First pollen chuck seeds not ripe

• Thread starter Phate008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phate008

Phate008

I did my first couple crosses using a spare tent. I used colloidal silver to force a very nice strain I grew to throw pollen. I have it in the center of 3 small plants in 2 gallon pots. Once it started to make pollen I consistently shook the plant to pollinate the other 3. It worked and they all started to produce seeds. The mother's of these clones finished at week 9 (indica dom) and the others finished at week 11 (sativa dom). I am currently at week 10. I have pulled off a couple pods to check the seeds. About half are green and unripe and the other half look good.

My question is will all the seeds ripen if I wait longer? Is there a 'perfect' time to harvest for seeds? I know with hermies in the past I have just harvested when the trichomes looked good and found a lot of good seeds deep in the buds where you couldn't see from the outside.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes, they will ripen if you wait longer. Forget how long it takes for the strain to finish. Creating seeds is different and it takes additional time.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
@Trustfall your area of expertise.
Been all over the place for me. Some strains have nothing but ripe seeds some half ripe half unripe. I have noticed if you get any root problems mid flower the % of ripe goes way down.

Phate008

Phate008

Thanks for the comments. The root problems may exist. As a test i kept one clone in a solo cup. I was mistaken and the other 3 are in 1 gallon hard pots (soil). I transplanted a couple days before flip to the 1 gallon pots. I'm sure they are probably all root bound, but they all seem pretty healthy. They all have nice fades. A couple of the seeds I pulled out have the nice stripes and color, but there is also a good amount of green ones. I think I'm just going to run them all another 2-4 weeks.

For those that have done this...what is the longest you have waited for seeds to mature? I'm wondering if I'm looking at 12 week flower,18 week flower, etc

Top Bottom