First Indoor Grow... Some Pistols Turning Red And Plant Is Yellowing A Bit

• Thread starter tobefair83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tobefair83

Salutations... hoping someone out there can give me some hints or help....

I have read a lot, first time poster.... have grown outdoors for 2 years with no issues, moved indoors as I live in Canada and outdoor growing time is limited due to weather constraints + soon legalization.

- Plants are white widow
- Using 2 LED Platinums 600 watts
- All organic soil and fertilizer (bat guano, worm castings, bone meal, fish meal)
- Have fed some organic molasses from time to time
- 4 weeks in flower stage, veg was about 45 days
- temps have been 62/64 (lights out) 74-76 (lights on)... mind you temp reading is from the floor so the plants being taller are likely warmer than that

I am a person who likes to do things for themselves, so I tried my best to identify the problem 2 weeks ago (the yellow and rust on the leaves, dry/crispy leaves) came to conclusion that perhaps it was lack of calcium or magnesium, so fed calmag and plants responded well initially. The problem plants went green and I thought I was good.

Fast forward 2 weeks (today) and some are getting yellow again and looks like whatever is ailing them is spreading and than noticed today that pistols on one plant are turning red.

Not sure what is up but would love some assistance/suggestions.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

First indoor grow some pistols turning red and plant is yellowing a bit
First indoor grow some pistols turning red and plant is yellowing a bit 2
First indoor grow some pistols turning red and plant is yellowing a bit 3
First indoor grow some pistols turning red and plant is yellowing a bit 4
First indoor grow some pistols turning red and plant is yellowing a bit 5
madgrower

madgrower

I have read a lot, first time poster.... have grown outdoors for 2 years with no issues, moved indoors as I live in Canada and outdoor growing time is limited due to weather constraints + soon legalization.

- Plants are white widow
- All organic soil and fertilizer (bat guano, worm castings, bone meal, fish meal)
- temps have been 62/64 (lights out) 74-76 (lights on)... mind you temp reading is from the floor so the plants being taller are likely warmer than that

I am a person who likes to do things for themselves, so I tried my best to identify the problem 2 weeks ago (the yellow and rust on the leaves, dry/crispy leaves) came to conclusion that perhaps it was lack of calcium or magnesium, so fed calmag and plants responded well initially. The problem plants went green and I thought I was good.

Fast forward 2 weeks (today) and some are getting yellow again and looks like whatever is ailing them is spreading and than noticed today that pistols on one plant are turning red.

- Plants are white widow

I'd say she is almost ripe and the excess leaves are turning color .trim off the yellow leaves and don't make to much fuss because that should soon be done and you will soon have to flush

T

tobefair83

It's only 4 weeks into flowering, they can't be ready yet... can they?

DGP

DGP

I am struggling with a very similar issue but IMHO they arent ready. Some close up shots of the trichomes would help. Do you have a jewellers loupe or a usb microsope so you can start checking the color of the trichs? Check and see if the trichs are milky or clear. Are any turning amber?

Dee

P

PassTheJ

Sir.. Your plants are exhibiting early signs of over or under nutrition. Im not 100% sure but at week 5 flower, it most likely is.

These are symptoms of an on going problem that's finally beginning to rear its ugly head. This late in stage is around the time you see problems from long ago begin to show. Your plant eat 5x more now so any nutrient issue will be exponentially amplified.

Different nutrients dissipate and build up in your medium at different rates. So even a small case of ph lock over time might cause this. Making your own organic soil from scratch is also tricky. Improper ratio of organic nutrients combined with organic fertilizer can cause this problem..

It's one of those problems you don't want to get... Anything that arises late stage from an ongoing issue is really hard to solve due to your plants end stage metabolism. It's too fast and hungry to have any trial and error..

Solution? Stick to water feed only for about a week. You have atleast 4 weeks left. Probably 5. You don't know if there's too much or too little so instead of flushing this early, let the plant consume itself a bit. I don't know much about organic fertilizers but I'd get my hands on a nutrition guide for the company you use and run whatever it says for that week of flowering.

Most likely, you wont fix this issue. At best, you'll be 2 steps behind but your plant should still make it to the end or close to the end. Just stabilize it first..

Top Bottom