First outdoor grow started flowering early

• Thread starter MondayNightHugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MondayNightHugz

Okay, So I recently transplanted 5 plants outside into my garden at the start of May and they are already flowering. Four of these were started from seed in March and one is a clone from the end of March. I grew them indoors up until May 1st. I've been growing weed indoors since 2005 but this is my first time growing outdoors thanks to new laws (voting rocks), so Im not sure what to do here.

Is there an easy way to get these girls back into growth stage? I'm considering getting some outdoor spotlights to try and force them back into cycle, but I'm not sure I have the ability to do that (distance from electrical outlets) or if that would even work.

Or Is it possible to leave them in flowering by covering them up at like 6pm and uncovering them at 6am? They are big enough to flower if they were indoors, and If i had known this was going to happen I'd just of kept them indoors lol.

Two are sativa heavy Tropicana Bananas, the last three are indica heavy Pink Kush and White Widow. (all are not pictured) I'm concerned they might be to far into flower to fix at this point. Any ideas are appreciated.

First outdoor grow started flowering early
First outdoor grow started flowering early 2
First outdoor grow started flowering early 3
First outdoor grow started flowering early 4
Galgrows

Galgrows

Are the hours of direct sunlight hitting them and for how long? What's the sunrise sunset length in your area now? I guess i was just on the cusp of 14.3hr in my area but i do have 1 photo showing flower. She's not as big as yours all mine are clones from cuts of indoor slurricane an blueberry muffin they are only 20" max right now. Our summer has not really began yet of warm mornings and hot days so i've just let it go perhaps it will turn back around or not. I really am not concerned for mine.

Yes sure could use 18/6 or 12/12 again on yours indoors lemme tell ya though reverting back to veg is a long shitty process if you got alot of plants flowering now. As those flowers die and dry you or at least i did pick all the dead flowers and stripped all the brown dead off. I did this 1x with 7 huge outdoor swore never again but here i am thank goodness only 1 yours are more mature.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Id start a light depro for those and start a few more for the outdoor full length season🤷🏼‍♂️

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It's probably because of a change of darkness duration. They look healthy, so I think you can get a good crop. I'm thinking they'll hit the peak of their flowering just as there's the most daylight. That could be a good thing.

M

MondayNightHugz

Welp, I guess I'm going to try to keep them in flower, I have some extra large garbage bags that might suffice for plant covers. I'll start giving them flowering nutes and see where they end up. Next year I'll see what i can do about making sure my babies have a longer photoperiod while outside.

This is southern Ohio, so we have around 15 hours of sunlight, I always figured that would be enough to keep a plant in veg stage. Next year I'll look into an outdoor light to keep them in cycle.

Worst comes to worst, I'll have a nice report on what happens when plants flower early. I'll try to document it all and post my results. Thanks all.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Are you worried about reveging?
He would love them to reveg! The ones I screw up like that never do! I would start some more and settle for a smaller harvest! And play around with the other ones The way you see fit. You could try spotlights. But with spotlights come millions of bugs! That got old real quick! Live and learn! If you start some more now, you’ll be surprised how big they get by the time they start flowering! There may be a silver lining in this after all! Where you’re at I think smaller plants are a lot easier to take care of in September. Good luck!

cpurola

cpurola

Welp, I guess I'm going to try to keep them in flower, I have some extra large garbage bags that might suffice for plant covers. I'll start giving them flowering nutes and see where they end up. Next year I'll see what i can do about making sure my babies have a longer photoperiod while outside.

This is southern Ohio, so we have around 15 hours of sunlight, I always figured that would be enough to keep a plant in veg stage. Next year I'll look into an outdoor light to keep them in cycle.

Worst comes to worst, I'll have a nice report on what happens when plants flower early. I'll try to document it all and post my results. Thanks all.
Been there done that this year. Had my photos under 18 hours, then put them outside in April. Didn't notice the flowers until too late for some of them.
The early flowering Frostberrys refuse to reveg. and here they are today.

