First Indoor Grow in 10+ Years!

• Thread starter Matchticky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Matchticky

Hello All!
Running AC Infinity 3x3 tent kit complete with the Samsung S33 Ion board, UIS 69 Pro, etc. To catch up, below is my personal journal logs to date. Coir is new to me, so I have had some downs for sure so far. hopefully the vast amount of experience growers will chime in and help a brother out every now and again. Happy Grows!

Plants:
Pineapple Kush x 2 from Royal Queen Seeds
Painkiller XL x 3 from Royal Queen Seeds

Nutrients:
Humbolts Secret kit 2

Medium:
Cana Cocoa 50L bag

~5L bag of perlite

1-2-24
Seedlings started great. One of the Pineapple Kush seeds had helmet head and lost on of the cotyledons. The other appears to be a runt. Had some worries but it seems to be pulling through. First true leaves started developing on the PXL's. Mixed 1 gallon batch at what I thought was 1/4 strength. I know I mixed the Base A and Base B at 25%. However, I did not see the additives also had some K in it, and mixed it at minimum dose listed on chart. I may be causing a nutrient toxicity on the K side. My gut tells me to flush but I only gave 5ml to 4/5 plants. I am giving the runt more time to spring back. Only time will tell. Tent environment is still giving slight trouble. Sensor and humidifier RH don't line up at all. Set to 80% humidity. Temps seem to hover around 71°F lights on. Ordered a controller plug for the heat. Hopefully that will curb the temps at night and not over heat the plants. Need to upload pics each day!

1-3-24

Plants looked great after small dose of nutrients. No deficiencies. Used same mix as day before, checked PH and found it at 6.03. PH Down to 5.89 using dropper. Took 8 drops roughly to bring it down. Removed heat matt and tote lid out of tent and place the tote inside. Gave each plant roughly 200-250ml of nutrients.

1-4-24

My fear was confirmed with slight tip burns on first true leaves. Corrected with 5.8 PH RO water, no additives. Received AC Infinity outlet controller and hooked up heater to help maintain temps. Humidifier was turned on to constantly run. Exhaust fan will take care of humidity levels.

1-5-24

Checked plants during lights off after work. Green as can be. Will continue with just PH corrected RO water only. Also need to clean humidifier and replace with RO water. Did not know the humidifier used ultrasonic to vaporize the water. Calcium is starting to build up. Need to keep this in check so that I am not getting confused with powdery mildew.

1-11
Plants have been through some ups and downs. Giving 1ml/gal of CalMag ph water. Forgot to record ppm and ph before adding calmag, but water has been consistent at 22 ppm and 5.89 ph over the past few days of checking water before refilling humidifier just to get used to a baseline after ro. With call mag added, ph is 5.91. Ppm is 88. Watered each plant with 25ml except the pineapple kush2. Some plants had very little runoff, which is good. That means the environment adjustments have been working. VPD target is .8 to 1.2 with Temps set to 71 with 2% buffer and hum set to 69% with 3% buffer. I did transplant the Pineapple Kush 2 into new coir. Doesn't look like this girl is going to make it so why not experiment with what I may be experiencing. I think I have been over watering, so I transplanted into dry coir and watered just around the plant base with 10ml of RO.

1-12

Checked plants this morning. No signs of nut burn or stress. I did need to give the PK2 water. Gave plain RO at 5.9 PH at 20 ml. I had less than a gallon left after filling humidifier so I did want to play around with PH adjusters. I think 5.9 is good enough. The other plants are showing droopy leaves. perhaps 25 ml is too much to water every couple of days? Plants are starting on their third node, so roots should be establishing well at this point. I did do a check on them carefully sliding them out of the cups. roots are white and bountiful so i do not think I have an immediate root issue, but I don't have x-ray vision to see inside the coir.
First indoor grow in 10 years 2

First indoor grow in 10 years
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hello All!
Running AC Infinity 3x3 tent kit complete with the Samsung S33 Ion board, UIS 69 Pro, etc. To catch up, below is my personal journal logs to date. Coir is new to me, so I have had some downs for sure so far. hopefully the vast amount of experience growers will chime in and help a brother out every now and again. Happy Grows!

Plants:
Pineapple Kush x 2 from Royal Queen Seeds
Painkiller XL x 3 from Royal Queen Seeds

Nutrients:
Humbolts Secret kit 2

Medium:
Cana Cocoa 50L bag

~5L bag of perlite

1-2-24
Seedlings started great. One of the Pineapple Kush seeds had helmet head and lost on of the cotyledons. The other appears to be a runt. Had some worries but it seems to be pulling through. First true leaves started developing on the PXL's. Mixed 1 gallon batch at what I thought was 1/4 strength. I know I mixed the Base A and Base B at 25%. However, I did not see the additives also had some K in it, and mixed it at minimum dose listed on chart. I may be causing a nutrient toxicity on the K side. My gut tells me to flush but I only gave 5ml to 4/5 plants. I am giving the runt more time to spring back. Only time will tell. Tent environment is still giving slight trouble. Sensor and humidifier RH don't line up at all. Set to 80% humidity. Temps seem to hover around 71°F lights on. Ordered a controller plug for the heat. Hopefully that will curb the temps at night and not over heat the plants. Need to upload pics each day!

1-3-24

Plants looked great after small dose of nutrients. No deficiencies. Used same mix as day before, checked PH and found it at 6.03. PH Down to 5.89 using dropper. Took 8 drops roughly to bring it down. Removed heat matt and tote lid out of tent and place the tote inside. Gave each plant roughly 200-250ml of nutrients.

