• Start date
  • Tagged users None
stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

20200802 155137
20200802 155133
20200802 155200
20200802 155210

The stalks are gwtting thicker about they are becoming much stronger. I turned the lights up a little more to 11.5k

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

It was just that leaf that got burnt a little. Did not cause issues anywhere else. I'm not really sure what caused it. I have it at about 11k right now. I will probably increase the light a little more today

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That does not look like light burn to me. You have not added any fertilizer at all? Looks like a big droplet on a leaf. Either chemical or the droplet focused the light like a magnifying glass with the sun.

With light burn you will see a gradual bleaching at the top. The plant will taco its leaves and point them up. It's different.

Unless you mean literally touching the bulb and burning that way. But I doubt it.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Man @growsince79 and @stl_rock_guy plants are looking like they are off to a great start.

I think that spot that your talking about light burn may have been some spill or nutrient drip. As @Milson pointed out a drop of nutrients or even water on the leaf in the light is what it looks like to me.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

I have not added any fertilizer yet. The first week I did get water on the plants. I was told not to get any water droplets on the plants. I have made sure not to get any water on the leaves since then

Last edited:
stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

These are pictures i just took. I have my lights around 11.5k and my lights are 2ft from the top of the biggest plant. I am getting more spotting on that plant and the smaller ones leaves are curling any suggestions
20200808 050903
20200808 050937
20200808 050954
20200808 051001
20200808 051014

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Give them nitrogen. Just like a half dose of a basic grow nute. Those babies are ready to grow pretty fast. Once they have nutes, they will love more light.

Also, try to keep the coco wet. You basically can't drown them right now. That's the magic of coco.

You have nursed them through their early stage. 🙂 Time to get on the veg growth highway.

Last edited:
stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Ive
Give them nitrogen. Just like a half dose of a basic grow nute. Those babies are ready to grow pretty fast. Once they have nutes, they will love more light.

Also, try to keep the coco wet. You basically can't drown them right now. That's the magic of coco.

You have nursed them through their early stage. 🙂 Time to get on the veg growth highway.
I've only been giving them a little water each day. When i water tomorrow i will give them a little fertilizer.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
EDITED BECAUSE I MISUNDERSTOOD MEDIUM.

I think you want to get them nutes. That can be via capillary action from watering (you definitely want to get the medium fully wet, not just a little) or added nutes into what you already have in the coco loco (which is coco, perlite, lime, and organic nutes).

Others may disagree.

Orig Post:

So the awesome thing about coco is you don't have to baby them with water now. You actually want to drench the medium and get runoff every time. The sweet thing about coco vs soil is the way the root fibers are structured means even when saturated they provide enough oxygen for the roots. The bad thing is coco has no nutes itself.

Basically, your babies are low on vitamins 😔 but once they get them they will process their food (light) much better and will get really hungry for more light 😎😁😎😁.

www.cocoforcannabis.com is a really awesome site for info on coco coir.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

So the awesome thing about coco is you don't have to baby them with water now. You actually want to drench the medium and get runoff every time. The sweet thing about coco vs soil is the way the root fibers are structured means even when saturated they provide enough oxygen for the roots. The bad thing is coco has no nutes itself.

Basically, your babies are low on vitamins 😔 but once they get them they will process their food (light) much better and will get really hungry for more light 😎😁😎😁.

www.cocoforcannabis.com is a really awesome site for info on coco coir.
Cocoloco is not straight coco. No need to feed for weeks. Water as you would soil.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I just fed my first dose of nutrients after 19 days in cocoloco. Plants took well to it. I noticed the nutrients depleting faster than everyone says especially with added perlite. Good luck

growsince79

growsince79

I just transplanted after 2 weeks. I won;t start feeding for another 2 weeks at least. I water to runoff and let dry as you would soil.

IMG 20200808 095216445
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
What could be happening is because you are watering so little, you are not getting capillary action through the medium and so the little part you have been getting wet is already depleted of its nutes.

I say just try drenching it once to runoff if you have not done that in a while. Additional nutes totally optional but prob not needed if what I suspect is right.

Top Bottom