First time breeding for personal use

• Thread starter SHiNi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SHiNi

SHiNi

Hey guys I'm an outdoor grower and during the winter time I grow bagseed and this year I have found a gem in my opinion. Structure is there ,Vigour is there and he smells dank from a young age and when you do a stem rub it is sticky and dank the smell lingers on your fingers a whole while after you did the rub. And the smoke is 2 puffs stoned brain dead. Only thing is it's a male and I have 5 seeds left of that same batch and there is one female growing with him. I I'll pollinate that female and store the rest of the pollen and hunt through those "f1's"
To find the exact same plant but in female form.
I took a clone of the male and the female to keep as parents just incase something goes wrong along the line.
Now I want to ask you guys if and when I find the pheno I'm looking for in female form do I reverse it ? And keep as seed?
Or do I backcross it to the father to stabilize it ?
Or where do I go from here ?
Thanks in advance

Bilber

Bilber

Thank you SHiNi.....I'm just starting down this path also.....I know this road is traveled frequently......we just gotta sit back and burn a couple few, while we wait for..............

SHiNi

SHiNi

Id backcross it. Id also keep the originals around, if possible.
Morning thank you so I backcross it then that f1 pheno traits will be locked in ? Or do I have to do multiple backcrosses to get it locked in or does this occur with the first backross?
How many times can you backcross before you run into problems due to narrowing the gene pool too much ?
If back crossed more then once will the plant inherit more of the parents genes that's its backcrossed to with every backcross ?
Sorry for the lot of questions but these are just the things I want to understand so that I can make informed decisions on the way forward

SHiNi

SHiNi

Thank you SHiNi.....I'm just starting down this path also.....I know this road is traveled frequently......we just gotta sit back and burn a couple few, while we wait for..............
True Brother I think I should also start rolling a few and assemble the rig also cause it looks like we gonna be here for a while...lol

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

If you find a female you like and use the male that you love to pollenate it out of those seeds find the best you like then the back cross it with that the male it will take more of the males traits since you used the same pollen twice.
Or if you like the female a lot you can use the pollen then out of those seed you find your favorite you can self it to really lock in those traits from that plant and the seeds will be feminized.
A quick easy way to self a plant without sprays is wait till the 2 or 3rd week of flower with a Female plant then separate it from the rest then put a flashing red light on it for a hour a night I used YouTube on my cellphone it will stress the plant out because it won’t get a chance to properly rest there for making it hermie on purpose.
I know it 👇 says Autoflower but I’m just using that as a example of helping lock in traits
IMG 2345

Some link for more knowledge

SHiNi

SHiNi

If you find a female you like and use the male that you love to pollenate it out of those seeds find the best you like then the back cross it with that the male it will take more of the males traits since you used the same pollen twice.
Or if you like the female a lot you can use the pollen then out of those seed you find your favorite you can self it to really lock in those traits from that plant and the seeds will be feminized.
Thanks bro appreciate the info so correct me if I'm wrong please 🙏 been doing some reading and just want to make sure I got it right.

P1xP2 = F1
Phenohunt F1
F1 x P2 (Male) = BX1
Giving me BX1 ?
Phenohunt BX1
BX1 x P2 = BX2
Reverse BX2 and then I have feminized Seeds of BX2 ?

1. Will the resulting feminized seeds be exactly like the BX2 or will there be variation ?
2. Reversing the BX2 which has mostly P2 ( male ) genes from what I read Reversing using STS or colloidal silver will remove the male chromosomes making the pollen feminized. Won't this remove the genes I got from the father aswell ?
This is what is confusing me truly 😵‍💫
3. I would rather use the STS method to reverse as the products needed I can get from work and I don't want hermie pollen from the red flashing light method

Thank you in advance 🙏
P.S. I'm not trying to be funny or anything I just want to understand my second question then I'll fully understand. I don't want to make the crosses and when it comes to the end product I don't have the plant I want and won't find that same pheno because if I'm successfull in creating what I want I'm discarding the parents and put the rest of the feedstock obtained in storage because I got what I wanted from that strain so I don't have to keep the parents and clones etc coz that's space I can use to grow some of the normal clones I grow

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Thanks bro appreciate the info so correct me if I'm wrong please 🙏 been doing some reading and just want to make sure I got it right.

P1xP2 = F1
Phenohunt F1
F1 x P2 (Male) = BX1
Giving me BX1 ?
Phenohunt BX1
BX1 x P2 = BX2
Reverse BX2 and then I have feminized Seeds of BX2 ?

1. Will the resulting feminized seeds be exactly like the BX2 or will there be variation ?
2. Reversing the BX2 which has mostly P2 ( male ) genes from what I read Reversing using STS or colloidal silver will remove the male chromosomes making the pollen feminized. Won't this remove the genes I got from the father aswell ?
This is what is confusing me truly 😵‍💫
3. I would rather use the STS method to reverse as the products needed I can get from work and I don't want hermie pollen from the red flashing light method

Thank you in advance 🙏
P.S. I'm not trying to be funny or anything I just want to understand my second question then I'll fully understand. I don't want to make the crosses and when it comes to the end product I don't have the plant I want and won't find that same pheno because if I'm successfull in creating what I want I'm discarding the parents and put the rest of the feedstock obtained in storage because I got what I wanted from that strain so I don't have to keep the parents and clones etc coz that's space I can use to grow some of the normal clones I grow
STS makes your Fem plant Hermie that’s how you get feminized pollen which can be accomplished with the red light or you can buy STS or colloidal silver the spray just kinda makes it easier I only got it to cross Auto’s. The BX2 won’t be Fems unless you use pollen from a female plant. It will get rid of the male chromosomes but not the gene’s from the male because it’s already part of the plants anatomy so those traits will carry over from the plant you use.
If that makes sense

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

And yea once you get the pollen you want if you store it properly you can pull that plant if you want to that’s why I separate it when it’s ready to start giving pollen I just put it by a window it’s not like I’m gonna stress the male plant to do anything crazy because it’s already a male that way I open up more room under my lights

Bilber

Bilber

And yea once you get the pollen you want if you store it properly you can pull that plant if you want to that’s why I separate it when it’s ready to start giving pollen I just put it by a window it’s not like I’m gonna stress the male plant to do anything crazy because it’s already a male that way I open up more room under my lights
Ha....windowsill grow! Keeps um alive and separated! Awesome Gt!

SHiNi

SHiNi

STS makes your Fem plant Hermie that’s how you get feminized pollen which can be accomplished with the red light or you can buy STS or colloidal silver the spray just kinda makes it easier I only got it to cross Auto’s. The BX2 won’t be Fems unless you use pollen from a female plant. It will get rid of the male chromosomes but not the gene’s from the male because it’s already part of the plants anatomy so those traits will carry over from the plant you use.
If that makes sense
Lol oh I see now for me my definition of hermie is those yellow bananas sticking out the bud that pollinate your bud is hermie for me lol 😅 learnt something new today thanks bro

SHiNi

SHiNi

A quick easy way to self a plant without sprays is wait till the 2 or 3rd week of flower with a Female plant then separate it from the rest then put a flashing red light on it for a hour a night I used YouTube on my cellphone it will stress the plant out because it won’t get a chance to properly rest there for making it hermie on purpose.
I know it 👇 says Autoflower but I’m just using that as a example of helping lock in traits
View attachment 2168341
Some link for more knowledge

That's Khalifa Gentics was a great read very informative thanks

SHiNi

SHiNi

If that makes sense
Please share that red flashing light trick bro could be good to do as a stress test

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Please share that red flashing light trick bro could be good to do as a stress test

I think one stress test Bob Hemphill/Hannaboldt-Crickets and Cicada Seeds- do to their males, is to keep them in a 1 gallon pot, for 1` year, to see if they Hermi, or Autoflower. They just released an old clone, and seed line of Master Kush, that took 6 years to complete. The seeds sold out, in hours. They also took 3-4 years before they released their Puck Hybrids. Though none of them are fems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom