First Soil Auto

• Thread starter mole83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mole83

I was sent 2 auto seeds as a freebies with a seed order I did so thought I would try a couple in my small spare tent (80 by 80 by 160) in some soil. I have one Lemon Auto and one Critical Auto and I planted them straight into a 12 litre pot each and my first question is should I have gone larger than this or will they be okay?

My next question is feeding as I discovered how touchy they can be to even moderate nutrient levels in hydro systems so I bought a light mix so should I be feeding them on a quarter strength feeds once they start to show symptoms of hunger or should it be safe to start applying it once a week now? They have only had a small dose of mag cal on latest watering this evening.

here is picture below of them around 2 weeks from germination, its the two in centre of picture as others are just small mothers and there is a little droop as it was just before lights out at 18 hours. Also ignore that temp Guage it is faulty, digital one reads 26c and 50% rh

First soil auto First soil auto 2

Blindguy420

Blindguy420

I was sent 2 auto seeds as a freebies with a seed order I did so thought I would try a couple in my small spare tent (80 by 80 by 160) in some soil. I have one Lemon Auto and one Critical Auto and I planted them straight into a 12 litre pot each and my first question is should I have gone larger than this or will they be okay?

My next question is feeding as I discovered how touchy they can be to even moderate nutrient levels in hydro systems so I bought a light mix so should I be feeding them on a quarter strength feeds once they start to show symptoms of hunger or should it be safe to start applying it once a week now? They have only had a small dose of mag cal on latest watering this evening.

here is picture below of them around 2 weeks from germination, its the two in centre of picture as others are just small mothers and there is a little droop as it was just before lights out at 18 hours. Also ignore that temp Guage it is faulty, digital one reads 26c and 50% rh

View attachment 519924 View attachment 519925
12L pots are fine. I've done several autos the past 3yrs and I've never used more than a 3gal pot and they never got rootbound. To your second question I've always stayed below 800PPM with autos. They are sensitive and easy to stunt or kill. I just give them qtr dose for first 3 weeks and then half 500-800ppm. Just get a problem chart and watch for signs of defiencey. For the most part Nitrogen,potassium,phosphorus,cal mag and molasses is all I give them. Let me know if you need anything else

M

mole83

12L pots are fine. I've done several autos the past 3yrs and I've never used more than a 3gal pot and they never got rootbound. To your second question I've always stayed below 800PPM with autos. They are sensitive and easy to stunt or kill. I just give them qtr dose for first 3 weeks and then half 500-800ppm. Just get a problem chart and watch for signs of defiencey. For the most part Nitrogen,potassium,phosphorus,cal mag and molasses is all I give them. Let me know if you need anything else

Thanks for advise.

I have been feeding with low nutrients around a quarter strength, the one that is stretching and starting to flower is very healthy looking, the other one started to stretch an shoot pistols just today but looks a little short of nitrogen but I did feed yesterday with watering so hopefully it will green up.

Had a mg deficiency start 10 days ago with chlorotoic patches forming on first and second true leaves however it quickly stopped when I watered with mag-cal at a slightly higher ph to help plant absorb it.

Anyway here are pictures 10 days on from last to show you progress.

20150711 200053 20150711 200112 20150711 200120

M

mole83

Another update as second one has started to flower properly and the first one is budding up nicely with vertical stretch halting about 2 weeks ago.

Barely feeding them anything whatsoever, quarter strength feed once a week, maybe I could increase this a little more?

Leaf droop on the lighter leaved plant is just because they are near end of light cycle.

20150728 190736 20150728 190747 20150728 190756 Auto flower

Colbgro

Colbgro

Ive started to grow Autos and after many attempts and fails, countless advice and reading,Id say it can be challenging to beginners. I've come to know for certain 3 evident truths. 1. Autos hate being transplanted, although Ive seen successful autos transplanted I tend to stay clear of this THEY DON'T LIKE IT LOL!!! 2. Autos hate stress and over fertilizing and watering can spell disaster. As autos have short life cycles they don't have time to recover and flower and this could lead to stunted growth and a waste of time. 3. Autos love the light so give them plenty. Best of luck buddy. Here is my indoor Flash seeds #1

20150801 194029
20150801 194059
20150801 194133
M

mole83

Ive started to grow Autos and after many attempts and fails, countless advice and reading,Id say it can be challenging to beginners. I've come to know for certain 3 evident truths. 1. Autos hate being transplanted, although Ive seen successful autos transplanted I tend to stay clear of this THEY DON'T LIKE IT LOL!!! 2. Autos hate stress and over fertilizing and watering can spell disaster. As autos have short life cycles they don't have time to recover and flower and this could lead to stunted growth and a waste of time. 3. Autos love the light so give them plenty. Best of luck buddy. Here is my indoor Flash seeds #1

I have a seed that I was sent free again called flash babylon which I shall try in a month when mine have finished. They seem small did you stunt them?

I did transplant both of these from small plugs but I did before the tap root was even showing to minimize shock which seems to have worked.

Colbgro

Colbgro

Yeah i had that plant in a grow bag with another auto which grew faster, I also had a prob with the soiless mix I started it in. I did get a couple males and chucked some pollen so I atleast got some seeds to start again. Got some NL x BB autos so gna try them in a few months. Let me know how urs turn out buddy :)))

Blindguy420

Blindguy420

Sorry mole I've been caught up with work. How they looking. When it comes to autos I've always liked think different and berry Ryder an blue critical. Best yield I've had was 72 grams dry from a think different. Ppm never went over 800 and she finished in 78 days from seed. You're last update they looked good. Node spacing was a little much but autos will do what they want. I tell you what tho my last autos did better under 8bulb T5 mixed spectrum than under 2 600 hps. Go figure. Avg like 42-56 grams from the 2 600s and got 72,56,63 from 4ft 8bulb T5. Autos really need mixed spectrum I think cause there growing until day 45-55 and then focus on bud production last 21-28 days. How do you PM ? I'm new to the forum thing

M

mole83

Sorry mole I've been caught up with work. How they looking. When it comes to autos I've always liked think different and berry Ryder an blue critical. Best yield I've had was 72 grams dry from a think different. Ppm never went over 800 and she finished in 78 days from seed. You're last update they looked good. Node spacing was a little much but autos will do what they want. I tell you what tho my last autos did better under 8bulb T5 mixed spectrum than under 2 600 hps. Go figure. Avg like 42-56 grams from the 2 600s and got 72,56,63 from 4ft 8bulb T5. Autos really need mixed spectrum I think cause there growing until day 45-55 and then focus on bud production last 21-28 days. How do you PM ? I'm new to the forum thing

They are coming on well. I think the one of the left (lemon auto) is only a couple weeks off the finish line with the one on right (critical auto) maybe 3-4 weeks off. I have been watering them once every 3 days on average with around 1.5 litres each of just plain ph'd 6.2 tap water and then every Sunday they get a quarter strength dutch pro soil feed which is 1 ml per litre of A+B, multi total (1 ml per litre), explode (1.5ml per litre) and then I also put 0.5ml per litre of mag-cal because they seem to need more under the LED. I have not even checked what the ppm of solution is but I expect it is around 800ppm.

There is a little yellowing on the top leaves which was from led getting too close before I moved into the taller tent so now light is around 2 feet away and the leaves are greening back up slowly.

Hoping to get around 30-50g per plant.
20150816 182416 20150818 104543

Last edited:
M

mole83

okay so its just about at the 6 week mark for flowering and 5 weeks for the right one and I have a lot of fan leaves now yellowing and dropping off through to nitrogen deficiency, seems a little early to me for so much yellowing?
Yellow2 Yellow

Top Bottom