First time bud washing need help

• Thread starter Crazyman1212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

So I finished washing my buds 3 hours ago and they are hanging in my tent. Humidity is sitting at 55% and the tips of the buds are still draining the last remains of water kind of like the end of a very slow dripping wicking cord and I am now very concerned about mold. I keep trying to shake them but am making no head way. Is this normal or should I be concerned at this point?

Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

never mind I was over paranoid, the bud is not wet anymore. Hopefully this bud washing was worth it.
20220526 212611

Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

What is the point of washing them?Never heard of this, I would be concerned
Cleaning off any dust or debris. I was surprised what came off, I should have taken a picture of the buckets. After reading so many reviews on bud washing I had to try it.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Bud washing is nothing new. Cervantes made it less taboo in the early 90’s with his running water method.

Been washing (3 bucket) my outdoor for the last decade with great success. Amazing how much crap (literal and figurative) ends up in the buckets. To the point that I will not smoke other people’s harvest.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Bud washing is nothing new. Cervantes made it less taboo in the early 90’s with his running water method.

Been washing (3 bucket) my outdoor for the last decade with great success. Amazing how much crap (literal and figurative) ends up in the buckets. To the point that I will not smoke other people’s harvest.
Any change in appearance/structure of buds? How so?

K

Kopper1013

What is the technique for those of use unfamiliar with bud wash (myself the whole process 🤣)

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What is the technique for those of use unfamiliar with bud wash (myself the whole process 🤣)
You need to use an osculating fan near them for the first 2+ hrs to get rid of any water on them, then dry normally. I feel them if they're still wet from the wash then I'll keep the fan on until they're dry.

3 - 5 gal buckets with 4 gallons of water

1st bucket peroxide up to about 500ml per 4 gallons. ....dip swish lightly....lift shake off water
2nd bucket not as cold water as the first, warmer but not warm with 1 plastic squeeze lemon & 1 cup baking soda stirred in, dip, swish...lift shake of lightly
3rd bucket of cold water dip swish and shake off lightly...

Hang to dry with an osculating fan blowing for 2+ hrs until the buds are dry to the touch of water left over from washing.

Dry as normal with good air flow...

Mugwort

Mugwort

You need to use an osculating fan near them for the first 2+ hrs to get rid of any water on them, then dry normally. I feel them if they're still wet from the wash then I'll keep the fan on until they're dry.

1st bucket peroxide up to about 500ml per 4 gallons. ....dip swish lightly....lift shake off water
2nd bucket not as cold water as the first, warmer but not warm with 1 plastic squeeze lemon & 1 cup baking soda stirred in, dip, swish...lift shake of lightly

Hang to dry with an osculating fan blowing for 2+ hrs until the buds are dry to the touch of water left over from washing.

Side x side…washed bud x unwashed bud, how will they differ in appearance?

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

No matter your method, it is important to have two clean water buckets to finish the wash with. Clean bucket #1 is room temp and gets the swish and shake. Clean bucket #2 is cold and gets the dip and drip (never drip into/over your final bucket).

C

concreter68

You could get a dehumidifier with a dial set at whatever low humidity u want.

C

concreter68

No matter your method, it is important to have two clean water buckets to finish the wash with. Clean bucket #1 is room temp and gets the swish and shake. Clean bucket #2 is cold and gets the dip and drip (never drip into/over your final bucket).
What will happen if u drip over your final bucket ?

K

Kopper1013

I would assume you could contaminate the final bucket with any residual crap that could come off with final drip

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Side x side…washed bud x unwashed bud, how will they differ in appearance?
The washed bud does lose some color & flavor but it smokes great and is much better than cough cough cough & the snap crackle pop of bugs and debris is no longer there.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You could get a dehumidifier with a dial set at whatever low humidity u want.
lol I have my dehue running 24/7 pulling 3+ gallons of water out of my room per day......I can't get it below 60%........With outside humidity in the 90% range

I need a bigger dehu obviously

Top Bottom