First post! 1600w DTW winter grow

• Thread starter American_Agriculturist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
American_Agriculturist

American_Agriculturist

Looking great my friend!!!
This is clone wilting, many possible reasons, probably the callus didn't formed in time and/or stem cut got infection preventing water to keep going trough.
Or they got underwatered and stood too dry for too long.

I’ve got to get my clone game strong again.

Using domes that are marginally not tall enough for the size of cuttings I take. I’ve noticed some people take the dome off after a week. Gotta find a way to keep the humidity up for 50 ish clones (2 trays). Was debating the idea of a large tote with moist perlite in the bottom and just set the trays of cuttings in there, and leave the lid cracked.

American_Agriculturist

American_Agriculturist

Sugarcane and Jezus juice putting on some frost in week 3!
CC2A86A2 9152 41AD BAB7 F6ABD0F5AB13
AACA54EB 752E 474B B62D BF0B94BF1E81

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I’ve got to get my clone game strong again.

Using domes that are marginally not tall enough for the size of cuttings I take. I’ve noticed some people take the dome off after a week. Gotta find a way to keep the humidity up for 50 ish clones (2 trays). Was debating the idea of a large tote with moist perlite in the bottom and just set the trays of cuttings in there, and leave the lid cracked.
I never used a dome, I set heating mat to 24c
Air 24-26.5c, RH 50-65%. (Same exact conditions my mom's were)
Pre soak Rockwood in 5.5ph with 550us bloom nutrient light feed for 30min.
Spray the leaves first 3 days with water only and make sure Rockwood stay wet but not overwet.
90%+ success rate for many years this way.
Super easy.

American_Agriculturist

American_Agriculturist

Day 28 as of yesterday, and these ladies are putting on some weight!

Pineapple will be taken out of rotation. Plants have completely fallen over and had to trellis them last night.

sugarcane #5 is proving to be a great addition to the stable. Stout as can be, insanely frosty and going to be a solid yielder

gorilla butter may also be taken out of the rotation. Going to be a good yielder, but the terps are falling short. Very mild scent.

Jezus juice, as always, is a solid performer.
BC9D7468 D6BE 4E82 8D8E FE268DC5C7BC
B8C73558 D15D 4396 9649 FD966610789F
33C09501 46C5 4A77 970C 4847103AC1F4
42072E52 7A37 4264 8267 38746136DAA3
F3DDA64A CA18 4EE1 B632 3400992258D2

American_Agriculturist

American_Agriculturist

Week 5 Day 1

Gorilla butter finally has my attention. Terp profile is subtle but sooo unique. Smells like peanut butter, slightly skunky funkiness. The buds are like towering spears, and it’s beginning to really pack on some weight. Super frosty
AD3CA8C8 E5E3 431F 9C64 E2880199D7C7

ADF89DD5 2CD7 4E83 8979 51CB21A9C35D

The Jezus juice is once again, the favorite in the garden. This plant checks every box, time and time again and the smell of fresh oranges overpowers everything in the room. The trichome density is some of the frostiest I’ve come across and massive, chunky purple buds are really shining on this run.
92775F8D D805 4178 B1DF BED688611CC3
A8A14F58 26E1 4CB3 9F98 8DC6E659CEA4

Sugarcane is looking wonderful. This pheno is stout, and very indica dominant in structure. the terps are heavy on the fuel side of things, with a hint of sweetness.
61D9D9A9 1AEC 4E65 84CE FF6702EC8EEE
BF397458 27ED 4DBC B887 B8B5D97951BA

There’s been some issues with pineapple since week 3 of flowering. The stems simply cannot support its weight. The moment they started flowering, I noticed the branches starting to give out due to increased weight. By week 4, every branch of every plant completely gave out and they all fell over. Had to throw up a trellis and get them all supported or it was gonna to be a big L for this strain. Terps are super sweet, and floral. The mother plant was culled, and it will be out of the rotation after this run.
E0BB28BC 4CD7 4FAB 81EA ABA4AA4EA170

Shout out to @ImpulsiveGrower for hooking it up with some new additions to the garden!

Trop cherry #8
Grape Gas
Melted strawberries
Slurricane #7

Potentially adding another table in the next run or two.

Eledin

Eledin

Theyre looking fire! Can I ask what nutes are you using? By salt nutrients you mean synthetic or bio mineral? Im an organic guy but I always have a couple of synthetic and bio mineral bottles in case I dont catch a deficiency in time, I never use them though because I watch them every day but if I have to leave for a few days and I come back to see a heavy deficiency I feel safer with those nutes there.

I'm not sure it I'm just overly sensitive, but I swear I can feel the difference in the smoke from salt based nutes to organic. Same with salt nic vapes versus pg/vg. I don't knock any way though, as long as the plants are happy, it's all good in my books😉
I do too, organic has a distinct flavor added to the strain and the smoke is much cleaner (I really do notice that because Im asthmatic). But that doesnt mean you cant get a clean smoke with synthetics with a good flush. In organic is not necessary to flush, its still gonna taste good (in a blind taste study the majority of the people chose the non flushed organic against the flushed organic), but I flush them for 1 week for a cleaner smoke. I feel like sometimes the flavor can be overwhelming with organics too if you dont flush. I remember a Skywalker Runtz I had, 2 strains with a lot of flavor, it was too much for my senses. I smoke spliffs so I just used less and problem solved. I cant smoke just weed or I will be coughing for weeks, mixed with tobbaco I can tolerate it.

American_Agriculturist

American_Agriculturist

Theyre looking fire! Can I ask what nutes are you using? By salt nutrients you mean synthetic or bio mineral? Im an organic guy but I always have a couple of synthetic and bio mineral bottles in case I dont catch a deficiency in time, I never use them though because I watch them every day but if I have to leave for a few days and I come back to see a heavy deficiency I feel safer with those nutes there.

I do too, organic has a distinct flavor added to the strain and the smoke is much cleaner (I really do notice that because Im asthmatic). But that doesnt mean you cant get a clean smoke with synthetics with a good flush. In organic is not necessary to flush, its still gonna taste good (in a blind taste study the majority of the people chose the non flushed organic against the flushed organic), but I flush them for 1 week for a cleaner smoke. I feel like sometimes the flavor can be overwhelming with organics too if you dont flush. I remember a Skywalker Runtz I had, 2 strains with a lot of flavor, it was too much for my senses. I smoke spliffs so I just used less and problem solved. I cant smoke just weed or I will be coughing for weeks, mixed with tobbaco I can tolerate it.

I think he was referring to salt nic as in nicotine (vaping).

I use Floraflex nutrients, and to the plant, an ion is an ion. Outdoors I grow with organic nutrients, but indoors I prefer the precise control of nutrients that a synthetic has to offer. I can guarantee that taste/quality is not negatively effected and dare to say that when grown properly, taste/terps is the best it’s ever been for the last few runs

Eledin

Eledin

I think he was referring to salt nic as in nicotine (vaping).

I use Floraflex nutrients, and to the plant, an ion is an ion. Outdoors I grow with organic nutrients, but indoors I prefer the precise control of nutrients that a synthetic has to offer. I can guarantee that taste/quality is not negatively effected and dare to say that when grown properly, taste/terps is the best it’s ever been for the last few runs
They both have their pros and cons, I could list several of them here if you want me to but you probably know them already since youre using both, even though outdoors and indoors are 2 different worlds so I dont know... with organic I get bigger plants and a distinct taste. With synthetic I was getting big buds too but often the plant couldnt take the weight. Overall time of harvest is also significantly faster with clones, coco and synthetic, meassuring ppm, thats unbeatable. I do push my nutes to the maxium, I make my super soil, then top dress but I do it light enough so I can push with organic liquid nutes to the maxium of their capabilities and so far I had no problem. When I start seeing a couple of burnt tips or any sign that I used too much last time, I just go to the previous dose until they get bigger.
Also floraflex is very good, an ion is an ion but you sure are spending good money for good ferts so theres something else to that, right? Hehehe. Not only the chemical form they come in but also what else besides NPK are they supplying to the plant, and also in which chemical form those come too. For example, some supplements to speed metabolism you can only get with organic nutrients (like fitohormones from kelp), unless youre willing to use synthetic hormones but they have been proven to be bad for your health and the buds are nasty sponge like.
Athena is taking the market by storm and is a mix of things you can only find in organic mixed with the efficiency of synthetics and bio minerals, and even the organics they have in Stacks for example, are compatible with an irrigation system (many organic liquids are not)

