First indoor grow! How does it look?

• Thread starter kowato12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kowato12

kowato12

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums, and I just started my first indoor grow! I have a 3x3x6 tent with one plant (autoflower), and I started it in a smaller jiffy pellet pot. Initially, I was worried about overwatering it, but noticed the soil kept drying up way too quick as a result. The stem seemed to be leaning to the side because the soil was drying up really quick, causing the root to almost come out of the top soil. So I transplanted the seedling into a bigger pot, watered the soil so it wasn't as dry, and dug a hole deep enough for the plant's stem to maintain a straight posture and not bend over anymore.

So how does it look? Any problems any of you experienced growers notice visually that I'm not noticing? Thanks ahead for your help!!!

Best,
TK

First indoor grow how does it look
First indoor grow how does it look 2
First indoor grow how does it look 3
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums, and I just started my first indoor grow! I have a 3x3x6 tent with one plant (autoflower), and I started it in a smaller jiffy pellet pot. Initially, I was worried about overwatering it, but noticed the soil kept drying up way too quick as a result. The stem seemed to be leaning to the side because the soil was drying up really quick, causing the root to almost come out of the top soil. So I transplanted the seedling into a bigger pot, watered the soil so it wasn't as dry, and dug a hole deep enough for the plant's stem to maintain a straight posture and not bend over anymore.

So how does it look? Any problems any of you experienced growers notice visually that I'm not noticing? Thanks ahead for your help!!!

Best,
TK
Welcome to the farm! Looks good to me. But you are in polar opposite universes with the pot drying out too fast. Would have been better to use a 20oz solo cup or a container similar. Just be careful not to oversaturate the roots. Plenty of information on this site and tons of VERY knowledgeable people. They won't steer you wrong.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site .
I noticed you have your plant on the tent floor ,if you could raise it up at least 10 cm and creat a air gap underneath It and some pot risers to keep the plants roots up out of run off . Aiding in drainage and better for plants health . Od .

kowato12

kowato12

Welcome to the farm! Looks good to me. But you are in polar opposite universes with the pot drying out too fast. Would have been better to use a 20oz solo cup or a container similar. Just be careful not to oversaturate the roots. Plenty of information on this site and tons of VERY knowledgeable people. They won't steer you wrong.
Appreciate the quick response! I had it in a smaller jiffy pellet, but that soil dried out so quick all the time. I was mostly worried about the stem coming out of the top soil too much. It looked like the white root was about to come out of the top soil. My guess is that the dry soil wasn't holding the stem very well. My other guess was that I didn't dig the seed deep enough initially, but who knows.

Best,
TK

kowato12

kowato12

Hi welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site .
I noticed you have your plant on the tent floor ,if you could raise it up at least 10 cm and creat a air gap underneath It and some pot risers to keep the plants roots up out of run off . Aiding in drainage and better for plants health . Od .
I'll deff look into that, thanks for the tip!

Best,
TK

Top Bottom