First time Coco advice

• Thread starter Jaibrydon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jaibrydon

Jaibrydon

Hi

First time in Coco, been off the scene for many years was a hydro grower some years ago, day 18 of the seedlings and they're starting to show signs of drooping, any ideas

A + b and root gel fed ever 3 days pH 5.8 ppm 800
First time coco advice
First time coco advice 2
First time coco advice 3

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Overwatering you need some perlite in you medium to help with drainage. Regards one drop

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Coco perlite mix 30% perlite 70% coco wash your coco before you use it with ph correct water and use cal / mag every feed .

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Did not know about the cal mag every feed. Is that due to the coco husk somehow OD?

10w30

10w30

Supporter
if its the first time using coco, you may want to check ppm of run off, i have 2 kinds of coco right now and 1 has ppm very high for runoff which means i have to flush the medium to clear/clean the coco. your plant looks ok. 800pp seems high though no one else seems to be concerned so maybe its just my newb thinking.
my botanicare coco was compressed and definitly needed flushing.
cyto coco and it was clean clean clean, no unhealthy ppm levels during first flush.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That plant looks fine to me honestly. A little droop maybe but no big deal, I've had perfectly healthy plants droop a touch like that, leaves move around a lot.

And perlite isnt a terrible idea but not much you can do about that now. I'm growing in 100% coco without any added perlite right now and have no issue with drainage or overwatering. You just need to let it dryback a little before watering the first week or two until the plant is well rooted. Then it will be next to impossible to overwater.
Coco on it's own holds the perfect amount of air at around 90% saturation, it's really hard to actually overwater it.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

800 ppm seems pretty aggressive at this point, especially if it's on the scale of ECx500.
What are your temps looking like in there?

Jaibrydon

Jaibrydon

Temp is studying at 24/76 struggling to get humidity past 50 though, I was more going off EC then ppm 🤷🏼‍♂️

Top Bottom