• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Platinum Kush Breath Remix from In House Genetics

Mind Flasher from Solfire gardens

Crescendo x Grampas Stash from Ethos

I'm very excited about this grow. I've had a handful of successful grows using bottled nutrients and soil, but I've researched and learned and gotten some help from KiS organics and put together a "living soil".

The seedlings did great. They've been in veg for a couple weeks and are getting transplanted to the 2x4 bed this weekend. They should've already been in there but I've been busy.

I germinated in the soil, for the first time. I usually use paper towels. What was crazy was in 3 days time they germinated and stretched 2-3 inches to the top on the baggie I had over the pots. I've never had a seed germinate that fast. I had to transplant and bury the stems bc they got so long.

Here's the progress so far. Feel free to comment or give advice.

First living soil grow another word
First living soil grow another word 2
First living soil grow another word 3
First living soil grow another word 4
First living soil grow another word 5
First living soil grow another word 6
First living soil grow another word 7

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

What are you using for soil? Did you buy something like sohum or did you make the soil yourself? If so did you add any mycos?
1/3 compost, aeration and peat. I got that mix tested at Logan's lab and then amended from there. I sprinkle the roots with myco when I transplant. About to go do just that right now.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Looks like it’s working! I think you’ll like the result! I reamend during winter and reuse. Up to well over 300 gallons now. It’s not economically feasible to do it. Any other way. And the results are great! So far just recharge and water. You’re looking good! You’ll love it once you get it dialed in.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Transplant went well. The roots looked good, but I don't like when they grow around this much and I have to rip them apart. The plants don't seem to like it much either.

I'm using Microbial Mass and a trichoderma product. Also I don't know if you guys have heard of this but Harpin protein is supposed to be very good for resin and trich production. I don't know a lot, but basically it's supposed to mimic pest pressure. You can also use insect frass for the same result. But the plant thinks it's being attacked by pests so it increases its defense mechanism, which is resin and trichomes. I heard about it on podcast and looked into it a little and I felt like it was worth a try.

Here's pics of the transplant.

20230723 141128
20230723 141156
20230723 141754
20230723 142304
20230723 144311
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Looking good, Perrin! Nice tent. I’ve heard the same about insect frass. a try later on. I think a lot of people might give you grief on planting three plants in the same container. I’ve planted two in 40 gallon pots and one did seem to dominate. But I wasn’t really unhappy with the results. But three might get a little crowded! Lol! Did you ever consider putting dividers between the plants? Or did you think that would cramp there route freedom a little too much. Keep us posted. Good job!

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Looking good, Perrin! Nice tent. I’ve heard the same about insect frass. a try later on. I think a lot of people might give you grief on planting three plants in the same container. I’ve planted two in 40 gallon pots and one did seem to dominate. But I wasn’t really unhappy with the results. But three might get a little crowded! Lol! Did you ever consider putting dividers between the plants? Or did you think that would cramp there route freedom a little too much. Keep us posted. Good job!
I never have consider that until now. It's worth thinking about for sure. Now that you bring up crowding I'm getting a little nervous. I still have to do a little training on these guys. At least bend them over. I wanted to put a trellis net up because every time I don't use one I get branches falling everywhere and I regret it. I think I may flip to 12/12 sooner than I was thinking. I don't want them to get to big, I've dealt with that and it's a nightmare. I've waited a bit too long for training I know, and now that their freshly transplanted I don't want to mess with them just yet. Tomorrow I'll start bending them over.

Do you think I should flip to 12/12 soon?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t know. I don’t grow indoors. Mother nature flips them for me! But somebody will weigh in! Looking good!

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

naw don’t flip yet. Add the canopy attachment to your bed. Start filling the canopy screen.
Thank you, bro I am going to take that advice. I didn't want to flip now I was just worried they were gonna end up getting too big for the bed.
And I am going to set up that canopy attachment as well.

socks4free

socks4free

Thank you, bro I am going to take that advice. I didn't want to flip now I was just worried they were gonna end up getting too big for the bed.
And I am going to set up that canopy attachment as well.
Worst case scenario if they get too tall you can supercrop them to make more room.

Also topping is another solution to avoid the plants getting too tall

Choppr

Choppr

1st Grow Living soil? My best advice is repot the middle plant to a 5 gal Fabric pot, all 3 should be topped immediately (if not already) You have no use for trellis/scrog, (because you have no side/lateral branching) you have to create lateral/side branching by topping/training. You are weeks away from flipping to 12/12. Please take no offense, but It doesn't seem like you've done much research? No Worries Trial by Fire is a way to learn but it costs more money, stress and time, time is something you never get back.... good luck M8

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

It's been a minute since I've updated.

Things are going well. I've not fed, but I've used microbial mass once and harpin protein once, in the past 2 weeks.

The blumats have finally come on and are irrigating well. The meter has been reading 122 for the past few days. I'm very excited about that bc I had been having issues with them. I purchased them from Kis organics and they helped with the set up and troubleshooting, and we got them going.

I switched to 12/12 last night. I bought the pvc I need to set up the trellis net. I'll do that this weekend. I'm not unhappy with how trainings going, but I do really wish i didn't plant the first plant in the middle of its spot. When i bent it down it was off center and it bothers me a little. Next run I'm going to top but just hold the branches down to break apical dominance and not bend it down.

Here's some pics

20230807 195354
20230807 195357
20230807 195402
20230807 195406

Latest posts

Top Bottom