First Time Auto Flower Grow In Soil....need Info Please!

• Thread starter Civicsi06
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Hey everyone! This is my first time growing an auto flower in soil and would like some input if possible. This is what I will be using:

Auto Flower Seed
Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil
Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
8 Quart bag of Perlite
3 Gallon soft sided pot
*Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed Extract
*Botanicare Cal mag Plus
*Canna cannazym
*General Hydroponics Flora Nova Grow and Bloom

I am wondering if I should start using the seaweed extract and cannazym the first week when watering and if not, then when should I start using them if at all? I am completely new to al of this so all help would be appreciated! I seen that some ppl would not even feed their plants the grow nutrients for atleast 3 weeks but I couldn't find any info on all the other liquids I have. Please help!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I would just use straight water until the cotyledons dry up. You could adjust your water to around 6.5 ph but I dont even do that, I use straight tap that sits out overnight until I start feeding them, then I adjust the PH after adding nutrients.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

I would just use straight water until the cotyledons dry up. You could adjust your water to around 6.5 ph but I dont even do that, I use straight tap that sits out overnight until I start feeding them, then I adjust the PH after adding nutrients.
so there would be no need to use the seaweed extract or cannazym at any point?

Bajocassus

Bajocassus

This is my second auto grow. The three on top are the autos. The big one popped Feb. 3rd and the other two Feb. 10th. This time I used FFOF. Today was the first "feed". Until today I used tap water that sat for 48 hours. I did soak the pots on the first day of sprout. I had no issues with the FFOF other than gnats for which I used nematodes and within a week they were minimal. I did PH the tap water to 6.8 using NFTG PH UP. Hope this helps some. Good luck!
IMG 2351

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

This is my second auto grow. The three on top are the autos. The big one popped Feb. 3rd and the other two Feb. 10th. This time I used FFOF. Today was the first "feed". Until today I used tap water that sat for 48 hours. I did soak the pots on the first day of sprout. I had no issues with the FFOF other than gnats for which I used nematodes and within a week they were minimal. I did PH the tap water to 6.8 using NFTG PH UP. Hope this helps some. Good luck!View attachment 677514
Very nice looking girls you have there! So it seems I should just use water for the first 3-4 weeks and nothing else then? Also, how did you germinate? Did you do a transplant?

Bajocassus

Bajocassus

I germinated in a papertowel within a plastic bag to keep humidity. When I had a sprout about 2" I put them in the soil I intended to keep them in. I watched closely because I didn't trust the FFOF to keep them rolling in health but it did. Play it by ear but I had an easy process of it.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

I germinated in the a papertowel within a plastic bag to keep humidity. When I had a sprout about 2" I put them in the soil I intended to keep them in. I watched closely because I didn't trust the FFOF to keep them rolling in health but it did. Play it by ear but I had an easy process of it.
OK thanks! Once I have the seed germinated and planted in the soil, should I use a heat mat under the pot to help warm the soil? Also, I have a 300w LED grow light in my tent but since it is a small tent the highest I can put my light from the pot is around 34" and I am nervous this may be to much for the small plant. I have this other LED light, would this work ok until the plant grows a bit more before switching to the other light? This is the small light I have:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GNWK2XO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bajocassus

Bajocassus

I use a heat mat because the temps still drop into the 50's at night. When it warms up I'll ditch that. I use a 400w SpectrumKing. I have it about 18" from the tallest plant. That seems to be the distance that I feel very little heat on my hand. That's how I check the light distance. Not exact but it works. If it feels hot to my hand I raise it. I've tried two other lights, a 200w LED and a 300w purplish SpectrumKing. I feel this 400w is giving me better results. I veg in my shed and then move them to my greenhouse so I have little input on flowering with electric lighting but from what I've read here on the forums if your light is too far you'll get unwanted stretch. Give the hand thing a try, in my opinion it's adequate to keep the plants from light/heat burn.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Untitled1
Hey everyone! Ok so I started my auto flower in soil and I think she is doing well. She is 9 days old. So far no nutrients just water. I am using 2 CFL 5000k bulbs right now on a 18/6 cycle. At what point should I move her into my grow tent under the LED light? Here are some pics I took today:

Untitled
Untitled2

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Its big enough to put under led, just keep it at least a few feet away.

Top Bottom