the next grow. I really am a complete beginner and not really sure what to do.
Is there any kind of day to day plan i could follow, so i know what to do and when to do it ?
I'm going to get a weather station to check the temp and humidity. I've been reading a fair bit on here about growing process, drying, etc, and really am just after some of you lovely growers and tokers to give me a few pointers and to pass on some of your tried and tested formulas :-)
The packet the seeds came in says flowering time 7-9 weeks, would this be right ? i really don't want to mess it up by cutting too early.
I got 600 watt for four plants, is that the most or could i do more ?

Really appreciate your time and attention with guiding me towards a winning crop :-)

G

Gartner

Growing and flowering, takes place in a cycle of stages, The basic factors to be consider are.
Lights/lamps
Soil or hydro
Fertilizers/nutrients
Pots size
Ph level of the soil,
Temperature
Humidity
Growing from seeds
Cutting and splitting
Flowering stage...
Harvesttime period
Pests and diseases

J

johndeere

Ok, first things first, do you have a seperate area for vegging/ mothers/cloning/flowering. If not you have to have at the least 2 seperate areas to work with. Veg ,mothers and clones can all take place in one area,flowering in the other.If your seedlings are under an hps they are going to stretch as your only introducing a red spectrum light.At this point they need blue light (daylight CFLs are cheap and work well) to help them form a solid more compact plant structure. A plant from seed can yield monstrous amounts its all in how you grow it. By all means keep a mother plant from one of your seeds,you spent good money for good genetics keep em as long as you like.Weather station will be a great investment.The seed packet is giving you a general idea of how long it takes in general with that strain, it will vary but it shouldnt be alot. The amount of light you provide is more relative to your growing space and growing style than plant count. You could and eventually should read for hours on end about lighting, the general rule of thumb is no less than 50 watts per square foot of floor space. As I said theres alot of different counts and measures involved with lighting but this is a pretty reliable generalization. The day to day thing is something you will have to pretty much figure out for yourself and your plants,but then this kind of learning is kinda fun. Google is your friend, Ed rosenthal , Jorge Cervantes and Robert Clarke all have books you can search out online, read til your eyes bleed. Have fun with it, Good Luck

M

maryjane18

well one thing i can inform you of is...
if u young/spindely plants or even bigger ones
a fan on them on high will make stalks stronger.

I

IndSat

well one thing i can inform you of is...
if u young/spindely plants or even bigger ones
a fan on them on high will make stalks stronger.

Fan the clones & ones in the flower tent. Def keep a mommy or 2 per strain. Didnt catch if you are soil or hydro.. basics be sure they have fresh clean nutrient treated water..RO filtered water is the best. Also once or twice a day take a spray bottle with only RO water and spray the leaves. A cap full of Super Thrive per 5-10 gallons of water will not hurt the vegging or flowering plants.

As far as done time, that varies per strain, lighting setup, daily care, nutrient level etc etc etc. Best best, treat the mommy with special attention now, view others grow journals for the strain you have and see how close you are to their results.

One strain may grow like wildflowers with improper care. Another strain with the same care could all die. Every strain is a little different.

Good luck, read read & read!

C

cosmic

hi all, i ended up with one plant but made the mistake of not topping it and now i think its ready for harvest, i have started a new thread in the harvesting section, heading "problem with harvesting", any help would be most appreciated.

Top Bottom