First Indoor Dwc Grow, Questions About Flowering

• Thread starter croptopper11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
croptopper11

croptopper11

im running a Blue widow in 5gal dwc with fox farm hyrdo trio nutes under mars reflector96 in a 4x2x6 tent put into net pot from germination on 11-3..anyone hve any experience growing this strain? how much stretch to expect on the flip. right now ive got her topped numerous times. 20+ growing points. as of last night the plant is only 9 1/2 inches tall but bushy as hell as ive tied many of the brnches to the sides of lid. should i flip to 12/12 or stop training and topping and wait for a little more vertical growth. and is my reflector96 put out enough to get a quality yeild.. also added cple photos of the critical auto i started a week behind the blue widow. ran into some heat issues and had no hydroguard. pulled the critical fromnthe tent and stuck into solo cup to throw out. fast forward 2 weeks, forgot all about the auto and found it in window abovr kitchen sink. suprised hell out of me it was still alive and flowering. did emergency surgery and threw her into some soil and she hasnt skipped beat. its past the 60 day seed to harvest mark, interested to see how this plays..

First indoor dwc grow questions about flowering
First indoor dwc grow questions about flowering 2
First indoor dwc grow questions about flowering 3
First indoor dwc grow questions about flowering 4
First indoor dwc grow questions about flowering 5
First indoor dwc grow questions about flowering 6
5Chord

5Chord

I have never grown Blue Widow but I've grown White Widow quite a few times. There are no hard rules as to when to flower your plant. It has more to do with how much time and grow space you have. The longer you veg, the larger the yield but even a bushy Indica can get out of control after a few months of veg. I usually wait two months and your plant looks ready. You can figure it will about double in height. It looks very healthy and it sounds like you know what you're doing. Good luck with it!

croptopper11

croptopper11

I have never grown Blue Widow but I've grown White Widow quite a few times. There are no hard rules as to when to flower your plant. It has more to do with how much time and grow space you have. The longer you veg, the larger the yield but even a bushy Indica can get out of control after a few months of veg. I usually wait two months and your plant looks ready. You can figure it will about double in height. It looks very healthy and it sounds like you know what you're doing. Good luck with it!

thank you its turning out better than i was expecting considering its my first indoor and dwc grow. i decided to run these two as a test run, figuring id run into some problems and learning curve along the way. early on i got root rot in both girls, was able to take control of that using h202, i just got some hydroguard in about 2 weeks ago. just from doin this grow i dont think ill be using fox farm trio in any of my future grows. the big bloom can really mess with ur head if ur a first timer. one day i thought if ur not running at was root stain, the next root rot and back and forth. it also settles in the bottom of the buckets within the hour if ur not using a water pump. FF seems pretty potent, combined with the BW not liking heavy nutes it was a fun time smh. the BW went about 8-10 days with zero production, and think it was my tap water (ppm from tap were 170's but she didnt react well at all to it), switched to distilled and no problems ever since. today is day 60-61 of veg but just not sure about flipping yet with it only being 9+ inches tall. even if it dbles in size im looking at an 18" plant. not exactly what i had in mind lol..

5Chord

5Chord

I hear you, but you topped that girl so MANY times that she looks like a small SCROG, but it really just depends on your patients. You can veg indefinitely but once you switch the lights, you light the fuse.

I keep it very simple....I use mostly clear nutes; BC Boost, BC Grow and BC Bloom (except Gravity 10 in the last month of flower). I've used H202 for root issues with little success, but Hydroguard has saved and continues to save my grows every day.

I don't know what your expectations are, but you'd be surprised at the yield of some well pruned 18" plants.

croptopper11

croptopper11

I hear you, but you topped that grl so MANY times that she looks like a small SCROG, but it really just depends on your patients. You can veg indefinitely but once you switch the lights, you light the fuse.

I keep it very simple....I use mostly clear nutes; BC Boost, BC Grow and BC Bloom (except Gravity 10 in the last month of flower). I've used H202 for root sues with little success, but Hydroguard has saved and continues to save my grows every day.

