First run on the Gavita 1700.

• Thread starter BigE77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

wonderful passion and grow design bro! When you took the pictures above, do you typically keep the led lights that high? I’m preety sure they need to be closer? My spydrx plus is 6-8 inches ? Just check what the manufacture says and watch the plants ( just make sure to always dim the Led’s , but you know that cause your plants look great!)

my suggestion if you don’t know it

Led temps:
80-85f (canopy temp)
co2:900-1500 ppm
nute and micro nutes (25%+)

vpd flower 1.2-1.5 vpd
if you need a good guide on vpd:

co2 and ppfd Strengeth and feeding charts for led’s environment, explained fully :

Okie338

Okie338

I've heard nothing but great reviews about them, I think people get 10 out of shape about that light because they don't wanna spend the money! I've seen nothing but amazing results. I have one but haven't run it though a full grow. Since you can adjust with a dimmer, I would put about 65 to 70 percent and drop it down to about 15 inches. See how it goes. I've had amazing results with every life that I've use that about 15 inches. Mine was so powerful that 100% that it started fox tailing my buds after 12 hours.!

2DFC5189 4F6D 4768 BCF3 C50649B98122
mikeross

mikeross

Tagged for more updates. I know they make an adapter that allowed you to use the gavita controller and also dim the lights. Do you know if 1 adapter can control multiple lights or do you need to buy an adapter for each light?

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Bump to the above question.

My 3x 1700e will be here in 2 days.

@sshz
I keep trying to dm you, but it's a locked account.

sshz

sshz

I'll fill in some answers here........ yes, you need an adapter (about $138 delivered each) for each LED but only 1 controller which can control over 500 lights inline (I think) with splitters and such. Go to the Gavita.com webite, everything is explained pretty well there. I just traded (and bought) everything I need to set up everything, I just need to find the time and energy to make the connections get to it so check my thread for updates.

Gavita recommends 24-36 inches height over the canopy in veg, and 18 inches in flowering. I played with the height the bit, at 100% power, my last grow. I'd say 36 inches 1st 2 weeks, 30 inches week 3 and 24-28 inches the rest of veg......... and 18 inches throughout flowering but I still went up and down a few inches there too. No matter what, make sure you have enough air flow around the plants and canopy to avoid issues.

There is really no advantage to move the lights closer than stated heights, unless you are cranking in the CO2 at high amounts and the strain reacts well to it. No need to over push it though, you'll just end up with the plants over reacting in bad ways. Stay within the limits, it will work out fine. I also ended up fertilizing about 30% in the ppm, so I went lower not higher. The Cal/Mag was run pretty high also.

I'll look into my IM's here, but I get them all the time.

sshz

sshz

Did some stem rubbing tonight and the smell staggered me a bit...... I made notes the 1st time I grew it that said it was stinky but at 3 weeks veg, the rubbings were great! Some room pic's up tomorrow.

Johngr

Johngr

First time indoor grower. Decided to run with the Gavitas. I know some have a bad taste about them. Any advice would be helpful. Just starting to weave my them. Day 23 Veg.
Perfect length for these lights dope set up how does Mylar do with led I’ve never seen anyone do that but Id like to know your opinion on results

Johngr

Johngr

I just ran my first marathon with 2 gavitas and first thing I did after I it everything down was buy 4 more!!! to anyone speaking bad about these fixturesill Bet you crop for crop they Give you better results with exactly the same methods.

Top Bottom