First organic soil grow help with down to earth nutrients

• Thread starter TittiBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TittiBear

TittiBear

Hello, this is my first organic soil grow and am using down to earth nutrients and am really confused as I could not find a feeding schedule. So far I have Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Bio live, langbeinite, and granular humic acids. I'm wondering what else should I get to go with it? Also when should I start top dressing my different amendments in at what mixture?

Kalibudz808

Kalibudz808

You definitely gonna want some worm castings to go with that. I would get the roses and bloom nute from down to earth also. Thatā€™s about what you need to start off šŸ¤™šŸ½

BudBogart

BudBogart

I donā€™t have a feeding schedule per se when using blood and bone meal. The langbenite is ground rock, so youā€™re good there. When the plants are ready for flower, I top dress with a bit more bone meal to bump the phosphorus.

TittiBear

TittiBear

Thanks for the replies... In the us actually... Would starting at 1 tbs per gallon of soil be good? Not sure how much to start at..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How organic do you want? If you plan on using any bottled nutrients, then consider yourself a hydro grower.
Organics mean you only add water after your amendments.

I asked where you live because some of that you've listed is the EU version of the American products.

TrunkMonkey

TrunkMonkey

Hello, this is my first organic soil grow and am using down to earth nutrients and am really confused as I could not find a feeding schedule. So far I have Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Bio live, langbeinite, and granular humic acids. I'm wondering what else should I get to go with it? Also when should I start top dressing my different amendments in at what mixture?
Kelp and alfalfa would be good. I would also get some corn and lentils for sprouted seed teas. Depending on where you live I would pickup some rock dust... East coast - granite dust, west of Appalachian - basalt dust, everywhere else Azomite.

TittiBear

TittiBear

How organic do you want? If you plan on using any bottled nutrients, then consider yourself a hydro grower.

I asked where you live because some of that you've listed is the EU version of the American products.
Was only planning on adding amendments... Just ph'd water is the plan. Just confused as couldn't find a feeding chart like I would if I had used bottled nutrients.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Was only planning on adding amendments... Just ph'd water is the plan. Just confused as couldn't find a feeding chart like I would if I had used bottled nutrients.
Because there is no feeding plan for organics. You amend the soil, plant and water. That's it. You can add some organic compatible amendments, but even that is only two feedings.

TittiBear

TittiBear

Was only planning on adding amendments... Just ph'd water is the plan. Just confused as couldn't find a feeding chart like I would if I had used bottled nutrients. Just was unclear on which of my amendments I would add on what weeks as I've never done amendments before so confused. Actually just finished up a grow in coco but wanted to switch to 100% organic.. here is a couple pics of last run... This is notorious THC from Humboldt seed company

IMG 20210720 200338615 HDR
IMG 20210809 230931
IMG 20210724 100912
Last edited:
TittiBear

TittiBear

Because there is no feeding plan for organics. You amend the soil, plant and water. That's it. You can add some organic compatible amendments, but even that is only two feedings.
Ok thanks.. just didn't want to accidentally fry them since this is first organic run

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Was only planning on adding amendments... Just ph'd water is the plan. Just confused as couldn't find a feeding chart like I would if I had used bottled nutrient
So you're top dressing?

Add 1 tsp blood meal per gallon of pot size and 1/4 tsp langbeinite per gallon pot size per month. Both the bone meal and Bio Live have too much Phosphate and are unnecessary imo. Just be sure your soil has a good ecology...biochar is a better option than Bio Live.

You just need some good compost or worm castings, a calcium source that doesn't have Phos (like Gypsum), and a source of micronutrients like kelp, greensand, or rock dust.
Top dress1/4 cup compost/EWC per gallon container every two weeks, and and either 1/2 tsp kelp every two weeks or 1 tsp rock dust/greensand monthly, per gallon pot size. The amount of gypsum (calcium) you need depends on your water source.

I'd also add an additional 1 Tbsp wood ashes per gallon pot size at flowering for some additional potash. Also, have some high N bat guano or composted chicken litter on hand if you're not sure when to start top dressing as these have a good amount of nitrate that is immediately available in case the compost/EWC aren't enough.

TittiBear

TittiBear

So you're top dressing?

Add 1 tsp blood meal per gallon of pot size and 1/4 tsp langbeinite per gallon pot size per month. Both the bone meal and Bio Live have too much Phosphate and are unnecessary imo. Just be sure your soil has a good ecology...biochar is a better option than Bio Live.

You just need some good compost or worm castings, a calcium source that doesn't have Phos (like Gypsum), and a source of micronutrients like kelp, greensand, or rock dust.
Top dress1/4 cup compost/EWC per gallon container every two weeks, and and either 1/2 tsp kelp every two weeks or 1 tsp rock dust/greensand monthly, per gallon pot size. The amount of gypsum (calcium) you need depends on your water source.

I'd also add an additional 1 Tbsp wood ashes per gallon pot size at flowering for some additional potash. Also, have some high N bat guano or composted chicken litter on hand if you're not sure when to start top dressing as these have a good amount of nitrate that is immediately available in case the compost/EWC aren't enough.
Yeah so far have i have Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Bio live, langbeinite, and granular humic acids. This will be my first time so a little lost. Basically I wasn't sure when I should start adding what amendment and what else would be recommended to get to go with it. Thanks for the help as I truly appreciate it. I'm actually a brain cancer patient and that's why I am wanting to go the organic route. Once again thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom