First Post..

• Thread starter fazbar3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fazbar3

Hi there, Ive only just joined. I live in the uk and I've been growing for over 20 years.
Until I moved to hydroponics I was getting mixed results.
Ive learnt through successes and disappointments and am always ready to absorb and exchange knowledge. Ive got a grow tent 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m for private use.
My crop now is Orion F1 Autos. My first trial of F1.
They look pretty good and amazing vigour, a hybrid with THC of about 26%
More pictures as the crop ripens.
I also make my own bubble hash with the trim and waste, using a camping electric washing machine and ice. Nothing is wasted.

First post
First post 2
First post 3
First post 4
First post 5
First post 6
Last edited:
Z

Zill

Fazbar,

Nice looking crop. You’re going to be busy.

Question
1) Who did the thc analysis? It was sent out for testing, correct.
2) what’s the deal with the camping electric washing machine. Are you using that to mix the chaff with ice? Use dry ice.

Zill.

F

fazbar3

Fazbar,

Nice looking crop. You’re going to be busy.

Question
1) Who did the thc analysis? It was sent out for testing, correct.
2) what’s the deal with the camping electric washing machine. Are you using that to mix the chaff with ice? Use dry ice.

Zill.
1) I'm going by Royal Queen seeds THC levels. I don't do anything as complicated as test them. I just want to grow good strong weed for my aches and pains.
2) Rather than use a drill with a plaster mixer the portable washing machine is for the agitation. I bought a 5 gallon bubble hash kit from amazon and use the main bag to hold all my trim in plus some large ice cubes. the rest go into the main chamber, Plus water, so they knock into each other when sloshing about.
Do that for three or 3 or 4 15 minute cycles and you have your hash crystal soup ready for filtration. I use 220 micron first, 160 micron, 90 micron and finally the 25 micron usually drying very malleable and dark brown to black.

Im a lazy grower. I always try to grow mould resistant plants. Usually with my grows I get at least 1 plant that's slower or has different traits. I am pleasantly surprised at the Quality of F1 Orion.
Brain Damage Auto is waiting to be planted when Orion Finishes in round about 2 weeks.

Z

Zill

Hey Faz,

Just curious about testing and a fee charged.

Loosing all that water must be a pain. Have you tried using dry ice pellets? I enjoyed the 7 bricks of hash (1 inch square) I made last year. So did my friends. All identical cultivars will be within a range of one another.

Zill.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

F

fazbar3

Hey Faz,

Just curious about testing and a fee charged.

Loosing all that water must be a pain. Have you tried using dry ice pellets? I enjoyed the 7 bricks of hash (1 inch square) I made last year. So did my friends. All identical cultivars will be within a range of one another.

Zill.
I use normal ice for convenience as every supermarket and corner shop sell it. I wouldn't know where to start getting dry ice locally or the cost of it.
I dont grow my bud for hash making anyway, I make hash only every couple of grows. Anything I remove from the plants, i.e. leaves, branches or buds that aren't strong goes straight in the freezer, plus the trim when I dry buds.

I did try water curing my bud as well several years back.
Water cured bud is smooth, has a low odour and is much quicker than a dry cure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom