First Real Grow - Sour OG

• Thread starter meds215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
meds215

meds215

Started a couple years ago with the usual bagseed growing outdoors but now I'm ready to start an indoor garden. The tent was going to be used to keep mothers and the grow was going to be elsewhere, but plans have changed and I am just going to run them in this.

This grow is already approx. 3 weeks in so I will be posting the dates to get the journal caught up.

6 Sour OG clones from Doctors Orders
Quantum 600 Watt Ballast
Hydrofarm 2' 8 Bulb T-5
Silver Star 6" Hood
Digilux 600 MH
Hortilux Eye 600 HPS
CAP 6" Exhaust Fan
Phresh 6" x 16" Filter
3 x 3 tent
Fox Farms Ocean Forest
2 Gallon Smart Pot knockoffs

Started under Hydrofarm 2' 8 bulb T-5. I am going to be trying out some General Hydroponics on 3 of them and General Organics on 3. Just want to try out different nutes and see what I run best with.The other two in the 2nd photo are mothers, the big one was given to me and Im not sure of genetics and the one on the pot is another Sour OG that I am planning on hanging onto, They will be fed HDI Mother A & B, Pro-tekt and GO CaMg+. For the past two weeks they have been sprayed with 3ml Azamax in 32 Ozs. RO water.

These were transplanted on September 6 2012.

First real grow   sour og
First real grow   sour og 2

9/15/2012
9 days since transplanting, the clones are ready to be watered again. I didn't think it was gonna take so long for them to dry up. When I planted them, I put them in Ocean Forest soil and figured what nutes are in it were good enough so I fed them straight RO water. This time around I split them up and gave 3 General Hydro and the other 3 General Organics. This is what I fed:

General Organics
In 1 1/2 gallons of RO .1 EC water
Final: PPM 330 Ph 5.9
2.5ml Pro-Tekt
3.5ml GO CaMg+
4ml Bio Thrive
4ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Marine
5ml Diamond Black

General Hydro
2 1/2 Gallons RO .1 EC water
Final: PPM 420 Ph 6.4
2.5ml Pro-Tekt
3ml Micro
5ml CaMg+
1.5ml Gro
1.5ml Bloom
3.75ml Rapid Start
1ml Flora Plus

and the 7th Sour OG(the bigger one) I am planning to keep as a mother and fed it:
1 gallon RO .1 EC water
Final: PPM 430 Ph 6.3
3.5ml Pro-Tekt
5ml CaMg+
4ml HDI Mother A
4ml HDI Mother B

Each plant received approx 64oz of water

The 1st picture is right after watering, 2nd is the next day(today). Plants on the left are GO and the right are GH, mother is on the far right for now.

First real grow   sour og 3
First real grow   sour og 4

9/22/2012
Took out the T-5 and started running the MH at 50%, so 300 watts, same day the plants were ready for another watering.

General Organics
2 gallons of RO .0 EC water
Final: PPM 710
5ml Pro-Tekt
10ml GO CaMg+
20ml Bio Thrive
20ml Bio Root
10ml Bio Marine
10ml Bio Weed
5ml Diamond Black

General Hydro
2 Gallons RO .0 EC water
Final: PPM 840 Ph 6.4
5ml Pro-Tekt
10ml Micro
10ml CaMg+
10ml Gro
5ml Bloom
5ml Rapid Start
2ml Flora Plus
15ml Flora Blend

Sour PG Mother:
1 gallon RO .0 EC water
Final: PPM 640 Ph 6.1
2.5ml Pro-Tekt
5ml CaMg+
8ml HDI Mother A
8ml HDI Mother B

I also ran the Ph and TDS of the runoff water and got a 6.3 Ph and 1740ppm/3.5 EC for the mother plant only.

I was kind of in a hurry when I was feeding and now see that I should probably be feeding the mother a little more. I am giving the smaller plants more ppm however the mother isn't getting all the extra supplements so maybe I am fine? It seems like the 6 aren't really thriving all that much in my opinion, what do you guys think?

First real grow   sour og 5
First real grow   sour og 6

First real grow   sour og 7
First real grow   sour og 8
First real grow   sour og 9
First real grow   sour og 10
First real grow   sour og 11
First real grow   sour og 12
First real grow   sour og 13

Vakman

Vakman

you have the right idea but you definitely need to feed more. 440 ppm is not near enough and 3.5 EC is wayyyy too much. smart pots are a great choice. keep ur ph closer to 6.0. i guarantee the 6 would be doing better if you had allowed them to veg for 2-8 weeks. i dont meant to sound like a dick just trying to give u as much info in a short amount of time. good luck bro.

meds215

meds215

you have the right idea but you definitely need to feed more. 440 ppm is not near enough and 3.5 EC is wayyyy too much. smart pots are a great choice. keep ur ph closer to 6.0. i guarantee the 6 would be doing better if you had allowed them to veg for 2-8 weeks. i dont meant to sound like a dick just trying to give u as much info in a short amount of time. good luck bro.

3.5 EC is what the water that is draining out of the bottom of the pot is at. I am still vegging, have not started flowering yet. Your good man, I got thick skin and need the constructive criticism. Any help here is greatly appreciated!!

Vakman

Vakman

ohhh word. well you need to take it down at least by 1.5 ive personally never grown it before so im unsure the ec. i always go EC not ppm the conversion rate is different depending on the meter. some ladies like 1.8ish most like a bit lower. im all about the meter but you need to look at the hoes n see what they want. if the fans are dark they are probably getting a little too high of feed. and NEVER unless flushing ever give a plant RO. also some ppl have great result using MH bulbs, but personally i use straight t-5s and occasionally use hps for veg. may sound crazy but they like it. p.m. me for some more details tips.

meds215

meds215

Can anyone tell me if these leaves look normal to you. Not sure if its normal or heat stress, this is my tallest plant and it's been getting pretty close to the hood. The leaves are twisted around and upside down. The ballast is only at 75%(450 watts) right now but I'm wondering if I should pull her out and just put it under a couple T-12s until I can get another tent up for the mothers.
DSCI0313
DSCI0317
DSCI0320
DSCI0323
DSCI0324
DSCI0325
DSCI0327
DSCI0330
DSCI0312
DSCI0309

N

NewBudz

Looks great bro. Be cautious with the nutes though, she looks really dark and lush IMO. She seems to me to be riding that fine line between lush/dense and overfed. It could the be lighting or the strain though of course. You're doin pretty good on nutes so far, so I'm sure you've got it taken care of.

As far as the curling, it could probly be a few things, but it doesn't look to serious. Heat might be a contributing factor, but usually heat stress would show differently. I'm thinking there's potential it could be the ph. I noticed that Vakman suggested a ph of 6.0. That is probably okay for veg, but something closer to 6.5 or maybe even a little higher would be better in my opinion. Under 6.5 and the plants don't have very good availability for P, Ca, and Mg. Not calling Vakman out or anything, just giving my opinion. I definitely would not want my soil below 6.0, that's for sure.

Oh and while I'm here I wanted to tell you that I smoked some sour OG just the other day and it was some fire. Kind of bad leaf to calyx ratio, but frosty as fuck.
While I was smoking it though, I was thinking about the genetics. And I'm wondering if somebody can tell me what the difference between Sour OG and Headband is? I assume different parents or different back crosses?

Vakman

Vakman

as far as the ph goes i never grow in soil all my plants are in coco so i only know what works for my system.

meds215

meds215

I was thinking about the genetics. And I'm wondering if somebody can tell me what the difference between Sour OG and Headband is? I assume different parents or different back crosses?

Thanks I appreciate the help.

Been doing a little reading since mine and Vakman's conversation and it appears that for soil my Ph is fine. Now I definitely don't want to disregard what you with experience have offered but I think 6.3-6.5 is right where I want to be according to the Ph chart in the Bible. However I will say my concern is going to be with bringing the EC of the runoff water down, you guys are right and I am probably feeding too much. But don't you think that since she hasn't burned yet and she is getting bigger, I could possibly take the Mother A & B down maybe 1 or 2 ml and I will probably be fine with that? and besides, isn't that fine line where we want to be?? lol naw jk Folks on another forum are telling me she looks perfect but I was kind of thinking she might be a tad bit dark as well.

From my research Sour OG is Sour Diesel x OG Kush, Headband is Sour Diesel x Master Kush x OG Kush

Thanks again guys!!

N

NewBudz

Thanks I appreciate the help.

Been doing a little reading since mine and Vakman's conversation and it appears that for soil my Ph is fine. Now I definitely don't want to disregard what you with experience have offered but I think 6.3-6.5 is right where I want to be according to the Ph chart in the Bible. However I will say my concern is going to be with bringing the EC of the runoff water down, you guys are right and I am probably feeding too much. But don't you think that since she hasn't burned yet and she is getting bigger, I could possibly take the Mother A & B down maybe 1 or 2 ml and I will probably be fine with that? and besides, isn't that fine line where we want to be?? lol naw jk Folks on another forum are telling me she looks perfect but I was kind of thinking she might be a tad bit dark as well.

