• Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
@NewGrower77

Found You.

i found it
okay ty. Is it alright if my stem is curving a little? i can send a pic if you need.
Also when in grow doing regular seeds, if i get males do i throw them out? (Like how do i tell)

Yes, it is perfectly normal. What I do is take pipe cleaners (my favorite grow tool as you will see) create a little crook using a pencil and then bend it 90 degrees. Take the long end and stick it in the media and rest it against the crook. Check it each day and relocate the crook as needed depending on which direction is providing the strongest light.

Good Luck & Happy Growing 🍻 😎

NewGrower77

NewGrower77

Hey brothas, it been a minute since I posted so I will update ya. I really got only 2 questions that im confused about.

1) Is it alright if there is some greenish (looks like moss) on the top of the rockwool and is it harmful to the plants?
2) Also one of my ladies stems are starting to turn red, is this okay and if not how should I fix it?

Please lmk what you think about the questions and how the plants grow.
Thanks,
NewGrower77

2020 06 15 124605 1
IMG 5208
IMG 5209
IMG 5210
IMG 5211
IMG 5212
IMG 5216
IMG 5217
IMG 5218 1
IMG 5218
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey brothas, it been a minute since I posted so I will update ya. I really got only 2 questions that im confused about.

1) Is it alright if there is some greenish (looks like moss) on the top of the rockwool and is it harmful to the plants?
2) Also one of my ladies stems are starting to turn red, is this okay and if not how should I fix it?

Please lmk what you think about the questions and how the plants grow.
Thanks,
NewGrower77
Algae.. from light. As the plants grow they will shade the rockwool and it won't happen as much. Some use covers to prevent this. I don't see it as an overly big issue but algae generally like nitrogen, phosphates and silicates, I don't see it being an issue more than a nuisance since you fertagate enough that nutrients should not at all be impacted.

@Dirtbag or @cemchris could probably tell you what to use.

NewGrower77

NewGrower77

I dont know if it matters but i always water/feed on the lower half of the rw so roots can grow. Dont know if it can still eat nuts at the top?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

But it’s eating the food that your plant should get all of . ? Od
Shouldn't impact nutes at all. I used to use algae scrubbers in my tanks to keep nitrogen below 5ppm. typically water changes were needed weekly to keep my discus tanks below 20ppm on a 50gal tank a 1' square sheet of algae would keep ppm below 5 and most times 0. The ppm if not used would rise like 2-3ppm a day from food and fish waste. So IMO its not an issue

NewGrower77

NewGrower77

so they only show during fliower? can i remove them before they pollinate the fems?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so they only show during fliower? can i remove them before they pollinate the fems?
Absolutely. Just watch for the signs of male and remove them before they crack there nuts.

You can sometimes tell by preflower but not always.

NewGrower77

NewGrower77

okay and i have 4 fems and wanna have 6 plants grow. you think do 4 regs or just 2? And they are a good size to start topping right?

IMG 5210
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom