first shatter run....critique plz?

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

ok, well i have made bho once before with a home made kit just to test it...but this was my first time making actual shatter with a real kit(glass tube, purge)...an i must say i am impressed at how much i actually got....but im just a shatter noob so maybe someone could tell me if i did good or no?

i ran 7 tubes of deezyD trim (each tube was about 2 oz) and used 2 cans of puretane butane per tube of trim(14 cans total).. then purged it at 105F for about 8 hours until no air bubbles were left, result was some killer shatter that just shatters too easily lol...was hoping o have it a bit softer, lessons to learn i guess...

anyways, total harvest 48.1 grams..... so is that good from 14 oz of trim and 14 cans of tane?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
If my math is correct thats a 29% yeild.. WOW Good job dood! Ive pulled those numbers only a cpl times from NUGS not trim...

You did good :D Tho i would swap out the glass tube for something unbreakable... Those will break eventually and you don't wanna be holding it when it does.

As far as why its full on glass shatter. Thats just the nature of running Trim. Theres less moister in trim so you end up with shatter quicker then you would if you ran terp filled nugs w/ slight bits of water left in.

1 can per ounce is about right purge temp is right.. 8 hours is a long time but some go even longer :D

A picture of your final product would be dope :D

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

If my math is correct thats a 29% yeild.. WOW Good job dood! Ive pulled those numbers only a cpl times from NUGS not trim...

You did good :D Tho i would swap out the glass tube for something unbreakable... Those will break eventually and you don't wanna be holding it when it does.

As far as why its full on glass shatter. Thats just the nature of running Trim. Theres less moister in trim so you end up with shatter quicker then you would if you ran terp filled nugs w/ slight bits of water left in.

1 can per ounce is about right purge temp is right.. 8 hours is a long time but some go even longer :D

ya my friend too k a pic with his iphone yesterday..ill get him to send it to me so i can post it up......thought the pic is only the large piece that came off in one piece, which was roughly 29 grams if i recall correctly...ill post up that pic later today....the rest of it was shattered and had to be pulled up from bits and pieces

edit....large piece was 37 grams...rest was crumbs that was collected and tried to stick back together

Last edited:
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i think im closer to 13-14% return...ya 13% i believe ....
i think your math is off....a 29% yield would be from 165 grams of trim, no? a 29% yield of 14 oz of trim would be 113.7 gram yield...no?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Your right i wasn't turning the ounces into grams lol * See what happens when you try and run a calculator stoned! * :P

lemmie math that again..

12.2% :D Still a Great yield for trim run :D

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

20141026 210048
here is the pic

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

thx, btw in that pic what i have in my hand has been folded over, so what your looking at is 2 layers....which is why i think it looks darker in pic than in real life.....while it was still warm was able to fold it

gumby420

gumby420

8 hours is a long time?! i do 3-5 day purges, not leaving any tane in my oil

V

VirtuallyHi

Any Idea the potency of your shatter? From what I've read it could be 6 times higher.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

no idea i dont test it or have a way to test it...but from what ppl have told me its much better than what they get elsewhere ...but i think thats because i purge mine here as most ppl in my area dont

Top Bottom