From my research Sour OG is Sour Diesel x OG Kush, Headband is Sour Diesel x Master Kush x OG Kush

Thanks again guys!!
She does look pretty perfect besides those slight curling leaves. I wasn't sayin she's gettin dark and ugly, lol, just be cautious is all. And yeah, 6.3-6.5 is a good range, there shouldn't be any reason your leaves would curl at that ph, so that's one variable accounted for. Thanks for the info, I didn't know that Headband had Master Kush in it.

meds215

meds215

She does look pretty perfect besides those slight curling leaves. I wasn't sayin she's gettin dark and ugly, lol, just be cautious is all. And yeah, 6.3-6.5 is a good range, there shouldn't be any reason your leaves would curl at that ph, so that's one variable accounted for. Thanks for the info, I didn't know that Headband had Master Kush in it.

Naw I didn't take it like that at all lol.

meds215

meds215

All right you guys, it was time to water the mother Sour OG today. She even started wilting so I let her get real close. The others aren't quite ready yet.

6.4 Ph 720 PPM EC 1.4
6ml HDI Mother A
6ml HDI Mother B
2.5ml Pro-Tekt
5ml CaMg+

Run Off and this is where it get's sketchy
6.3Ph 2660PPM 5.3EC

Should I even be worried about runoff TDS because lately it has been getting higher and higher but I feel like I have been feeding it correctly. What do you guys think?

meds215

meds215

Still no updates. I am still waiting for the ladies to dry out a little more. It's taking quite a while, about a week and a half now between watering.

DSCI0336
N

NewBudz

A week and a half between waterings? Why? Are you drying them out on purpose? Or are they staying wet that whole week and a half? Cause that seems a little too long to stay wet IMO.

whitewidowweed

whitewidowweed

with runoff that high in ec i would do a flush with just ro till you get a good amount of runoff water then suck out the runoff and dump it

O

Organicyumyum

yo man, if you're feeding organically you don't need to waste your time checking ppm and ph. Soil is an amazing buffer and its damn near impossible to burn plants in soil with organic nutes unless you plant seedlings straight into a hot super soil.

meds215

meds215

A week and a half between waterings? Why? Are you drying them out on purpose? Or are they staying wet that whole week and a half? Cause that seems a little too long to stay wet IMO.

I know, I was thinking that was way too long my self. I'm letting them dry out a little more because I don't want to over water them. When I pick them up they are still kind of heavy, you have feel the water in the pot. Honestly I think I messed up when filling the pots with dirt, To help them sit up straight I actually packed the dirt in the pot. I wasn't stomping it in there or anything but I did pack them pretty well. That's my best guess.

with runoff that high in ec i would do a flush with just ro till you get a good amount of runoff water then suck out the runoff and dump it

Do you think the EC could be so high because I am using Ocean Forest as well as feeding nute's that are almost right on the levels that General Hydroponics calls for. This is another thing I think I screwed up on, perhaps if I was gonna use soil that is soo hot I should have waited a month or so to start feeding nutes?

yo man, if you're feeding organically you don't need to waste your time checking ppm and ph. Soil is an amazing buffer and its damn near impossible to burn plants in soil with organic nutes unless you plant seedlings straight into a hot super soil.

I am only feeding organically on three of the smaller plants. I know it may be a little confusing but I tend to over complicate things. What I have in this tent is one clone that I am going to keep as a mother, that's the bigger one she is a week ahead of the others, maybe two weeks. Then I have the six that I am going to run all the way through, three on General Hydroponics and the other three on General Organics. Just wanting to see which I prefer.

meds215

meds215

Ended up feeding one of the GH plants last night, she started wilting so I mixed up the following

1 1/2 Gallons RO .0 EC water
3.75ml Pro-Tekt
7.5ml CaMg+
15ml Grow
15ml Micro
7.5ml Bloom
3.75ml Rapid Start
1.5ml Flora Plus
15ml Flora Blend

Run off 6.1ph ppm was around 4000, pretty crazy, apparently I really need to get a handle on things soon.

The TDS ended up at 1490ppm/3.0 EC so I diluted with a little more water till I got to 1050ppm/2.1 EC, After adding just the Pro-Tekt and the CaMg+ to the water and before adding any other nute's I had a ppm of 320 and .6 EC so I subtracted this from the final and figure I am right around 730ppm. I ended up with approx. 2 1/2 gallons. After I fed the one plant a half gallon of the solution, I was looking at the leaves and noticed they were looking a little dark. So I am thinking I am going to give the other two GH clones straight Ph'd RO water and feed the GO clones the same I fed them last time. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom