First LED light for my new hobby

• Thread starter Severance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Severance

Severance

Hello Farmers, my 2 grow spaces are one above the other, in a 2m tall cupboard. This is my first foray into indoor growing, built it in February. Started with T5 flouro's, 6 tube and 2 tube. Internally, grow space width is 700mm (2.3'), depth is 500mm (1.65') . Height of one is 1.2m (3.9') and the other is 760mm (2.5').

I'm now saving my spare groats toward an LED light, for the lower 1.2m height cupboard.

First led light for my new hobby 4

First led light for my new hobby 5

I have 3 lights on the short list.

First led light for my new hobby

First led light for my new hobby 2

First led light for my new hobby 3

I'm leaning toward the 130w Migro Aray 2 Pro for 2 reasons - the low (6" - 150mm) recommended hang height for my limited space, and ease of hanging an Agromax UV 2' T5 above it, instead of to one side as the others would require. The Aray also costs less.

The other 2 lights are both 600mm long, 200w and 400w with LM301B and Osram red, with dimmer.

The 200w is 240mm wide and recommended hang height is 14" to 18" (350 to 450mm) and is only slightly more expensive than the Aray.
The 400w fits in the space, just, and hang height would not be dictated by spread. It's almost twice the price of the Aray.

My question is, is that 400w light too much for the space? Am I being silly considering that? Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I always put all my hardware, wires, and anything but a fan and the lights outside the tent. It sits on top actually. That way I have more grow room inside.
I think the lights you have are fine for the size of your cabinet.
Because your grow is so crazy small, you will need to train them very harshly or you wont have room to bud.

Severance

Severance

I always put all my hardware, wires, and anything but a fan and the lights outside the tent. It sits on top actually. That way I have more grow room inside.
I think the lights you have are fine for the size of your cabinet.
Because your grow is so crazy small, you will need to train them very harshly or you wont have room to bud.
Thanks for the input CN.

I've only grown outdoors before, and where I live really good clones/seeds are hard to get. When I got lucky and was given a few good fem seeds, I built the box just to keep a couple moms in, and make a dozen clones once a year to grow outdoors. Worth it to be sure I have quality plants each year.

Recently, my first ever attempts at cloning over a couple of months resulted in 13 clones of varying size. It's winter here, and I wasn't about to throw them away, so now I have 13 wee girls at day 32 in my small space. It's ok to laugh 🤣

First indoor flowering for me, and it's sparked my interest in indoor growing. I'll be more sensible next time, and grow 2.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
That worked 👍 Migro ordered, thanks for your help!
You're welcome man :-)
If you haven't already done so, look up Shane Migro on YouTube, that's the owner of Migro doing reviews/testing all sorts of lights.

Habosabin

Habosabin

This is a cool little setup.do you keep mothers and go straight to flower with pertual?

Severance

Severance

This is a cool little setup.do you keep mothers and go straight to flower with pertual?
Just started this about 5 months ago, so I'm not really sure yet lol. Kinda making it up/learning as i go along.

The idea was make a box to maintain a couple of moms, with a space for rooting clones, for outdoor grows each summer. Now I'm getting fascinated with growing buds in there.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Just started this about 5 months ago, so I'm not really sure yet lol. Kinda making it up/learning as i go along.

The idea was make a box to maintain a couple of moms, with a space for rooting clones, for outdoor grows each summer. Now I'm getting fascinated with growing buds in there.
You could get bud all year round doing a perpetual and then use clones for summer too.

Severance

Severance

You could get bud all year round doing a perpetual and then use clones for summer too.
Yessir, I've actually just got these 2 clones going, to put in when this first lot comes out. Looking forward to training these 2, and get the canopy more level next time 😏

DSC03053

Top Bottom