I don't know what your expectations are, but you'd be surprised at the yield of some well pruned 18" plants.

ill be goin clear on the next grow and running a cple different strains now that i got it figured out. i have some more auto beans i might mix in. when i used the h202 i never measured out amounts honestly, just dumped a little in the bucket and when id change the res i would mix up some h20 + h202 in a deep tuberware bowl with an air stone and let the plant sit in tht until i was changing everything. hydroguard def easier and better, the amount of new white roots is crazy. i proll topped the bw 3-4 times but its seems to have alot of lateral growth and grows fast and heavy. im pruning fans off everyday damn near, and has good strong smell already, prolly shouldnt have passed on the carbon ventilation when i was gettin everything lol. its supposedly a good yeilder indoors, up to 19oz, not tht im expectin close to that wit my set up

5Chord

5Chord

ill be goin clear on the next grow and running a cple different strains now that i got it figured out. i have some more auto beans i might mix in. when i used the h202 i never measured out amounts honestly, just dumped a little in the bucket and when id change the res i would mix up some h20 + h202 in a deep tuberware bowl with an air stone and let the plant sit in tht until i was changing everything. hydroguard def easier and better, the amount of new white roots is crazy. i proll topped the bw 3-4 times but its seems to have alot of lateral growth and grows fast and heavy. im pruning fans off everyday damn near, and has good strong smell already, prolly shouldnt have passed on the carbon ventilation when i was gettin everything lol. its supposedly a good yeilder indoors, up to 19oz, not tht im expectin close to that wit my set up

At the moment I have in the bloom area, a Cheese (harvest date 1/20), Sour Bubbba (harvest date 2/16) and in the Veg tent, a White Widow (Harvest Date 3/16), a Jack Herer (harvest date 4/16) and a Blue Dream due 5/16.....Yes 5 different strains and a friend is bringing me 2 more this week from Amsterdam: Black Domina and Northern Lights#5 X Haze. Can't wait!! I try and stay away from Autos as you can't clone them, they grow too fast and tend to have mediocre harvests. If I got some free ones I'd grow them but I won't spend money on them. I also prefer Indica dominant strains as the flower times are much shorter in most cases.

The small stature of your plant could be a few things: Size of the container, over-pruning (I've been guilty of this more than once), genetics, temp of the grow area, plus a lot more. Many strains are bred to be small and bushy to accommodate restricted grow areas. I SCROG everything now; it makes the whole process so much easier from seed to harvest.

I flower in a basement bathroom that has an exhaust fan so I don't use carbon filters. I do however have several automatic Ona dispensers strategically placed around the house
20180103 104218

My best Harvest was an indoor White Widow that went 9.38 oz of manicured bud, narrowly beating out an outdoor White Widow by an 1/8th of an ounce, but they are the exceptions. Most of my monthly harvests are 4-7 oz plus manicured bud, 15-20 grams of bubble hash and a bit of kief. The best time of year is October when the indoor and outdoor are both ready :-)

croptopper11

croptopper11

At the moment I have in the bloom area, a Cheese (harvest date 1/20), Sour Bubbba (harvest date 2/16) and in the Veg tent, a White Widow (Harvest Date 3/16), a Jack Herer (harvest date 4/16) and a Blue Dream due 5/16.....Yes 5 different strains and a friend is bringing me 2 more this week from Amsterdam: Black Domina and Northern Lights#5 X Haze. Can't wait!! I try and stay away from Autos as you can't clone them, they grow too fast and tend to have mediocre harvests. If I got some free ones I'd grow them but I won't spend money on them. I also prefer Indica dominant strains as the flower times are much shorter in most cases.

The small stature of your plant could be a few things: Size of the container, over-pruning (I've been guilty of this more than once), genetics, temp of the grow area, plus a lot more. Many strains are bred to be small and bushy to accommodate restricted grow areas. I SCROG everything now; it makes the whole process so much easier from seed to harvest.

