First run 3x3 SCRog, Tent to full?

• Thread starter Calgarydurban
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Calgarydurban

Hello all,
Been collecting equipment for a while based on research on forums and such to try and get it all figured out and together but finally ready to get going. Started setting up before I Pop any seeds and it is looking cramped...

I already determined I don't have room for 15.5" metal plant dollies from amazon only ones would fit the 16" saucers.

3x3 MARS Hydro Tent - amazon wearhouse deal -shrugs-

6in inline fan with temp/humidity controller set 80f/60% filter->Fan->Exit Tent

Tower oscillating Fan in Right rear
8in Honeywell Fan left rear pointed up
6in clip on front top pointed down

300w LED bloomplus something
Plugged into kaza smart plug with timer set 6am on 11:59Pm off Veg setting

Inkbird wifi humid/Temp controller with
6l humidifier Front left 55% setting
Oil heater on low 300w? 23.5c setting

3x 5Gal Airpots on
13" drain stands
16" saucer to allow sampling

For watering at transition will make watering system have

6" water rings
1/2 valves and tubing
350 gpm aquarium pump
Wine making primary for reservoir mixing and pump

Plan to test and set valves so output is equal at each ring then time to 1 gal from each before set up for referencing and can plug into kaza smart switch for timing watering if I am away for a day or two or 3

For seedlings a dome/tray with 1 lt air pots and easy rooter. 12h soak ->rooter in Promix HP in 1lt air pot->Dome->Tent lights off but humidity/temp set as above for Veg->After seedlings stage 1lt pots onto trays and Veg till roots expose-> Transplant to 5 gal Pots -> lst star-> Veg train to net-> tuck and train u til getting close to edges flip to 12/12 -> 2 week flush before harvest

GH 6 part or 10.... suggestions are welcome for Pro Mix HP starting 10 days ish in ( Was initially going to do trio and cal mag but got gifted more furts by someone who moved and doesnt have room)

So looking cramped a bit here the tower fan is taking up the far right square of the scrog net. The oil heater is not in the middle as would be best and is several inches below the front 2 squares the plants will have to train over it..... This is also looking like 1.5-2 ' above the pots, Lil high for scrog?

Is this setup reasonable or should I downgrade some components, thinking tower fan to clip on oscillating but I hear they bread down fast. Also oil heater I had already perhaps a small ceramic would be smart instead of thos Hassel.

So 3 pots because I wanted 3 strains Moby Dick, Durban Poisen, Sour diesel. Next run I might try solo Inidica plant.

Thoughts in general are welcome.

First run 3x3 scrog tent to full
First run 3x3 scrog tent to full 2
First run 3x3 scrog tent to full 3
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I will try to come back later with more comments but generally, you want to condition the ROOM where your tent is and use fans to bring that air in to your tent. Get everything out of the tent that does not need to be there, ie your heater and humidifier. Been there done that in my early days.

C

Calgarydurban

I thought about a smaller room but was worried if it got too hot or humid in the smaller room there would be no point in the filter and 6in inline exaughst if the air on the outside is same.

Growing in Alberta its cold and dry, the basement right now is 30% and 16-18c. Seemed easier and more cost effective to condition the 3x3 tent instead of the 900 sqft basement.

S

Stonedfire

I've seen other growers put the heater inside. my leds get hot enough because I use a 680watt in 4x4. @SweetLeafGrow is right tho you are wasting space but if it's your first grow it's not as big a deal but if you think you can use more space maybe add another plant or veg longer. You should post the specs of the light so we can see how powerful it is.

C

Calgarydurban

So the issue I am running into I think is exhaust. The way I have things set up right now since it's cold and dry outside the tent if I put the fan on manually it straps the heat and humidity from the tent FAST. I might have to do something like a ti.er that runs the fan 5 min every hour that sound like enough? Also anyone thing the hourly 4c drop in temp and 25% drop in humidity will cause shock, the humidity and temp come back pretty quick with the heater and humidifier but it will still happen every time.