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

One thing I noticed too when I was using synthetics and I notice in my friend's grow who also use synthetics and coco, is that you cant get colas as big. But he is getting way frostier buds than I am, he is using Athena and 240W panels, he sells to the shop at 8euros per gram so the shop will sell it around 12 euros or more per gram, top notch weed. That said he never has produced colas like this even if these colas are worth less money by weight:

Bigger plant, bigger buds, but not necessarily better. He does SOG so he also gets more grams per square meter than I do... I just like organics honestly, and I got used to the taste and I wanna replicate how they live in the wild but better fed. (Organic living soil and everything that comes with it). Most likely the key is taking the best of both worlds like Athena is doing.

Last edited:
American_Agriculturist

American_Agriculturist

They both have their pros and cons, I could list several of them here if you want me to but you probably know them already since youre using both, even though outdoors and indoors are 2 different worlds so I dont know... with organic I get bigger plants and a distinct taste. With synthetic I was getting big buds too but often the plant couldnt take the weight. Overall time of harvest is also significantly faster with clones, coco and synthetic, meassuring ppm, thats unbeatable. I do push my nutes to the maxium, I make my super soil, then top dress but I do it light enough so I can push with organic liquid nutes to the maxium of their capabilities and so far I had no problem. When I start seeing a couple of burnt tips or any sign that I used too much last time, I just go to the previous dose until they get bigger.
Also floraflex is very good, and ion is an ion but you sure are spending good money for good ferts so theres something else to that, right? Hehehe. Not only the chemical form they come in but also what else besides NPK are they supplying to the plant, and also in which chemical form those come too. For example, some supplements to speed metabolism you can only get with organic nutrients (like fitohormones from kelp), unless youre willing to use synthetic hormones but they have been proven to be bad for your health and the buds are nasty sponge like.
I’m all very familiar with all of this 🙂 and I get Floraflex nutrients for $0.12 per gallon when mixed at 4g/gal. It’s one of the cheapest I have ever run.

American_Agriculturist

American_Agriculturist

One thing I noticed too when I was using synthetics and I notice in my friend's grow who also use synthetics and coco, is that you cant get colas as big. But he is getting way frostier buds than I am, he is using Athena and 240W panels, he sells to the shop at 8euros per gram so the shop will sell it around 12 euros or more per gram, top notch weed. That said he never has produced colas like this even if these colas are worth less money by weight:
View attachment 2161619
Bigger plant, bigger buds, but not necessarily better. He does SOG so he also gets more grams per square meter than I do... I just like organics honestly, and I got used to the taste and I wanna replicate how they live in the wild but better fed. (Organic living soil and everything that comes with it)
It sounds like what you’re implying towards this grow is that my buds may look nice but they’re lacking quality because it’s not organic? I get the whole organic thing.. I’ve done it time and time again indoors and out, but I use synthetic nutrients because I can personally produce a better product with it, while tailoring to each strains needs.

Eledin

Eledin

It sounds like what you’re implying towards this grow is that my buds may look nice but they’re lacking quality because it’s not organic? I get the whole organic thing.. I’ve done it time and time again indoors and out, but I use synthetic nutrients because I can personally produce a better product with it, while tailoring to each strains needs.
No, you got me wrong. My friend has better buds but theyre smaller, he goes with quality clones, coco hydro and has always used synthetic until now that he has been using Athena for 2 grows (They look even frostier now but they were very frosty before hew as using Athena too, more than mine) and Athena is a mix of synthetics, bio minerals and organic. As I said before, yours are looking fire, even the big leaves getting frosty!
EDIT: Also I personally wasnt able to produce such big colas with synthetics and bio minerals, but some of my best harvests quality and quantity wise were with synthetic, some with organic.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

Some buds from my friend, theyre way frostier than mine:
Cheetah Piss

White Rainbow (His biggest cola from that harvest)

Overall White Rainbow

That white rainbow comes from the same plant that the white rainbow that was 5th in the spannabis 2024. Its not just the nutes and going coco, he gets top notch clones but that proves that he is growing better buds than I am and he is not using organic. Many factors to consider, the most important thing is being experienced and dedicated. (And if you can keep good phenos with mothers then youre set)

Last edited:
Top Bottom