First outdoor grow. Lots of questions. Trinity County, CA.

• Thread starter SFJC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SFJC

SFJC

Hello, everyone! I have just had the good fortune to move to Trinity County, CA. My property was previously used for a grow, a few times, and I have a perfect south-facing flat area. I'm going to keep it really legal. I'm only doing twelve. My problem is that I've only grown indoor. I'm super excited, but I'm a little lost. This property came with a whole box of new 200 gallon fabric pots and a ton of soil, so I'm using those. I have no idea how to feed and/or water a pot that big. My plants are a couple feet high and topped. I am planning on putting them outside during the first week of June. I have a bunch of chicken manure based dry fertilizer pellets (4-2-2) that they were apparently using for veg. I have nothing for bloom. I would like to use liquid fertilizers for both veg and bloom, as I am more familiar with them, but I just don't know how to feed a plant that big. I am open to all suggestions. I don't mind buying some stuff, and really want to do this correctly. I've learned a ton about indoor on here, I can't wait to learn more about outdoor. Any feeding schedules or examples on here that I should look at? Threads that I should read? Any experienced outdoor growers feel like helping out a really excited city person that just moved to the mountains?

Pappy805

Pappy805

Sounds like a fun adventure. Hopefully some more experienced growers chime in. Keep us updated on the progress.

SFJC

SFJC

First question! How the hell do I know how much nutrients to apply for a 200 gallon pot. Indoor, I do the standard feed to waste thing. That seems like it would be a really bad idea in this situation. Also super expensive. Would 5-10 gallons of regular strength nutrient solution be a proper feeding? Once a week? Any help would be appreciated. I'll post some pics, too. Got a few pretty crazy strains that I'm excited about.

SFJC

SFJC

Sounds like a fun adventure. Hopefully some more experienced growers chime in. Keep us updated on the progress.
I hope to get some responses, too. There is a lot of knowledge on here. I'll post some stuff pretty soon.

Top Bottom