First Time Bud Rot I Saw A Brown Bud Today Ripped It Open Sure Enough

• Thread starter luvurkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

luvurkle

Ok it is on one plant far as I can tell I had to be gone a few days it rained these are in a green house but it is cold and after the rain damp . some buds are clearly a full loss . Some buds shows a small browning near stem on some huge buds .. I cut all the limbs and laid out went through once over and pulled all the limbs the looked 4 sure no mold trimmed and hung will one of them 300.oo dehumidifier running to dry it out pretty fast and keep the RH down.. that said I still have a table full of huge budz with a mold sections . can I fast dry these buds and trim out the bad .. TOSS the whole mess good 1/2 unit SHIT someone help .. Dark caught me .so I just left them all laying out on a table on the back porch .WHAT should I do THis is my first dealing I don't want to over react and throw it all away but I don't want to try and save a lost cause ..

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
you will wana cut back to the green. throw out the moldy stuff. make sure you take a lil of the green tho. if it is touching any of the bud you keep , it will taste like it and smell like it

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I had bud rot on some of my top colas about 2 week before harvest. I trimmed to 2 inch past the bud rot and they did all finish fine. I was lucky and only lost about an ounce or two. When I harvested I checked every single damn bud. Found 2 more small areas. It was either pull preemy bud in panic or trim and wait. Glad I did the trim and wait. I think it's easy to panic when u find bud rot lol. I know I did. Mine was caused by humidity at 70% through out flower. Iv got me a dehumidifier for this next run.

H

happy b

Just cut away all the slimey shit.
theres nothing worse than looking forward to harvesting your big colas only to find that its like an old rotten banana on the inside.most times iv had it the vaste majority was ok once i cut away the mushy stuff.

L

luvurkle

Ok I been looking CLOSE in my drying room and I am finding a bad spot here and there .. shold I leave these alone and let them finish drying then trim out the bad or try to tear them open now and trim out bad .. I have the room heated and getting ready to put the 300.00 dehumidifier in there . what should I dooo :(

L

luvurkle

I mean 70 degrees+ and a RH of 40 would prevent the spread or more growth right ? I mean I have good unmolded buds drying in the same room as I found a few infected buds .. can the mold jump on the other buds drying ?

H

happy b

Ok I been looking CLOSE in my drying room and I am finding a bad spot here and there .. shold I leave these alone and let them finish drying then trim out the bad or try to tear them open now and trim out bad .. I have the room heated and getting ready to put the 300.00 dehumidifier in there . what should I dooo :(
No u need to get it all out asap.if u leave it it will spread even on a cut nug.cut itall away asap.

H

happy b

I mean 70 degrees+ and a RH of 40 would prevent the spread or more growth right ? I mean I have good unmolded buds drying in the same room as I found a few infected buds .. can the mold jump on the other buds drying ?
Yes.theres mold spores EVERYWERE just waiting for the right conditions to flourish.just normal room temp and humidity will be fine.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I usually don't have any trouble with humidity with my indoor grow, it's fine through winter and in the summer the AC's keep it down very well. Near the end of this summer the relic we were using as our main AC died on us. I figured we'd be able to tough out the rest of it without any problem. Well, that was also about the time my last crop was finishing up, the humidity got out of hand a few days there and I ended up with mold for the first time. I lost a few nugs on a couple of plants and most of a top cola on another. Shitty.

xavier7995

xavier7995

It sure is sad, particularly because it appears to go after the biggest and best looking buds. I cut it out, treating it like a cancer and just cutting till i reach healthy plant material, so far it has been pretty successful. Then speed dry.

Make isohash out of the contaminated stuff, figure the iso alcohol bath should kill anything.

L

luvurkle

anyone got a good video on the how to iso hash I got a goo 1/2 needs to be done something with

Top Bottom