E

examiner

That's a lot of stuff on the floor for a 3x3. If you really need to keep it all in there, you might consider raising all your pots up off the floor, creating a subfloor of sorts for all your stuff to go under. But then you'll likely have to move your exhaust fan outside the tent to get your vertical space back.
It's the literal problem of trying to stuff 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag. But I always say, you never know til you try. Good luck!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello all,
Been collecting equipment for a while based on research on forums and such to try and get it all figured out and together but finally ready to get going. Started setting up before I Pop any seeds and it is looking cramped...

I already determined I don't have room for 15.5" metal plant dollies from amazon only ones would fit the 16" saucers.

3x3 MARS Hydro Tent - amazon wearhouse deal -shrugs-

6in inline fan with temp/humidity controller set 80f/60% filter->Fan->Exit Tent

Tower oscillating Fan in Right rear
8in Honeywell Fan left rear pointed up
6in clip on front top pointed down

300w LED bloomplus something
Plugged into kaza smart plug with timer set 6am on 11:59Pm off Veg setting

Inkbird wifi humid/Temp controller with
6l humidifier Front left 55% setting
Oil heater on low 300w? 23.5c setting

3x 5Gal Airpots on
13" drain stands
16" saucer to allow sampling

For watering at transition will make watering system have

6" water rings
1/2 valves and tubing
350 gpm aquarium pump
Wine making primary for reservoir mixing and pump

Plan to test and set valves so output is equal at each ring then time to 1 gal from each before set up for referencing and can plug into kaza smart switch for timing watering if I am away for a day or two or 3

For seedlings a dome/tray with 1 lt air pots and easy rooter. 12h soak ->rooter in Promix HP in 1lt air pot->Dome->Tent lights off but humidity/temp set as above for Veg->After seedlings stage 1lt pots onto trays and Veg till roots expose-> Transplant to 5 gal Pots -> lst star-> Veg train to net-> tuck and train u til getting close to edges flip to 12/12 -> 2 week flush before harvest

GH 6 part or 10.... suggestions are welcome for Pro Mix HP starting 10 days ish in ( Was initially going to do trio and cal mag but got gifted more furts by someone who moved and doesnt have room)

So looking cramped a bit here the tower fan is taking up the far right square of the scrog net. The oil heater is not in the middle as would be best and is several inches below the front 2 squares the plants will have to train over it..... This is also looking like 1.5-2 ' above the pots, Lil high for scrog?

Is this setup reasonable or should I downgrade some components, thinking tower fan to clip on oscillating but I hear they bread down fast. Also oil heater I had already perhaps a small ceramic would be smart instead of thos Hassel.

So 3 pots because I wanted 3 strains Moby Dick, Durban Poisen, Sour diesel. Next run I might try solo Inidica plant.

Thoughts in general are welcome.
Hey, welcome. I've a 3x3 and I'm in Nova Scotia. last year I used a 75 w reptile heat lamp for a while and it worked well enough to bring my temps up from 70f - 75f not enough so I added another and that brought my temp up to 78f.....great until I melted the door flap on a lamp I got it just before it melted the zipper. Heat lamps can work but you gotta watch them

I bought a fined heater like the one you have and it works but it creates a hot spot without a fan blowing on it.

I got a 5x5 this year and I'm only using 3x5 for a scrog and the front 2x5 is for my heater, fans & humidifiers......I'm in the same boat as you...heat my entire basement to 78f or just the tents.....I like the idea of a lung room but it's just not practical for me,. I only add heat with lights on, my house is warm enough for them through lights out.

C

Calgarydurban

Hey, welcome. I've a 3x3 and I'm in Nova Scotia. last year I used a 75 w reptile heat lamp for a while and it worked well enough to bring my temps up from 70f - 75f not enough so I added another and that brought my temp up to 78f.....great until I melted the door flap on a lamp I got it just before it melted the zipper. Heat lamps can work but you gotta watch them

I bought a fined heater like the one you have and it works but it creates a hot spot without a fan blowing on it.

