First Oil Rig?

• Thread starter ogplatinum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Just wanna know what you guys on here that are smokin' oils on the daily are using. What was your first direct oil rig solely for the use of smoking concentrates? Im looking into this from aqua lab

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/green-goddess-glass-clear-mini-vapor-bubbler.html

And getting an 18mm ti nail with it as well.

Anyone have exp with that piece from Aqua? Looks like a good piece for the price, and its got good reviews? Maybe a lil small? Lemme know what you guys think, and while your at it dont be afraid to throw up some shots of your daily oil smokin' machines!

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

ive used something similar, they do the job... i copped me a double micro for errl just recently but ive always just used a bong. i started with a hash style bowl with a wand(super messy with bho) and moved to curves and now globes are my choice. ti nails are the shizz especially on a cold winters morning as ive shattered more than a few glass ones on a wake n bake... i also noticed smaller pieces work better stepping down each time to a smaller and smaller tube. ive used these direct inject ones recently and a few different bubbler type ones being made now a days and im still partial to my micro. ive been told the double macros are the shizz but im yet to try one. im done lookin till i can find a peyote perc and then just artsy stuff

IMAG03891122193777.jpg

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

ive used something similar, they do the job... i copped me a double micro for errl just recently but ive always just used a bong. i started with a hash style bowl with a wand(super messy with bho) and moved to curves and now globes are my choice. ti nails are the shizz especially on a cold winters morning as ive shattered more than a few glass ones on a wake n bake... i also noticed smaller pieces work better stepping down each time to a smaller and smaller tube. ive used these direct inject ones recently and a few different bubbler type ones being made now a days and im still partial to my micro. ive been told the double macros are the shizz but im yet to try one. im done lookin till i can find a peyote perc and then just artsy stuff

IMAG03891122193777.jpg

Really diggin that rig bro! Yeah I have a 2' glass on glass 14mm HBG, nice and diffused, shes my baby! I was thinking of just getting a nice dome/ ti nail setup for my bong, but i really want a dedicated oil rig to puff out of.

If i had a good rig, errl/wax/oil, w/e would be all I'd smoke. Until then its the greens! I just love the mindfuck feeling like the first time you smoked a stoge almost when you take a FAT errl rip. Feels like an instant head blast, or body blast. I love it! And it would take my BRPD (bong rips per day) down to like 7-9 instead of 15-19.

Im looking to spend like 200 on my first oil rig, could you recommend any macros like yours around that price?

T

TheBigDabowski

This one is nice as well but they are sold out at the moment. (it does not stand up only downside to it, but it does lay down fine.)

B

blueburnsorange

Dz1PnK's Toro is going to run you upwards of $350 so it's probably not in your ballpark but the Toro MACRO is in your price range and is a favorite for oilers

http://i287.invalid.com/albums/ll143/bitfreak420/Glass 2011/TORO160_Macro_bubbler_14mm_230.gif

Side note - I'm not a big fan of the rig in the OP because I don't like nails on a 45 degree angle, especially for a starter unit - get the nail at 90 degrees straight up to avoid spills!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Side note - I'm not a big fan of the rig in the OP because I don't like nails on a 45 degree angle, especially for a starter unit - get the nail at 90 degrees straight up to avoid spills!

I would not get the rig you posted for that reason. Oil can roll off the nail as you dab.

For use with a skillet or nail, Can get a sheldon black bubbler for around $170.00.

OR for use with a ti skiller, HiSI Bubbler for $155. labworx ti skiller is $70.00 direct.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

IMAG03891122193777.jpg

Nice piece it looks like it rips 

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

Really diggin that rig bro! Yeah I have a 2' glass on glass 14mm HBG, nice and diffused, shes my baby! I was thinking of just getting a nice dome/ ti nail setup for my bong, but i really want a dedicated oil rig to puff out of.

If i had a good rig, errl/wax/oil, w/e would be all I'd smoke. Until then its the greens! I just love the mindfuck feeling like the first time you smoked a stoge almost when you take a FAT errl rip. Feels like an instant head blast, or body blast. I love it! And it would take my BRPD (bong rips per day) down to like 7-9 instead of 15-19.

Im looking to spend like 200 on my first oil rig, could you recommend any macros like yours around that price?

looks like the ones u & dabowski pointed out are gonna be the best values on alt, the sb leadsled talks about too maybe a vertigo , lots of sick rigs around and they start gettin pricey...

