First indoor grow light help plz

• Thread starter Homegrown81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Ok everyone, I FINALLY finished building my grow closet! Pics of the process I'll post in the appropriate forum, but my question is about my light. My grow closet is 2'x2'x8', it's a 1200w led with an ACTUAL draw of 225w. May change up light in future but starting out Plus budget and size of room (led) me to this light. I'm just totally lost on par/umol/lux, basically idk what distance I should be setting the light for seedling/veg/flower. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Attached is a photo of the closet and the par sheet? for the light. Thanks in advance!
First indoor grow light help plz
First indoor grow light help plz 2

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

That is a lot of lumens for such a tight spot, you will have to be careful of light burn, a 4×4 tent is supposed to be ideal for a 600w led even though the light is not pushing 600 true watts, it's the amount of lumens the light is throwing, for sprouts i back my 600w light to 35inc, once there seedlings i drop the light to 25inc above canopy, in flower i have a bloom booster i leave it 14inc above canopy, as stated your throwing allot of lumens so your gonna have to play around a bit, remember you want your seedlings reaching up to the light not shying away from it or bleaching out or burning, good luck.

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

That is a lot of lumens for such a tight spot, you will have to be careful of light burn, a 4×4 tent is supposed to be ideal for a 600w led even though the light is not pushing 600 true watts, it's the amount of lumens the light is throwing, for sprouts i back my 600w light to 35inc, once there seedlings i drop the light to 25inc above canopy, in flower i have a bloom booster i leave it 14inc above canopy, as stated your throwing allot of lumens so your gonna have to play around a bit, remember you want your seedlings reaching up to the light not shying away from it or bleaching out or burning, good luck.
Thanks I was kinda worried about that too but the actual wattage was so low in comparison I thought I'd need it. Just going to do as you said I guess and play around with it and if it's just wants to damage/kill the plants continuously I'll have to switch to a lower wattage light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom