First real grow, TX Popcorn

• Thread starter ScarabGlass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ScarabGlass

I dont think popcorn and high grade should ever be in the same sentence. Pop is just schwag. Non bricked schwag. Either its grown here or there. For 150 an oz I would say thats a rip because beasters is still 200 to 250.

Other then that good luck. I threw some schwag seeds outside the very first time I grew. Came out pretty good.

Either you smoke nothing but the greatest buds ever grown, or you need to get a new definition of schwag. I'm pretty sure I said this but the quality ranges from mid-dank(personal experience). I've had some pop that kept me high as shit for 2+ hours from one bowl shared with my wife. Not all pop is created equal. I believe I also said that the pop I grew with halogens was as good as the Island Sweet Skunk I had. It was better than the royal kush I got too. It also has alot to do with the individual. Each strain affects people differently. My wife and I often experience different highs from the same bowl. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here, but don't jump on my thread and bash what I'm growing. Instead you could have commented on how sexy my LST plants look, or they look healthy, or maybe you spot deficiencies. I prefer helpful replies. Your post brought absolutely nothing to the table. Next post you should try saying something positive about the grow instead of OMG, your genetics are garbage! Oh, if you are paying 150 an oz for pop, you are paying too much. :confused0054:

S

ScarabGlass

im a first time grower too but im sure i read on here that the pollen from the male will stop your girls producing THC, get him out man

Males do not start releasing pollen as soon as balls start forming. A pollinated female will put a hold on THC production to form seeds. I only have the 1000w hps, so pulling him right now isn't feasible. I'll wait for him to mature a bit more and let myself get some dough to set up a sep. box for him if I decide to keep him for pollen.

S

ScarabGlass

Well, I went to see how my babies were doing this morning and another male showed. I'm keeping my eye on another as well. It has possible nuts forming, but they're single. I'm hoping it throws pistils. I yanked both definite males. I just don't feel like going through the hassle of taking care of them. The other male was one of my LST vics. I was sad because I was looking forward to seeing it covered in buds. It's looking like it could be 50/50 male/female. I know 1 is a definite female.

S

ScarabGlass

I was bored lastnight so I went and hung out with my plants for a bit. The one I was keeping my eye on had popped some more balls. I yanked that fucker too. The 3 gal grow bags are full of roots. I might have to go with 5gal ones next time. I dumped the 3 male bags into a rubbermaid box and separated all the roots I could. It was like wads of hair buried under dirt lol. I'll be reusing the same soil is why I did that. It's weird that I had 6 plants with 3 showing indica and 3 showing sativa and all the indicas were males. I wonder if its possible for a sex pheno to exist. Maybe this bud is indica=male/sativa=female.

P.S. I also LST'd the side branches on the 2 remaining plants that I let grow naturally. The overwatered one looks slightly better today. I'm hoping for an oz at least off the 2 healthy ones. They're 15" and 12" tall. The side branches are as long or longer than that with decent inter-node spacing.

S

ScarabGlass

Today is the beginning of week 3 of 12/12. The tallest plant has some pistils. The other 2 are almost there. I took a bunch of pics with the light off and I'm gonna take some more with it on when my wife wakes me up. Been hittin on some Grape Ape all day, and I am amazed that I;m still concious. Then I'll have to sort through the medley and pic which ones to post. I should be able to go pick up some FF Big Bloom this week. They'll need water tomorrow(later today). As I actually am about to pass out, I'm off to bed. See you Farmers on the flip side.

S

ScarabGlass

Here are the pics from lastnight and this morning. Gonna be picking up some flower nutes today if I can remember wth I did with my wallet. I hope you all enjoy.

NightShot
5 16 11
5 16 112
5 16 113
5 16 114
AlteredCloseup
5 16 115
5 16 116
5 16 118
5 16 119
AC2
5 16 1110
5 16 1111
5 16 1112
5 16 1114
5 16 1116
5 16 1119
5 16 1122
DSC06918
5 16 1121
S

ScarabGlass

Some pics of my future clone/mom cab. It was hanging on the wall in my garage. Lined it with aluminum foil and foil tape. It is not finished yet. I just wanted to see how well a plant would do in there first as well as see if there are hot spots. I picked up a 6" inch booster fan and a 6"-4" reducer at my hydro shop. H2Grow. Awesome little shop with knowledgeable/helpful staff.

DSC06938
DSC06937
DSC06934
S

ScarabGlass

Day 8 of flower today. 2nd day of week 4 12/12. The ladies are doing well even with 2 of them nute burned. I've been giving nothing but water the past 3 feedings. I picked up some tiger bloom last week. Waiting to use it until I have the FFOF flushed real good. 2 more waterings probably before they start getting their flower nutes. The tallest girl is 24" with the other two sitting at around 18. Trichome production has started on the tallest. I couldn't get pics of them because the spot that has them is too small lol.

Here they are, hope you all enjoy.

DSC06960
DSC06961
DSC06962
DSC06963
DSC06964
DSC06965
DSC06966
DSC06967
DSC06968
DSC06969
DSC06970
DSC06971
DSC06972
DSC06973
DSC06974
DSC06975
DSC06976
DSC06977
S

ScarabGlass

HAHAHAHA dont get your panties in a wad.

Pop is pop no matter how you dress it up. I didn't say anything negative. Like your genetics are garbage. Why so defensive? Saying bashing you gear which isnt true. I cleared up some stuff about pop thats it. Pissing match wtf?