I flower in a basement bathroom that has an exhaust fan so I don't use carbon filters. I do however have several automatic Ona dispensers strategically placed around the house View attachment 768492

My best Harvest was an indoor White Widow that went 9.38 oz of manicured bud, narrowly beating out an outdoor White Widow by an 1/8th of an ounce, but they are the exceptions. Most of my monthly harvests are 4-7 oz plus manicured bud, 15-20 grams of bubble hash and a bit of kief. The best time of year is October when the indoor and outdoor are both ready :)

well damn! sounds like ur throwing a trim party often lol. until this grow ive been strictly outdoor grows and didnt put in a quarter of the time ive already invested in this dwc grow, thats been the biggest thing so far is the time invested in these babies that i didnt take into consideration before hand. trimming is a drag when none of ur buddies wanna give u a hand they just waitin for the cure to get done so they can come thru smh. i did 1 1/2 lbs this summer and didnt think id ever get done the trimming, grew 1 gsc that yielded right at an lb and 2 lemon hazes that i started late made up the other 8 oz.(cple pix below).. and to think i threw away or gave away all my trim because i had seen enough of trim that week of harvest lol.. u had a damn good indoor grow to beat out the outdoor harvest, what light set up are u running?

everthing ive read so far says the BW leans more indica with vigorous growth, short in stature and best under scrog. seeing how fast it puts on new growth idk how anyone would be able to get a quality turn out without doin some trimming at least every 3 days. i dnt get too crazy with the scissors, mainly any fans shading new growing points.

IMG 0031 1
IMG 0069
IMG 0027
IMG 0024
5Chord

5Chord

Wow that looks great! 1lb GSC? Holy crap! ...........At first I thought I had to wait 3-4 months between indoor grows until I figured out I could harvest 2 plants every 2 months by utilizing two grow spaces. Last year I realized I could harvest 1 plant every month using he same space and have been doing it ever since.

Have you ever made bubble hash? You'll never give away trim again! That plus the kief cutting tray ensures I never waste very much of the plant.

I use an 8 tube two foot T5 and a 3 bulb, 315w CFL lamp in the veg tent and 2 300w LED lamps and 1 2000w LED in the Bloom room. HID scares me!

This was my last Sour Bubba Harvest....It went 5oz manicured bud and 16grams of bubble hash
20171213 134723

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

well damn! sounds like ur throwing a trim party often lol. until this grow ive been strictly outdoor grows and didnt put in a quarter of the time ive already invested in this dwc grow, thats been the biggest thing so far is the time invested in these babies that i didnt take into consideration before hand. trimming is a drag when none of ur buddies wanna give u a hand they just waitin for the cure to get done so they can come thru smh. i did 1 1/2 lbs this summer and didnt think id ever get done the trimming, grew 1 gsc that yielded right at an lb and 2 lemon hazes that i started late made up the other 8 oz.(cple pix below).. and to think i threw away or gave away all my trim because i had seen enough of trim that week of harvest lol.. u had a damn good indoor grow to beat out the outdoor harvest, what light set up are u running?

everthing ive read so far says the BW leans more indica with vigorous growth, short in stature and best under scrog. seeing how fast it puts on new growth idk how anyone would be able to get a quality turn out without doin some trimming at least every 3 days. i dnt get too crazy with the scissors, mainly any fans shading new growing points.
Did the lizard get cooked?

croptopper11

croptopper11

lol how are Chameleons as pets?

if u know what ur doing they are awesome. definately not a first pet for someone or first exotic for tht matter..they are like ur one stoner friend, laid back chill as hell, and in no rush to do anything lol

5Chord

5Chord

lol He definitely seems chill....What are the downsides of Chameleon ownership? I've had snakes but I'm done with them.

croptopper11

croptopper11

lol He definitely seems chill....What are the downsides of Chameleon ownership? I've had snakes but I'm done with them.
they are sensitive to everything. cage set up has to be perfect, humidity,temp,lighting. they dont drink from standing water from a bowl or dish. they only drink running water off leaves n what not. ive got a dripper and mister just to cover my ass. they are solitary and cant be around or in view of any other reptiles, dogs, cats. nothing. they get stressed really easy from anything as small as new lighting or decor, up to pets and human interaction, high traffic areas of the house if thts where they are caged. cage isnt high enough off the ground? stressed! lol its alot honestly. but ive had chams for pets over 15 yrs. and it helps the one i have now goes against most of what ppl read and/or say. he likes being out of is cage, likes being handled. if i come to the cage door he is busting ass to meet me at it. i got all kinda badass pics of him on IG @obe_the_ambilobe

Top Bottom