First Led Grow

• Thread starter blackdust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blackdust

blackdust

Hey guys,

I'm starting my first grow and I would like to welcome everybody's thoughts on my setup. The goal is simple, to grow top shelf cannabis that is for personal use.

The set-up
2 x 4 x 5 tent
4 inch kleen air carbon filter (rated for a 6 x 6 x 6 room)
4 inch inline exhaust blower with adjustable speed control, 190 cfm
2, 1 x 1 foot 420 W full spectrum grow lights (actual watts 180 - 350)

on-hand supplies
PH up and down
Tiger bloom liquid
CaMg+
Epsom salt
Cloning gel, propagation trays, and rockwhool cubes
perlite
fine vermiculite
Fox Farm Ocean Soil
Crushed sea shells
Jiffy mix seedling soil

Genetics
10 Hindu Kush seeds
1 feminized blue cheese seed

Where I am now
I am just waiting on getting some course sand and vermiculite and than I will start 4 Hindu Kush seeds in solo cups. I'm still learning everything lol I should have the inline fan in a few days too First led grow First led grow 2 First led grow 3 First led grow 4

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

You should start your seeds on cfl lights that are far away from the sprouts. If you start them under both those lights they will grow up too fast and be spindly and likely fall over. Those leds also likely have infra red leds in the mix and will burn young seedlings. Just made that same mistake, good luck!

Redneckg33k

Redneckg33k

I sprout directly under a full spectrum led, keep it just over 2 feet away and your golden, it makes super short compact seedlings, if they seem like they r growing slow back the light off 6 inches

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I sprout directly under a full spectrum led, keep it just over 2 feet away and your golden, it makes super short compact seedlings, if they seem like they r growing slow back the light off 6 inches

I tend to agree with you here. It's all about finding the sweet spot with any light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom