first grow

• Thread starter nebraskaguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nebraskaguy

im a virgin grower, I got a 400w light, met hal and hp sod bulb. my bulbs were broken upon arival now i have my flourecent inside a 4'x4'x78" tent, there are five girls about 3"-4" tall. My temp with lights running is about 81 and lights off is about 60 deg. my lights are on during the day and off at night. are the temps ok or should I add some cooling/heating? I have a average size fan under my grow table and a small one in the upper corner of the tent, to circulate air. there is also a vent on top.
One more thing i started my seeds in soil that i placed in a small paper dixie cup. they started fine and are about four inches. I transplanted them into a red plastic dixie cup yesterday. How long will it take to know if i totally f***** them up they look healty and are not browing or nothing. Thanks guys like I said i am new to the farming side of thigs

G

grnmountainboy

lights on temp should be between 74-78 degrees. lights off shouldnt go much below 64. a good thermostat to control your fans should only cost like 60 bucks, it is definitely worth it not to worry about temp stress. usually when you transplant something it should take about a day or two to know if you disturbed the roots. if they arent getting sick yet, they should be alright. good luck, and by the way- welcome to the farm!

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Start your lights at night & turn off in the morning.
You'll be paying less running it at night and also will keep your room much cooler when lights are on, also avoiding these big dropping of temperature between day night cycles.
Peace!

N

nebraskaguy

epic!!!!

So i changed my lights around and i hooked up a winidow a/c unit with some ducktape, a cereal box and metal drier tube to bring in cool air from outside. This setup runs off of an automatic thermostat that is hung about growing level of the plants. now my room is always between 65 and 80 degrees with my lights about 12 inches above the plants. I also hung up a ex-hale co2 bag I think it is helping the plants look like they are getting more vibriant.

Top Bottom