First hermies ever!...advice needed.

• Thread starter singingcrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singingcrow

singingcrow

Hi Farmers, you all have been such a help with my current and past grow, but I have a first:

2 hermies.

I am 12 days into flower and found pollen sacks (small, green, unopened) hanging all over two of my plants. The other 10 seem to be peachy-keen. Anyone have advice about these issues?:

1. Can I just keep picking every pollen sack cluster off of the two hermies and continue to grow in the same system? These plants are all together in rockwool slabs dividing be afraid of root damage if I cut them out of the rest if the slab full of females...

2. If I carefully remove all pollen sacks, can these two still grow female parts and get trichome full? Will they still gather female parts and increase in pistils, etc? Never dealt with this before.

3. I heard something a long time ago about spraying foliar hormone. Birth control pill ground into powder, blended into water and sprayed on the underside of leaves. Anyone know about this technique or others? Does a technique like this help facilitate the hetmies to re-female themselves again?

4. Will the rest of my harvest and/or these two plants be usable? I don't plan to use the seeds since I don't want a bunch of hermies running around out there!

Any and all advice appreciated.

opt1c

opt1c

you should spray em with dutch master's reverse now and then a week later; get some saturator too as u need to mix that with the reverse.. that'll stop the hermies in their tracks and turn em back into true females

or i'd chop em at the base of the stem as not to harm the root structures of the other plants

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
1 why did they hermie ? light leak ? stress ? if not then they are true hermies
toss them not worth spending money on to reverse

2 if you did/do have light leaks you should be able to fix leak remove pollen sack watch for more nuts for a week if no more show up your good JMO

singingcrow

singingcrow

Thanks you guys. +1 rep headed your way. Advice is always appreciated up in this girl's house!

singingcrow

singingcrow

Definitely be sending pics tonight...should gave done it at the offset...hard to diagnose without them. :(

singingcrow

singingcrow

Well folks.. I am the BIGGEST idiot in the world. Really. The breeder that sold me these seeds told me they were femanized. Obviously not. These are 100% male. After you guys made the suggestion, I looked closer under a loupe: the sexy females are just fine... luckily I sexed out these males before a pollonization took place! Attached are pics incase anyone wants to see and lend their thoughts.

I seperated out the males, put them in a shallow cloning tray with hydroton for a day or two and added the infernal basil which has been bugging me in the growroom. It actually looks like a bonsai garden of sorts!

males_.jpg
male_closeup.jpg
male_closeup1.jpg

singingcrow

singingcrow

Yeah, I pulled a Lorena Bobitt on s lot of these puppies. Wonder if plants feel pain?

audius

audius

pls dont feel like you got duped it happens even to the best breeders. i also have a gender confuzed plant growing right now but what i did was inspecct the plant totally. like get all up in the junk per say. & pull the nanners. that seems to be working for me at my farm.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Cool Audius! Whats good for all of us is chalking every stressful experience to one to remember for next time.. for instance now I know to look, more like pre-flower or in the first week, to sex plants, even if they are supposed to be female.

Learned another one the other day: never expect clones to root even in the best circumstances if there is just not enough vital energy to kickstart it. So... getting better at cloning too, and removing only enough leaftip to take plant stress, without stressing the plant more by depriving it of creating chlorophyll.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Yeah, I once gave mu husband's balls a tug to see how tight they were attached. He said, "they are actually stuck in that one place. Can't movem. Ouch." What an interesting part of the body. 2 balls, one sac. It moves. So weird. Much weirder than anything a woman has!

Onespark

Onespark

Yeah, I pulled a Lorena Bobitt on s lot of these puppies. Wonder if plants feel pain?

I think plants feel love. Even if you dispatch them with love ;) Just like your husbands, or anyone else's, balls. Balls really respond better to love. Ok I will stop now. I don't think they would enjoy being dispatched with love. Maybe plants do feel pain...!?:confused0054:

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Yeah, I once gave mu husband's balls a tug to see how tight they were attached. He said, "they are actually stuck in that one place. Can't movem. Ouch." What an interesting part of the body. 2 balls, one sac. It moves. So weird. Much weirder than anything a woman has!

Hey just cause you can sees our pipes doesn't mean it's any more weird than the plumbing you fems got! LMFAO!!
:giggle

singingcrow

singingcrow

Haha! You guys rock.. too funny! Yeah I do love the plants, even the males. They are actually very pretty when in bloom! Isn't it weird in nature that male animals are the "showy" ones like peacocks, parrots, ducks?

singingcrow

singingcrow

Hey just cause you can sees our pipes doesn't mean it's any more weird than the plumbing you fems got! LMFAO!!
:giggle

Yeah, too true, but ours are all tucked away inside. Kinda boring from the outside. Men however... fascinating! I like this one part of a movie where the new guitarist is going onstage for the first time and his manager (a woman) hands him a roll of lifesavers. He says, "bad breath?" and she points to his crotch. He says "oh.". That's how you get an audience of women to watchya! :sun

Top Bottom