First Grow!

• Thread starter Weedsmoker22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weedsmoker22

Later that night before going to bed, you can see she's starting to perk up
20170621 191006

I have 3 Critical kush's in a 120x120 tent. I also germinated around 30 bagseeds, of which 10 were unique species.

For the first week I have some crappy bulbs honestly; 3 11w's. But it was more than enough and as you can see they took off. The current bulb I have is a 125w cfl, unfortunately my other one broke in shippment :/

Inside never drops below 20c at night and never above 30 during the day. I have my lights on at night so they don't get quite as hot during the day, when it's hot.

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

Welcome to the farm. Very nice hope this grow will work,out. Give us some details, outside, inside, lights if appropriate and strain your growing?

W

Weedsmoker22

Welcome to the farm. Very nice hope this grow will work,out. Give us some details, outside, inside, lights if appropriate and strain your growing?
I'm a couple weeks into the grow by now, just trying to get a weeks worth of pics up :)

As to answering what you said, I shall continue to update/edit this thread as I go a long. Thanks for your questions

MW7945

MW7945

Looks like you need to move your light closer, those things are stretching pretty bad

W

Weedsmoker22

Looks like you need to move your light closer, those things are stretching pretty bad
I wrote in the post that my bulbs were crap :/ I changed them today so there's a much higher lumen count

MW7945

MW7945

You're gonna probably need to support them somehow when it starts to really throw out leaves. Those things are going to be super top heavy. How long are those stems right now?

W

Weedsmoker22

You're gonna probably need to support them somehow when it starts to really throw out leaves. Those things are going to be super top heavy. How long are those stems right now?
I was going to ask if anyone had any ideas as to how to keep them up, they're roughly 15 cm from base till leaves (for the biggest ones) at the moment. Currently using straws and chopsticks as a make shift solution. You're completely right! Very top heavy... open yo any advice!

W

Weedsmoker22

Bamboo skewers and twist ties coiled in a spring shape work but I usually just let mine fall over, they stand back up eventually.
These had weak light during the first two weeks of the grow, because of that would you advise to prop them up?

MW7945

MW7945

Yeah you're definitely going to want to get some wooden dowels to hold those things up, they're going to struggle for a while. Definitely don't want any fans blowing directly on them. I'm on my first grow right now too, one popped up earlier than the other and stretched a tiny bit, maybe 3cm, and the other is basically barely out of the dirt and very bushed because I moved the light down.

A PAR meter is definitely next on my list of things to get

Top Bottom