First hydro grow in waterfarm single bucket, need some help/advice.

• Thread starter Alien Abductee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alien Abductee

it says international plumbing supply on it, its some kind of plumbing mat i think. Sturdy rubber type. glossy on one side, dull on the other. I have no idea what it would be called. I assume home depot would have it in the plumbing section.

I can post a printable pattern if you want to try to make some.

S

smalltime99

You can easily over water. That's why I said the time I did....been there! As for splashing, the rings should be left just a little below the top of bucket...maybe 1" below top. Then a good trick is using tinfoil over the top. Cut a slit down middle so stem fits. It also helps with a little shinning. Feel free to ask away. I have dealt with buckets for 15 years+. I would be surprised if I didnt already deal with a problem...LOL But then again.....I always like to hear and learn more....Can't know all....period! LOL Good luck Peace

ST

A

Alien Abductee

yeah, im finding I have to make a lot of adjustments because my RH is 60-90 most days because of the big ass ocean i have outside. What is easy for others may be a lot harder for me I am slowly learning this to be true. Dont get me started on sea salt in the air. Over watering for me is something I have to seriously avoid or I get rot so quickly. Growing soil I even had to run such light mixes, in conjunction with my leds, since the leds dont give off heat and my soil would never ever dry out. forget foliar feeding, im constantly battling mildew and mold, its a pain :P

A

Alien Abductee

You can easily over water. That's why I said the time I did....been there! As for splashing, the rings should be left just a little below the top of bucket...maybe 1" below top. Then a good trick is using tinfoil over the top. Cut a slit down middle so stem fits. It also helps with a little shinning. Feel free to ask away. I have dealt with buckets for 15 years+. I would be surprised if I didnt already deal with a problem...LOL But then again.....I always like to hear and learn more....Can't know all....period! LOL Good luck Peace

ST

How often do you change your res?

do you use h2o2 or anything to prevent baddies?

My rings only go to the top edge of the bucket, ive been looking at modifying it I think.

C

ca_digger

doing the timer,,,,,,,,,,,,, i went G/H's time setting 1/2 hr 0n 1 hr off . If ineed to it Diff. i will have get diff. timer my digitils are occupied

A

Alien Abductee

I completely understood your sentence I speak stonedese fluenently. Yeah i have a programmable digital in my flowering room too.

Just look for signs of drooping, if its drooping, move the time in between watering longer till the plant perks back up. I had to go with 2.5 hours off, because my RH is usually 80 or higher. If your RH is lower, it might be lower and 1 hour maybe perfect. I am thinking of going with 2 hours off today and see how that goes.

C

ca_digger

So you read stoneglish me too.......I set it to be off during lights out... it looks good was just checking the girls. i figure i have one more dirt grow and will go all hydro :cool0041:

C

ca_digger

the RH here is like 25 i put a humidifier in my bloom roo so i can bring it up or im way dry with lights on

A

Alien Abductee

Just about the same here! I have 2 soil plants left in veg and will be rolling in the warterfarms as they come out. I have 1 soil plant on backup in case the waterfarm doesnt work.... lol

S

smalltime99

How often do you change your res?

do you use h2o2 or anything to prevent baddies?

My rings only go to the top edge of the bucket, ive been looking at modifying it I think.

Well I would say that I am not your average Water guy. I have read many post here and it seems as if most change them often. I dont change my res unless it is time to change to flower. Then I drain it out as much as I can and I just add flower nutes. Then I just add to it every other day as it needs it. I know this can't be done on larger systems but for small runs it works the best.
I use Hygrozyme to help clean the system during the cycle. I have noticed it works well with the salt build up on the rings and around top of the buckets.

A

Alien Abductee

Ok thanks a lot for your input, always good to hear from someone with some experience. I just ordered some cleanex, hopefully it does a good job. Ill have to get some of what you recommended when I get paid. I have 4 buckets but I will only run 3, so I think I can use the 4th bucket to make changes really easy. Just add cleanex to it, change the top to the cleanex and run it while I make the new nute bucket, then switch it back. It looks good on paper, but we'll see.

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

68 degrees too cold!

Germanation-70-78degrees
Vegetative-68-82degrees
Flowering-68-80degrees
Cloning-75-85degrees

this is all based off the fact of growing hydro-indoor.

also, did you presoak your rockwool fiber in a secondary nute compound like Dutchmaster A.P.S?

Getting to your point...Your basically waiting for all the roots to grow as much as possible so for a little while you will have a little plant with a MASSIVE root structure in the bucket then into the second flowering week your plants grow like......a....weed (bad pun)...

your right on track, but crank up the temp, just a little bit and maybe add a bit of hydrogen peroxide into your setup (((READ BELOW)))

In Hydroponics:

Change your nutrients. Add H2O2 to the system. This will add oxygen and chemically eat dead roots. If roots are badly rotted and can be pulled away by hand, you should cut them off. They are already dead and will only rot, causing further problems. Add a fungicide to kill any fungus that is probably present in the rotted tissue to prevent it from spreading. Increase aeration of the reservoir – add air pumps and stones. An air stone under every plant is usually very effective, but will require a larger air pump. Decrease the reservoir temperature, oxygen dissolves better in cold water and disease causing organisms reproduce slower as well. A good temperate range is 62F to 65F; anything above 70F will eventually cause a problem. It is also a good idea to remove any wilting plants from the system and put them on a separate reservoir so they don't infect plants that are still healthy.

S

smalltime99

I don't soak any grodan cubes. GO from 1.5" to 4x4 blocks....then right into 3gallon. Like I said, be careful for people trying to get you to buy every nute to the sun.

C

ca_digger

yeppers it's all about dipping into your pocket for some of these guy's i've spent my share thinking it would............Went back to G H flora series i just play with the mix :cool0041:

C

ca_digger

Hello Alien Started a second W/F with a clone i had seems to be doing well the 1/2 hr on and 1 hr off semms to working my first W/F is in it's 10th day. This forum has helped alot thanks to everyone here at THC Farmer :cool0041:

Top Bottom