1-4-24

My fear was confirmed with slight tip burns on first true leaves. Corrected with 5.8 PH RO water, no additives. Received AC Infinity outlet controller and hooked up heater to help maintain temps. Humidifier was turned on to constantly run. Exhaust fan will take care of humidity levels.

1-5-24

Checked plants during lights off after work. Green as can be. Will continue with just PH corrected RO water only. Also need to clean humidifier and replace with RO water. Did not know the humidifier used ultrasonic to vaporize the water. Calcium is starting to build up. Need to keep this in check so that I am not getting confused with powdery mildew.

1-11
Plants have been through some ups and downs. Giving 1ml/gal of CalMag ph water. Forgot to record ppm and ph before adding calmag, but water has been consistent at 22 ppm and 5.89 ph over the past few days of checking water before refilling humidifier just to get used to a baseline after ro. With call mag added, ph is 5.91. Ppm is 88. Watered each plant with 25ml except the pineapple kush2. Some plants had very little runoff, which is good. That means the environment adjustments have been working. VPD target is .8 to 1.2 with Temps set to 71 with 2% buffer and hum set to 69% with 3% buffer. I did transplant the Pineapple Kush 2 into new coir. Doesn't look like this girl is going to make it so why not experiment with what I may be experiencing. I think I have been over watering, so I transplanted into dry coir and watered just around the plant base with 10ml of RO.

1-12

Checked plants this morning. No signs of nut burn or stress. I did need to give the PK2 water. Gave plain RO at 5.9 PH at 20 ml. I had less than a gallon left after filling humidifier so I did want to play around with PH adjusters. I think 5.9 is good enough. The other plants are showing droopy leaves. perhaps 25 ml is too much to water every couple of days? Plants are starting on their third node, so roots should be establishing well at this point. I did do a check on them carefully sliding them out of the cups. roots are white and bountiful so i do not think I have an immediate root issue, but I don't have x-ray vision to see inside the coir.
View attachment 2100943
Look too wet to me, you are watering too often. Volume isn't typically an issue it's frequency. Wait until the cup is super light. If it get too dry and the plant falls over just tie it to a stick and water it. That should help you figure out a good frequency. That's my advice anyways, good luck

M

Matchticky

Look too wet to me, you are watering too often. Volume isn't typically an issue it's frequency. Wait until the cup is super light. If it get too dry and the plant falls over just tie it to a stick and water it. That should help you figure out a good frequency. That's my advice anyways, good luck
Thanks cannafarmer! That was my suspicion. good to know I retained a little bit over the years.

M

Matchticky

Grow update!

Week 2

1-12
Checked plants this morning. No signs of nut burn or stress. I did need to give the PK1 water. Gave plain RO at 5.9 PH. I had less than a gallon left after filling humidifier so I did want to play around with PH adjusters. I think 5.9 is good enough. The other plants are showing droopy leaves. perhaps 50 ml is too much to water every couple of days? Plants are starting on their third node, so roots should be establishing well at this point. I did do a check on them carefully sliding them out of the cups. roots are white and bountiful so i do not think I have an immediate root issue at the moment, but I don't have x-ray vision to see inside the coir.

1-13

I decided to transplant into 1 gal pots with dry medium to help wick the moisture away. I also added more perlite to the mix bringing it to roughly 80/20 to aid in drainage for the next watering. I needed to buy more perlite, so while I was out, I also bought a hygrometer just on a whim. I did my best to calibrate the ACI probe to humidity using the salt method, but I never really checked the temp cal. I put the hygrometer in the tent and let it be for about 30 minutes. Coming back to it, I nearly flew out of my pants. I was nearly 10°F higher and 10% lower than the hygrometer on the ACI 69 pro controller. Huge problem when your running exhaust for VPI range of .8 - 1.2. This makes complete sense as while transplanting, I looked at the roots that were exposed on the sides of the medium. Perfectly healthy. There still may be some damping off, worst case scenario. However after doing some quick research, I came to the conclusion that I was over heating the plants while also having a VPD way to dry for the plants to transpire. I calibrated the 69 pro to the hygrometer to within +/-2°F and +/- 3%RH. Lights off right now for the next 6 hrs. I won't know if what I have done perks these girls up. First time growing in a tent. I just hope I didn't prolong their suffering unnecessarily. I didn't plan on taking clones this round, as I have 2 other strains I want to try. I know these plants can take some accidental neglect, but certainly note for this long, and at definitely not at this stage. All in all they still look healthy, so I don't think I was too far out of bounds that they won't recover just fine.

20240113 132441
M

Matchticky

Grow Update!

1-14

DateLight Cycle On/OffWaterPH BeforePPM BeforeBase ABase BGolden TreePlant EnzymesTree TrunkFlower Stacker Sweet & StickyCalMag & IronPH AfterPH UpPH DownPH FinalPPM Final
1-14-2416/81 Gal6.14631.25ml1.25ml.25ml.25ml.5mlxx.5ml6.13x4 drops5.98189

Coir was looking dry and the pot were definitely lighter. Plant leaves felt papery/brittle. I mixed a 1/4 strength solution of the Humboldt's Secret and fed 100ml to each plant. No run off. Lights off in ~2 hrs. I also turned my light down to help with destressing. Not sure if it was warranted or not. Plants were bending to the light so may see some stretch over the next day if these girls are recovering well. Again, not a bad thing. I'll slowly bump it up from there after a couple of days.
Picture won't do it justice but I believe they are looking way more green than the night before. I'll check in with them again tonight and see if the nuts are helping or hindering.

20240114 115934
Top Bottom