First Indoor Grow Need Advice

• Thread starter Leebone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Leebone

This is my first indoor grow and the ladies are coming up to the end of their 4th week.
I just dont understand why one is so much smaller than the other.
Its only a few days behind, they were germed seeds put in soil on the same day one started outside as there was another in the grow box which i lost as it decided to grow down instead of up towards the light??? So i brought this one from outside in a few days later.
Its very small compared to the other but the steam in the middle is almost as thick as the bigger one.
I will put a picture so you can see but why is it so much smaller. A leaf span on one of the big leaves is almost as tall as the small one.
I topped the small one about a week ago hoping the push for more growth would kick it into gear but its just slowed it right down now.
The small one also streached when i put it in and still has a thin steam at the bottom if it didn't it would be alot smaller. Has something maybe stunted the growth.
I have pallets of 40% nitrogen and still trying to get the mixture right its quite strong.
Anyone got any ideas to get this baby going?

First indoor grow need advice
First indoor grow need advice 2
First indoor grow need advice 3
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Too much feeding, stop giving it fertilizer. Sprinkle a tablespoon of epsom salts on top of the soil and water it untill water runs out of the bottom of the pot heavily. Let it drain and return it to the light and wait for the dirt to dry out before watering it again. If they were from seeds then the smaller one is most likely just a different pheno. If you sprout three seeds from the same plant you might get three totally different looking plants. Your smaller one has some severe deficiency or toxicity, not sure what but my best advise is to flush.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Copy image url, click the little mountain pic next to the smiley face button and insert url.

L

Leebone

Maybe manganese def

CannabisPoster4000.jpg
Looking at this it is either a lack of chlorine or potassium.
I thought chlorine was bad for plants? I've been reading to leave water out so the chlorine evaporates?
I started giving them a bit of potassium last week. I only feed once a week but I didn't think a veging plant need potassium until it was about to start flowering?.
The soil and what has been given to both plants are exactly the same.
So you suggest a flush? Then what less nitrogen? Because according to the chart its not showing signs of a lack in nitrogen and thats all they have really had.

H

hawkman

Looking at this it is either a lack of chlorine or potassium.
I thought chlorine was bad for plants? I've been reading to leave water out so the chlorine evaporates?
I started giving them a bit of potassium last week. I only feed once a week but I didn't think a veging plant need potassium until it was about to start flowering?.
The soil and what has been given to both plants are exactly the same.
So you suggest a flush? Then what less nitrogen? Because according to the chart its not showing signs of a lack in nitrogen and thats all they have really had.
Remember flush the plant 3x's container size over a 2 week period (textbook) water for 3-4 days (flush) this will ensure health growth

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Topping the smaller plant was the worst thing to do if you wanted to see it catch up with the other one, once you top it takes time for the plant to re-structure and begin new growth. And it looks like it needs to be fed.

K

KNK01

have you pulled it out of the pot to check the roots? plants outdoors tend to develop their roots faster than plants indoors.

L

Leebone

Yes - but never leave standing water in contanier
I aways drain all the water away before putting it back in the box. The box even has a drainage system to drain away any excess water.
How much water would you put through it at a time or does it not matter as long as it is drained?
I put 8 litres through the big one yesterday, the first 4 came out a little brown then the water was clear on the next 4 so there must have been a bit of nut build up.
I'm new to this whole growning thing and not quite understand this whole feeding process. I'd always been told to water the plants everyday.

H

hawkman

I aways drain all the water away before putting it back in the box. The box even has a drainage system to drain away any excess water.
How much water would you put through it at a time or does it not matter as long as it is drained?
I put 8 litres through the big one yesterday, the first 4 came out a little brown then the water was clear on the next 4 so there must have been a bit of nut build up.
I'm new to this whole growning thing and not quite understand this whole feeding process. I'd always been told to water the plants everyday.
Green House Seeds let their plant go with-out water for 1 week - that is too much time for me - but letting them dry for 3 days and then feed them you will see them explode with growth (go the GHS's site a click on video's on strain grows -there they tell you of the "letting them go dry" ) Don't flood your plant - just water them and do it over a specific time period Hope this helps

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

The only way I'd ever water every day is if they were dry every day and once they reach that point it's time for an up-pot, (unless of course they're in they're final containers). I ALWAYS let my plants dry out a bit before watering, they like it.

J

Joker9k

Are you using RO water if not tap water can be pretty harsh an places you dont know where.my tap ph's at around 8.0 which isnt optimum ph and a solid 250 on Total Dissolved Solids.check out my setup tho currently day 25 flower

Top Bottom