I would not get the rig you posted for that reason. Oil can roll off the nail as you dab.

thats why the ti ones have the cupped head

Nice piece it looks like it rips 

thank you sir, it was as asteticly pleasing as i could afford, alls i can say is toro lives up to the hype!

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Decided on this one, worth the extra hundred and ten I feel like. Im not going to grab it right now per say, fucking holidays are killin me, bills, hella shit kicking my ass right now. Only got hundo to my name after bills!

Hope Aqua lab will have this piece for a while, should be able to get it for myself as a b day present early nxt year. :sun

Alt 7 8 11 303
Alt 7 8 11 309
Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i wonder if aqua is gonna sell the two units i sent him on his site.

the first time i was doing this, there was no term oil rigs used in association with weed oil. i had to make my own.

vape2-800.jpg

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

i wonder if aqua is gonna sell the two units i sent him on his site.

the first time i was doing this, there was no term oil rigs used in association with weed oil. i had to make my own.

vape2-800.jpg

Was hoping you would drop by! I got a 14mm water pipe Hashmasta, how do you think one of your vapor curves would work on it? Its almost 2ft, would it be to big?

Im glad I am just not getting into oil, there is so many options! lol

smokum

smokum

I soooo want to pop my glass cherry with a nice rig, but need it multi use (oils/hash/herb) with a straight up receiver for a skillet/nail/bowl, lots of moisturizing diffusion, and most importantly.... a flattened restrictive mouthpiece (can't lung hit), all while being under 10" with a heavy base to stand on its own securely.

I've been looking for over a year now with no luck (being in Canaduhh sure isnt helping my search effort), for a something clear glass & quality to stop torturing my lungs.

The search continues..........

Graywolf

Graywolf

I soooo want to pop my glass cherry with a nice rig, but need it multi use (oils/hash/herb) with a straight up receiver for a skillet/nail/bowl, lots of moisturizing diffusion, and most importantly.... a flattened restrictive mouthpiece (can't lung hit), all while being under 10" with a heavy base to stand on its own securely.

I've been looking for over a year now with no luck (being in Canaduhh sure isnt helping my search effort), for a something clear glass & quality to stop torturing my lungs.

The search continues..........

Your oil pipe will taste better if you don't smoke anything in it. Anytime you combust material in a pipe, it adds ashtray smell and taste, which interfers with the subtle smells and flavors of vaporized oil.

In addition, if you haven't combusted oil in the pipe, the oil that condenses on the inside can be easily reclaimed and made into excellent sleep and pain relief oil.

I use two different dedicated pipes for that reason.

Reactions: mal
Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

the man, the myth, the legend... hey zorak... muchos gracias senior, from coast to coast, you changed the game and made me, these guys, and many a tweeker very happy. crazy how inovation changes things so quickly... people like you make this site what it is! +all the rep...

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031:What up OG looks like a very sick peace my only suggestion would be snag the boro syndicate quartz nail for it IMO its better than the regular ti-nail although i have both titanium and quartz pieces and i like them all and i give mad props to the other OG Hashmasta-Kut for his design anyway glad to have another oil-head around take care and stay high bro

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

B

blueburnsorange

That ALT glass piece is nice, it's sourced from Dirty Rico (quality USA glass) and the closest comparable piece I know of (in design, shape and size) is my ITZA which was almost twice as expensive.

Yes, HMK's 14mm curves will work on the ALT piece if you get a 18mm-to-14mm adapter. Their site is having trouble at the moment so I can't tell if you need a male or female HmK, but whatever, you can get one!

S

Skywalkin420

i JUST picked up a Mobius stemless 60mm tube stereo matrix from "THE CAVE" out here in the bay area its pretty awesome, had to pick up the 18mm v2 for it as well and im in heaven..... super smooth zero drag hit that is fairly cold depending on how cold of water used. highly recommend it for the heavy toker

HashWreck

HashWreck

@Skywalkin420 Bump "The Cave"! I was out there yesterday to pick up my 1st designated rig. They're some super solid folks out in the 650, with a dope glass collection to match.

They hooked me up with my new SYN. 18mm joint. Showerhead perc. Splash guard. Chunky neck with the lip wrap. Threw my own TI nail in it and was ready to drop dunks.

IMG 1857

Top Bottom