I got a 5x5 this year and I'm only using 3x5 for a scrog and the front 2x5 is for my heater, fans & humidifiers......I'm in the same boat as you...heat my entire basement to 78f or just the tents.....I like the idea of a lung room but it's just not practical for me,. I only add heat with lights on, my house is warm enough for them through lights out.
How do you run your ventalation fans? I set a 20 program digital timer.er I had for 5min per hour and 10 min every 2 hour when lights are off to get the entire 24h period.

I have a feeling seedlings won't need the exaughst fan with the air vent open at the bottom but will use the time to get it figured out before they fill out the 1lt containers and need transplant to 5 gal. I have a tower circ fan and Honeywell on the floor right now moving the air around to keep it consistent.

I ordered a inkbird co2 meter to trail for a bit and see if I can make sense of the CO2 levels in the basement air vs the tent between venting and try to look for some literature reference prob just typical CO2 concentration for air...If it's dropping CO2 noticeablely I will increase the vent time every hour if the CO2 isn't getting back to neutral if it's going neutral with basement in 5 min but simply not make it a whole hour I will consider trying the 6in fan at say 10% 24/7.

It only takes 5-10 min do drop from 24c to 20c and 55% to 30% and about another 5-10 min to get back to 24-25c and 56%.

I rather not run the heater and humidifier 24/7 just to battle a vent fan 24/7 if it's not required or just don't grow in winter if there is no solution.

Screenshot 20230102 131949 Elitech iCold
C

Calgarydurban

How do you run your ventalation fans? I set a 20 program digital timer.er I had for 5min per hour and 10 min every 2 hour when lights are off to get the entire 24h period.

I have a feeling seedlings won't need the exaughst fan with the air vent open at the bottom but will use the time to get it figured out before they fill out the 1lt containers and need transplant to 5 gal. I have a tower circ fan and Honeywell on the floor right now moving the air around to keep it consistent.

I ordered a inkbird co2 meter to trail for a bit and see if I can make sense of the CO2 levels in the basement air vs the tent between venting and try to look for some literature reference prob just typical CO2 concentration for air...If it's dropping CO2 noticeablely I will increase the vent time every hour if the CO2 isn't getting back to neutral if it's going neutral with basement in 5 min but simply not make it a whole hour I will consider trying the 6in fan at say 10% 24/7.

It only takes 5-10 min do drop from 24c to 20c and 55% to 30% and about another 5-10 min to get back to 24-25c and 56%.

I rather not run the heater and humidifier 24/7 just to battle a vent fan 24/7 if it's not required or just don't grow in winter if there is no solution.
Takes about 30min without the vent fan for heater to kick in after shutting down prob runs like 4h out of 24 added up

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I don't monitor my grow like that, I've an exhaust fan set on low now and passive air intake. In the summer I turn it up full speed for more air flow to keep my temps down with a dedicated intake line. As long as My veg closet is above 55% and 76f I'm happy and My flower tent or room can be the same or lower but I'm not looking for perfect numbers just close. My humidifiers have a set point that I try and balance with the environment as best I can.... If its 20% outside it'll be cold here and there's no way I can get my humidity up to 60% I just do the best I can and hope for the best

C

Calgarydurban

For what it's worth once I got the light up to 60% the LED generated enough heat that the fan was required and once veg kicked in the humidity rose quickly. In the end to maintain temps I had to get a dehumidifier in the tent to keep the fan from running too much for high humidity brining in cold air.

Had to double my plant stands up for awhile to clear the heater and dehumidifier. Took them out now that screen is mostly full and I am flipping.

20230227 193127
C

Calgarydurban

Few more updated photos. Still little unsure about pruning. Some say before flip some say wait 2 weeks after. Think I will clean up a little today but not much. This is two plants not the 3 I intended to go with. Left is durban poisen right is .oby dick. I have some doubts on the durban it's more of a Bush the on on the right was fast to grow and strechy easy to tuck like sativa was expecting the other one I wonder if it's really an indica or hybrid.... how much trust do you give seed king online eh

20230305 172651
20230305 172646
20230305 172639
20230305 172659
Top Bottom