That was some 50 dollars an oz seeded to shit not even ok schwag and it came out pretty good. So much so it surprised me. What do you want me to "Bring to the table"? The title says first real grow. I commented on my first real grow. Using the same stuff. Dont get it wrong I dont pay $150 an oz for pop because I dont buy pop. Kind of defeats the purpose of growing weed for me.

If you want me to comment then The last couple of pics looks like you are overwatering a little. Other then that they look good. Keep doing what you are doing.

My "panties" are not wadded. You opened with I don't think pop and dank or high grade or whatever should be included in the same sentence. As that would be a contradiction to how I opened my thread. I took it as bashing. That's exactly what it looked like. I'm unclear as to what you cleared up too.

The one I LST'd, which is in the cabinet definitely got over watered if that is the one you're referring too.

S

ScarabGlass

:rain:worried
Well if you want to keep at it then I'll take the gloves off. I find it funny when I talk to people that compare pop to dank and even start to say it comes close to dank. I could say you are saying the same thing bout all the breeders out there coming with their "A" game and you are comparing their work to pop because its "just as good". People can have the best genetics and still grow the shittiest weed. Period. Maybe I'm blessed by not smoking shitty weed but to say those are even on the same page or even close is a total fabrication. For your first grow you are gonna tell me how it is now huh? With all those grows under your belt and all the different weeds you have sampled from all those runs? Dude you are fucking delusional. I know you want to prove your dick is 10 ft long but you need to learn NO ONE GIVES TWO SHITS! Grow your weed, meet some friends, get some new genetics, learn some stuff. Don't fish for comments. Comments come when they are deserved. Bring something to the table or get out of the way.

Oh by the way here ya go. Eat a bowl of this. That will chill you out. A lot more then pop will lol. Yummm ;) I'm done have a good thread. :character0029:

Finished_Product.jpg

LMAO, ok scrub. Whatever you say. If you refuse to read and comprehend my posts, you can act like a total cunt if you want. Just don't do it in my thread. I still am unclear as to what you cleared up. Since all you have done is talk shit in my thread. This is my first REAL grow. As in serious. I had a halogen grow and have attempted throughout the years to grow. I've researched as much as I can. I buy weed and smoke it too. My guy gets good genetics. If you would learn to fucking read, you would know this. I also said that the quality ranges. Again, since your intelligence is too lacking gtfo of my thread. You can take that bowl of ice cream and shove up your elitist ass. You don't have a goddamned clue about what I've smoked or haven't. You don't know me or anything like that. I find it funny when I talk to people that have their head so far up their ass they just spout nonsensical gibberish. You have yet to even reply to anything I've said to you. Now since you started bashing me personally, you can go fuck yourself.

S

ScarabGlass

Never once did I fish for comments. I said, instead of bashing, you could comment on something about my grow. Kind of like the over watering. You could maybe try to be kind and help out a fellow grower. Like I said though. You are no longer welcome in my thread. I will report any further posts from you in my thread.

S

ScarabGlass

Now that is out of the way, lets get to the update. Today is day 15 of flower. Ladies are doing well. I fed them yesterday with a half strength TB solution.

DSC06979
DSC06980
DSC06981
DSC06983
DSC06985
DSC06986
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
>>come on fella's this is the friendly farm:)<<

:passingjoint:

gtd

MEGA956

MEGA956

Basher's

//There will always be people like cemcris whose comments wont help anyone.
Instead of giving advice to a newbie his BASHING there first grow, and since
he talks like he runs SoCali I guess he knows his stuff.

//Just looked at some of your threads CC, and I gotta say you grow some
NICE med's. I'm surprised with all your knowledge you cant post some good
advice for this guys thread.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Again seriously where did I bash anyone? He came with the name calling not me. I was gonna try and help him and check it out because My very first grow was with bagseed from real shitty schwag and came out a cut above the rest. Anywho have a good thread.

BTW I live in Texas just like he does and you do. Lived here all my life. Never have been to Cali. Hey Thx for the props man.

S

ScarabGlass

Again seriously where did I bash anyone? He came with the name calling not me. I was gonna try and help him and check it out because My very first grow was with bagseed from real shitty schwag and came out a cut above the rest. Anywho have a good thread.

BTW I live in Texas just like he does and you do. Lived here all my life. Never have been to Cali. Hey Thx for the props man.

The thing is you did come in negatively. Your very first sentence was negative. Your 2nd post was mostly negative. The only thing mentioned about my grow specifically was that the last couple pics looked over watered. When I asked what you had cleared up your next post attacked me personally. Why would I not come at you like I did? I tried to be somewhat tactful. You still came in my thread with an implied negative attitude. I can't be delusional since I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I'm over it now. It doesn't even matter. A buddy of mine gave me a .25 of some Kali Mist for my birthday lastnight 'n' I'm high as shit. Any comments like the one about them being overwatered are welcome. It's not fishing, but someone might see something my untrained eye doesn't. All the research in the world doesn't outweigh experience.

EDIT: This is not my very first grow. It is my first serious one(meaning I have the shit I need to actually grow some real plants). I have had one harvest before this run. Multiple attempts. I had some growing in a pasture when I was 17 that a dog belonging to a friend of mine ate. I know it was this dog because I matched its prints and he came along when I showed my friend. They were about 3 weeks into veg and about 12" tall. 6 of them. I got busted in FTW when I was 19 with 19 seedlings. Charged with poss. u/2oz.

Latest posts

Top Bottom