First hydro grow in waterfarm single bucket, need some help/advice.

• Thread starter Alien Abductee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alien Abductee

Ok, I have been a soil grower for 20+ years and I got some waterfarm buckets that I am learning on. They have modified with air-stones for dwc. I am using hydroton and gh flora.

I put the clone in about 48 hours ago and it looks reasonably well, not much damage on transplant, etc.

I am running the ph at 5.75 to 5.85 and the ppm around 300, res temp is right at 68 degrees. The clone has grow just a little, should the waterfarm take longer to start growing than soil? Any tips on getting the clone rooted?

First hydro grow in waterfarm single bucket need some helpadvice
S

smalltime99

You might have to hand water it till the roots get a little longer. Usually it is better to wait a little bit before putting right into the system. The roots will grow pretty fast once they become more towards the outside sections of the bucket. In the next few days you will see some good growth starting.

A

Alien Abductee

You might have to hand water it till the roots get a little longer. Usually it is better to wait a little bit before putting right into the system. The roots will grow pretty fast once they become more towards the outside sections of the bucket. In the next few days you will see some good growth starting.

Sweet, thanks. I just thought that they maybe getting to much water for the size, so I adjusted the rate of the drip. I have adjustable pumps all the way down, but left the air-stone on high. Should I completely stop the drip maybe? or put them on a timer?

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Make sure to adjust PH regularly...those buckets make the ph go crazy.
FJ

S

smalltime99

A

Alien Abductee

ok great, thanks a lot.. Would you use the 15-min an hour, or the 1 hour in morning, 1 at night type of thing? Sorry for the questions.

Jack Stackman

Jack Stackman

AA I don't know whats up with the flow of that drip ring, but I am running a contiuous high flow top drip system that i built and my plants are doin great right now. You will have plenty of air in there if u have enough flow. If not you might just need a timer ....

I had a problem with ph until I covered my tray (which has holes into the res). I think the main thing with the ph is not letting the light hit the nutrient solution. If you decide to run it continuous and start having problems with the ph I would just fill the container up to the drip ring.... The down side to running your pump continuous is the heat that it puts out. With that being said, you can ignore the last statement if your not using a submersible pump.

...Jay Es... :smiley_joint:

S

smalltime99

ok great, thanks a lot.. Would you use the 15-min an hour, or the 1 hour in morning, 1 at night type of thing? Sorry for the questions.

You should have it set to come on every hour for at least 8 min or 10min. As the weeks go on you could lower the min as the roots will be in the water.

A

Alien Abductee

Ok, thanks guys, you all rock!

The clone is looking much better and has perked up.. ill start a grow journal on it too.

C

ca_digger

I've beeen following this forum about W/F i was wondering i the amount o hydroton effects the plant. I noticed splashing on lower leaves and they began wilting

A

Alien Abductee

I've beeen following this forum about W/F i was wondering i the amount o hydroton effects the plant. I noticed splashing on lower leaves and they began wilting

If the entire plant looks like overwatering/drooping then slow the roll on the drip. My plants sprung big time after allowing more air on the roots since its so small still.

C

ca_digger

I adjusted the air pump and added more hydroton to just below the drip ring last night .It was mostly the lower tender leaves being effected i figure it was saturating them

C

ca_digger

I did one last year and i lost it Root Rot they turned Brown and Slimy 2 weeks into bloom i tried to start others with no success.Trying again

A

Alien Abductee

I did one last year and i lost it Root Rot they turned Brown and Slimy 2 weeks into bloom i tried to start others with no success.Trying again

Increase the O2 to the roots by increasing the non watering time interval, more time off or by lowering your res temp, i throw ice cubes in the res if the temp in the room is over 80 degrees. Make sure your res has an airstone.

Thats the direct cause of not having enough o2 on the roots.

A

Alien Abductee

do you live near an ocean or in a place that has RH above 50?

A

Alien Abductee

I have these, i got them with the set up when i bought my waterfarms used. I can put them over the drip ring around teh stalk and prevents splashing.

DSCN4680
C

ca_digger

LOL... yea really 2 heads a better than one.......I tried the timer 1/2 hour on and 1 hr off on the last one a couple weeks a go or so and it chocked and puked........ I really hate when a plant does not make it breaks my heart....... more Inland :pimp:

A

Alien Abductee

LOL... yea really 2 heads a better than one.......I tried the timer 1/2 hour on and 1 hr off on the last one a couple weeks a go or so and it chocked and puked........ I really hate when a plant does not make it breaks my heart....... more Inland :pimp:

High temps? was the temp really high, maybe increased your res temp above 70?

above 70 water loses its ability to hold o2 efficiently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom