First Organic Soil Bed Ever. Thoughts?

• Thread starter sizzzlin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sizzzlin

sizzzlin

First time starting a 100gal bed where I mixed together:
- 2/3 recycled hp pro mix that was previously grown with salts (flushed 2 weeks)
- 2 five gallon pots of perlite
- 2 bags compost
Amendments:
2 cups OSF
3 cups each crab, kelp, neem
And 2 cups rock glacial dust.

I have faith in the mix but am open to the thoughts, criticisms, or suggestions from anyone that cares?
Thanks!

jipp

jipp

what are the dimensions of your plot? i need to try out door this season. will be following along.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I Wouldnt use recycled soil. you dont want pests eating the ladies roots.

That's why I grow in coco.

First time starting a 100gal bed where I mixed together:
- 2/3 recycled hp pro mix that was previously grown with salts (flushed 2 weeks)
- 2 five gallon pots of perlite
- 2 bags compost
Amendments:
2 cups OSF
And 2 cups rock glacial dust.

I have faith in the mix but am open to the thoughts, criticisms, or suggestions from anyone that cares?
Thanks!

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

its your funeral after all. so do as you like.

All kinds of bugs at my root zone...bugs are part of the LOS system. If there's a bug chomping on roots then there's something higher up in the food chain.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Amendments:
2 cups OSF
And 2 cups rock glacial dust

Are those numbers per cubic foot or is that the total amount for the whole batch of soil ? What is OSF ?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Hey I grew up on a farm. if you had you would know the answer to that. its called crop rotation.

after 2-3 years they grow different plants in that soil the larvae there do not eat. most of the larvae starve to death and after 2-3 years they plant the same crop there again.

Repeatedly growing the same crop year after year after year there will be several funerals your wonderful ladies that make the best medicine money can buy

I wonder how vegetables grow in the ground without all those “ pests “ eating away the root zone ?

Funeral? LMAO

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Laugh all you like. I don't give a ____. fill in the expletive of your choice.

the ladies I grow controls my Crohns disease. Almost the only thing that makes my life worth living.

I grow in compressed coco so I dont have to worry about pests chewing on my ladies.

if you think you can grow the same type plants in the same soil year after year without the pests getting out of control be my guest but dont start crying when you lose an entire crop due to pests.

I dont even buy potting soil because of eggs Oct pests in the soil.

I wonder how vegetables grow in the ground without all those “ pests “ eating away the root zone ?

Funeral? LMAO

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

this auto correct is a pain. that was supposed to be "eggs of pests in the soil"

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

comparing crop rotation in large scale “conventional “ agriculture is a far cry from growing no till organic in a 100 gallon bed. I’m not even going to argue about it because I already know you don’t speak from experience.

I’ve been growing indoors organically for a long time and the results speak for themselves. Mountain Organics on IG aka Bluejay, had been using his same soil for over 4 yrs, crop after crop and no funeral to speak of.

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/no-till-gardening.1299862/

Laugh all you like. I don't give a ____. fill in the expletive of your choice.

the ladies I grow controls my Crohns disease. Almost the only thing that makes my life worth living.

I grow in compressed coco so I dont have to worry about pests chewing on my ladies.

if you think you can grow the same type plants in the same soil year after year without the pests getting out of control be my guest but dont start crying when you lose an entire crop due to pests.

I dont even buy potting soil because of eggs Oct pests in the soil.

Hey I grew up on a farm. if you had you would know the answer to that. its called crop rotation.

after 2-3 years they grow different plants in that soil the larvae there do not eat. most of the larvae starve to death and after 2-3 years they plant the same crop there again.

Repeatedly growing the same crop year after year after year there will be several funerals your wonderful ladies that make the best medicine money can buy

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

22 continuous cycles crop after crop of the same species. No crop rotation. No coco or fancy “nutes” . Surely no funeral in sight...

332D6A33 F7B3 406F 93DF 915E4B3FE2B5
9EB6034D CC5D 43E3 93C5 3DF0E15FE429
27F3B57C 4E11 4C93 994A 5A61C499E130
9FA00FC6 D7A6 43D5 9D3A 7A228545FBCB

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

do as you like. I already gave you my permission. I just Wouldnt do it

comparing crop rotation in large scale “conventional “ agriculture is a far cry from growing no till organic in a 100 gallon bed. I’m not even going to argue about it because I already know you don’t speak from experience.

I’ve been growing indoors organically for a long time and the results speak for themselves. Mountain Organics on IG aka Bluejay, had been using his same soil for over 4 yrs, crop after crop and no funeral to speak of.

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/no-till-gardening.1299862/

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

do as you like. I already gave you my permission. I just Wouldnt do it

LOL Come on bro , your giving me permission haha. you just finished your first ever grow 3 months ago and now your a gardening guru trying to tell people how to grow ? My advice to you would be to talk less and read more

Last edited:
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

yes on marijuana.

I grew vegetables for 30 years.

LOL Come on bro , you just finished your first ever grow 3 months ago and now your trying to tell people how to grow ? My advice to you would be to talk less and read more

Top Bottom