It's not too late to start more seeds. I'm in Southeast Michigan and I would.

20240518 190952

20240518 190959

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
There are some reasons for revegging When indoor, growing! But outdoors usually means you’ve screwed up big time! I don’t know what garbage bags will do. That will probably get Old pretty quickly also! I’ve never Light depped anything! I had one last year that I think got too close to flower, but without actually flowering. It started showing signs of reveging. Throwing nothing but one and three bladed Shade leaves! Wonked Out with thin, wispy shoots , And branches, growing every witch way! But it kept growing without flowering, and after about a month or more, started, throwing some five bladed leaves! It was a defoliating nightmare, and I thought a prime candidate for mold! Almost like a plant that I’ve been topped way too many times! But she soldiered On to the finish line, and I got a fairly good yield off of it! But I wouldn’t recommend it! L O L! I got lucky!

Galgrows

Galgrows

Been there done that this year. Had my photos under 18 hours, then put them outside in April. Didn't notice the flowers until too late for some of them.
The early flowering Frostberrys refuse to reveg. and here they are today.

It's not too late to start more seeds. I'm in Southeast Michigan and I would.

View attachment 2177799
View attachment 2177800
Yes i've got one same size as yours doing the same thing. It's a slurricane clone i made about 2months ago. Thought all was good time wise but i don't know why she's the only one out of 7 doing this? I'm letting it do it's thing, i got back up plants.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
There are some reasons for revegging When indoor, growing! But outdoors usually means you’ve screwed up big time! I don’t know what garbage bags will do. That will probably get Old pretty quickly also! I’ve never Light depped anything! I had one last year that I think got too close to flower, but without actually flowering. It started showing signs of reveging. Throwing nothing but one and three bladed Shade leaves! Wonked Out with thin, wispy shoots , And branches, growing every witch way! But it kept growing without flowering, and after about a month or more, started, throwing some five bladed leaves! It was a defoliating nightmare, and I thought a prime candidate for mold! Almost like a plant that I’ve been topped way too many times! But she soldiered On to the finish line, and I got a fairly good yield off of it! But I wouldn’t recommend it! L O L! I got lucky!
Thanks! 👍

M

MondayNightHugz

That will probably get Old pretty quickly also!

NGL it got old after two nights, I'm disabled so going out and bagging the plants just isn't a feasible idea. I did two nights like that and said fuck it. I'm going to end up damaging the plants covering them up like that.

Sooo, my only option is to just let them do their natural thing, a smaller harvest is still a harvest. It looks like two of them are slowing down on flowering, they stretched alot and grew some hairs, but the Tropicana Banana's are full flower mode.

I'll reapply these lessons to next year, I'll figure out some type of night light to ensure they stay in an 18hour cycle till Ohio's light cycle gets closer to that. And I'll keep them in buckets until after May. My indoor hydro setup has exceeded my expectations as far as harvest is concerned. So I won't have to worry about running out of weed.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I know you figure on standing pat! But dispensaries around here we’re selling 6 inch Potted clones for 23 bucks last year! They looked fairly healthy! You are in veg, heaven! I bet if you pop a couple of them in the ground or in a five or 10 gallon pot, you would have a four or 5 foot plant by flowering time! 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound dry per plant is nothing to sneeze at! You would be surprised at the way these things take off! Mid July to mid August 1 inch per day is not uncommon! And that is being conservative! I’ve still got two and 3 inch seedlings in solos, but I know they will be decent plants come September! I just don’t think you realize how early it still is, and that you could switch to a Plan B, and be extremely happy with the outcome! But whatever you decide, keep us updated! Always interesting to watch and see if plants revege. Hang in there, man!

M

MondayNightHugz

But dispensaries around here we’re selling 6 inch Potted clones for 23 bucks last year!
Oh man, I've been selling myself short here, I've "gifted" about 4 dozen 3inch potted clones to friends at 5 bucks each. 😅

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Have a friend of mine with this same thing (last year) and the plant just ended up revegging, I'm thinking planting in July is idea for outdoor grows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom