First mpb setup 9.5' x 24' room

• Thread starter blahman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blahman

This will be my first mpb setup. This will also be ongoing for a while :P. I have a current grow in the space I will be using so that has to finish up first. I currently have 10 x 1000w's can always pickup a couple more. But how many plants would grow comfortable in my room size 9.5'x24'. I was thinking 10-11 plants.

How about this layout for 10 lights, 11 plants?
XoXoXoX
oXoXoXo
XoXoXoX

Gear I have,

-5 x 6" cooltubes

-3 vortex 6"

-1 vortex 10"

-13 000 btu portable a/c

-2 x 110L per min air pumps

resizer.php

-Little giant 1/6 hp 1200gph pump

-cap extreme greenhouse controller XGC-1e (with the co2 fuzzy logic)

I'm not sure if the air or water pumps will work. They might not be powerful enough. But thats why i'm posting here to see what you guys think.

I'm definately going to have to get some new cooling. Even though i'm legal I don't really want to hire someone to install a split system for me. Might as well put a sign up saying take my weed!! lol. I read that you can install them yourself but how difficult is it?

O

OregonMeds

You're good except for cooling, there's a thread here on how to install the split a/c's yourself.

Y

YoungDro

10 plants

im doin a 10 plant setup- its best like this i think

X plant 0 Light

X 0 X 0 X
0 X 0 X 0
X 0 X 0 X
0 X 0 X 0

that ways its even

a 3.5 ton A/C for 10 bare bulbs.

40K btus & Cap Gen Propane co2 anyone think these co2 burners are worth getting or should I go with blu-ox-will they work is what im sayin

B

blahman

im doin a 10 plant setup- its best like this i think

X plant 0 Light

X 0 X 0 X
0 X 0 X 0
X 0 X 0 X
0 X 0 X 0

that ways its even

a 3.5 ton A/C for 10 bare bulbs.

40K btus & Cap Gen Propane co2 anyone think these co2 burners are worth getting or should I go with blu-ox-will they work is what im sayin

I don't have a square room though, 9.5 x 24. Thats why I have it that way, longer. Would be nice if had a square room more plants would get 3 lights on them.

N

noone88

Don't get the Little Giant sump pumps. They are for sump-purposes and pull more wattage (like 5x as much) as well as tons of heat.

Danner supreme mag drive pumps are what most of us are using. Low wattage and move tons of water. If I remember right, my 1800 gph only did 110 watts on my Kill-a-watt.

B

blahman

Don't get the Little Giant sump pumps. They are for sump-purposes and pull more wattage (like 5x as much) as well as tons of heat.

Danner supreme mag drive pumps are what most of us are using. Low wattage and move tons of water. If I remember right, my 1800 gph only did 110 watts on my Kill-a-watt.

Oh... thanks for the heads up. I'll compare the wattage between the pumps.

B

blahman

A couple ideas. How many lights can you swing?
:icon_spin:

I'm going to have 4 tons of cooling, 2 seperate 2 ton units. That would be 12 lights correct? I also have 5 cooltubes. Would it possible to squeeze out a couple more lights when using cool tubes?

N

noone88

re: cooltubes, not worth the hassle. You can only run them at the corners. You'll probably need one 6" fan per cooltube since ducting one or two fans for all 4 corners will be a nightmare.

If you're using LP, you'll be exhausting some CO2 as well.

B

blahman

re: cooltubes, not worth the hassle. You can only run them at the corners. You'll probably need one 6" fan per cooltube since ducting one or two fans for all 4 corners will be a nightmare.

If you're using LP, you'll be exhausting some CO2 as well.

I imagine i'll have 2-3 unused 6" vortex's though.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

View attachment 84685
Blahman, Think this is what you had asked for in your 1st post 10 lights 11 plants 40" spacing?

As far as the cooltubes go, pulling a number out of my arse, 5% loss of light, but big cooling savings if you have got some cool air to push or pull through the fixtures. In So Cal I think the summers are too hot to use outside air to cool lights. You could use icebox's on each light, but then you got air duct and chilled water lines going to each light. Would rather run water cooled lights like COXIE.

B

blahman

Blahman, Think this is what you had asked for in your 1st post 10 lights 11 plants 40" spacing?

As far as the cooltubes go, pulling a number out of my arse, 5% loss of light, but big cooling savings if you have got some cool air to push or pull through the fixtures. In So Cal I think the summers are too hot to use outside air to cool lights. You could use icebox's on each light, but then you got air duct and chilled water lines going to each light. Would rather run water cooled lights like COXIE.

Looks good, thats exactly what I was going for. I think i'll aim for 10 lights and try adding a few later.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Great job Widowmaker. You are the man! Can you do a custom setup for me for a 12 plant, 15-20 light setup? I have to keep within my limit but want to maximize the light. Thanks for any suggestion. My area would be approximately 20x20.

See

B

blahman

Just installed one 2 ton napolean split ac unit. I got two units for $3200 taxes in. I've only installed one for the time being to see how it works out. Wasn' t that bad to install. The outdoor unit came pre-charged for the length of copper pipe that was included. I borrowed a vacuum pump from a relative that worked great after buying an adapter to fit the new 410a fittings.

Y

YoungDro

ya good advice the 1800gph mag drive pumps are $180.00, does 5 buckets...so for 10 buckets u would need 3600gph. which cost $225...thats a steal DANNER pumps! 45 buckets more, thats saving $105 dollas!

Top Bottom