first shoot at coco, couple of questions

• Thread starter mrduke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrduke

so heres what i got going, running 12 sour d, 12 grape stompers and 16 blackberry kush, the bbk are straight from clone well rooted in 1g pot, while the rest veg 2 weeks in 2g pots. All are in readygro airation mix, on the bag it says water 4-6 times a day. I've been flooding them 3 times a light cycle and the pots seem to be way wet, if i lift them up and tilt them a couple ounces of water will run out. should i cut the down to 2 floods a day??? I know coco needs to be keeped wet, the plants seem to be doing great ust dont want issues down the road. if it matters i feed jungle juice in the lucas fomula at right around 8-900 ppm with cal mag and some various additives left over from the last few runs

M

mrduke

anyone else use the airation mix if so how often do you water

P

potgutz

Drop it down to two see how that goes duke u don't really want that water sitting at the bottom like that . GL

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
just keep it consistent so the roots willgrow accordingly

M

mr.stankydank

overwatering

usally if the drain holes are not blocked,water should drain on its on, the aeration bonanicare coco is 50 % perlite and ammendments for draining, sometimes a 5 degree slant on ur tables aids in draining more effectivly.. coco is supposed to be 30 % h20, and 70 percent oxygen holding capacity..u are irrigatting too much. once a day is more then enough, unless u have a five foot plant in 3 gallon bucket , and its flowering and drinking it dry , then irrigate more..the most important thing about vegging and coco is the nitrogen lockout , cal mag is needed during veg, and some during flowering..if ur plants dont seem to be growing ,pale yellow .its the nitrogen lockout...if ur feet were in water all day ,all week , all night , how would they be?? treat ur roots the same way..medium shound not be swampy......always use plain water between fertilizing,to wash out salts prevent buildup,..hope this helps, been growing with coco for 6 years,, never using rookwool ever again..
:banana1sv6:

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
i always add perilite big chunks to my coco did it with sunshine number 4 then started mixin promix with it too, i like my shit to dry quicker

M

mrduke

all seems to be going just fine at 3 floods pre light cycle theres a few drips in the contianers when lifted but no worried bout that the girls look to be loving it....... allmost to much starting to get over-crowded, oh well could be worse

nuttso

nuttso

usally if the drain holes are not blocked,water should drain on its on, the aeration bonanicare coco is 50 % perlite and ammendments for draining, sometimes a 5 degree slant on ur tables aids in draining more effectivly.. coco is supposed to be 30 % h20, and 70 percent oxygen holding capacity..u are irrigatting too much. once a day is more then enough, unless u have a five foot plant in 3 gallon bucket , and its flowering and drinking it dry , then irrigate more..the most important thing about vegging and coco is the nitrogen lockout , cal mag is needed during veg, and some during flowering..if ur plants dont seem to be growing ,pale yellow .its the nitrogen lockout...if ur feet were in water all day ,all week , all night , how would they be?? treat ur roots the same way..medium shound not be swampy......always use plain water between fertilizing,to wash out salts prevent buildup,..hope this helps, been growing with coco for 6 years,, never using rookwool ever again..
:banana1sv6:

Hi buddy,

can you be more specific about this nitrogen lockout issue?

Top Bottom