First Indoor photo, when to veg?

• Thread starter Alpaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alpaca

Alpaca

Decided to try a photo for a larger yield. I have a very big 100 liter pot to fill. She's currently in week 4 I believe, when would you guys recommend to start flowering?
Her growth has been very explosive so I want to get the timing right, can't have her over 70cm tall preferably

IMG_20201006_104154.jpg

Last edited:
CF89

CF89

2’ of stretch?

2.5x the size I’ve also read? Mine maybe got 25% bigger when I flipped to flower 🤷‍♀️

growsince79

growsince79

You pot is way too big for indoor. If you water to runoff ( as you always should), bugs and disease will take over before the soil can dry.

Alpaca

Alpaca

You pot is way too big for indoor. If you water to runoff ( as you always should), bugs and disease will take over before the soil can dry.

I don't water to runoff, I find mopping up the water to be a pain and I dont like soggy soil. Why would this be a thing I should do? I found that watering untill runoff causes hordes of nats to swarm my plants. Is the upside big enough to make it worth? I assume its to get rid of salt buildup in the soil right?

growsince79

growsince79

I don't water to runoff, I find mopping up the water to be a pain and I dont like soggy soil. Why would this be a thing I should do? I found that watering untill runoff causes hordes of nats to swarm my plants. Is the upside big enough to make it worth? I assume its to get rid of salt buildup in the soil right?
If you don't water to runoff you get dry pockets and wet pockets which is unhealthy for roots. If you use the right size pot and water to runoff you won't get bugs and your roots stay healthy.

chemistry

chemistry

2’ of stretch?

2.5x the size I’ve also read? Mine maybe got 25% bigger when I flipped to flower 🤷‍♀️

I've just flowered a 3 weeks only of veg Sticky Fingers, and it made 3ft, that's 90cm.

CF89

CF89

Interesting. I veg for two months and when I flipped to flower they didn’t seem to get all that much bigger. Not 2’ or 2x the size that’s for sure.

growsince79

growsince79

Interesting. I veg for two months and when I flipped to flower they didn’t seem to get all that much bigger. Not 2’ or 2x the size that’s for sure.
It all depends on genetics. A Colombian grown 12-12 from seed can get 8 -10 foot tall.

Alpaca

Alpaca

Hey guys,

Thanks for the useful insights, I appreciate all of them. I flipped her a few days ago and she's looking great.
IMG 20201013 173432

Top Bottom