First time coco user(Royal Gold tupur) ph and plants problems/questions.

• Thread starter _high_life_living_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
_high_life_living_

_high_life_living_

I recently switched from soil to royal gold tupur coco so I wanted to reach out to the community to see if I can get a little help/guidance in this transition into using coco coir . I have three different strains(gelato mints, Biscotti, garanimals).
I use botanicare pure blend pro line, terpinator and fishsh!t. Feeding are based off the botanicare feed chart. Below I wanted to give as much info as possible to help get a better view. I received the strains as clones. So I followed the same step and process as I have done with soil in the past outside of adjust my ph from 6.4-6.5 to 5.9-6.0. I start at week 2 on the feeding chart for clones, now in week 5 the plants show signs of growth problems.

at week 5 of veg:
PH:6.0
PPM:1100.
Room temp: 77-78F
R.H: 45-48

Tested run off :
PPM: 1490
PH: 6.1

Pictures:
picture 1-2: Biscotte
picture 3-4: Garanimals
picture 5-7: gelato mints
Picture 8: Nutrients

Question:

What is the correct Ph range for coco?

How often should you water coco?

When testing run off, should I see a drop or increase in ppm and ph?

When using coco is run off a must?

First time coco userroyal gold tupur ph and plants problemsquestions
First time coco userroyal gold tupur ph and plants problemsquestions 2
First time coco userroyal gold tupur ph and plants problemsquestions 3
First time coco userroyal gold tupur ph and plants problemsquestions 4
First time coco userroyal gold tupur ph and plants problemsquestions 5
First time coco userroyal gold tupur ph and plants problemsquestions 6
First time coco userroyal gold tupur ph and plants problemsquestions 7
First time coco userroyal gold tupur ph and plants problemsquestions 8
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I'm a dirt guy and not going to guess on ph and ppms. But you've got variegated leaves in all 3 strains. That's cal/mag def and if that was me in veg, I'd be leaning towards lockout.

You are almost twice what I'd feed in PPMs for veg in dirt. @Aqua Man imo knows more about plant diagnosis than just about anyone here. Hopefully he will weigh in.

The other two concerns I'd have if they were mine are your lower plant growth (I'd strip them 1/3 down) and the spindly top growth.

What type of lights are you using and how far are they from your plants? Anyway to get a full pic of your setup?

_high_life_living_

_high_life_living_

I'm a dirt guy and not going to guess on ph and ppms. But you've got variegated leaves in all 3 strains. That's cal/mag def and if that was me in veg, I'd be leaning towards lockout.

You are almost twice what I'd feed in PPMs for veg in dirt. @Aqua Man imo knows more about plant diagnosis than just about anyone here. Hopefully he will weigh in.

The other two concerns I'd have if they were mine are your lower plant growth (I'd strip them 1/3 down) and the spindly top growth.

What type of lights are you using and how far are they from your plants? Anyway to get a full pic of your setup?
I’m using a 3000w aglex led. It about 20” from the talls plant and 24 from the shortest. My plan is was to turn these 3 into mothers. For the most part I just have them in in the veg room under the led with fan blowing.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I’m using a 3000w aglex led. It about 20” from the talls plant and 24 from the shortest. My plan is was to turn these 3 into mothers. For the most part I just have them in in the veg room under the led with fan blowing.
I'm not familiar with your light but those Cobs sure are pretty :) How much drainage do you have going on with your pots? How long have you been growing?

ic0dex

ic0dex

I recently switched from soil to royal gold tupur coco so I wanted to reach out to the community to see if I can get a little help/guidance in this transition into using coco coir . I have three different strains(gelato mints, Biscotti, garanimals).
I use botanicare pure blend pro line, terpinator and fishsh!t. Feeding are based off the botanicare feed chart. Below I wanted to give as much info as possible to help get a better view. I received the strains as clones. So I followed the same step and process as I have done with soil in the past outside of adjust my ph from 6.4-6.5 to 5.9-6.0. I start at week 2 on the feeding chart for clones, now in week 5 the plants show signs of growth problems.

at week 5 of veg:

Tested run off :

Pictures:

Question:

I use the same coco, get your self a new Cal-Mag and the issue will go away. I had a similar problem in my last harvest and same as you started with teens. My leafs looked exactly like that. I reused my Cal-Mag from my last harvest. What I realized is cal-Mag goes bad. I would recommend buying a new bottle to feed.

my first harvest I used the Emerald Harvest nutrient line and it came out great. Then on my second harvest I reused what was left over and started having this same exact problem. These water downed nutrients go bad.

_high_life_living_

_high_life_living_

I use the same coco, get your self a new Cal-Mag and the issue will go away. I had a similar problem in my last harvest and same as you started with teens. My leafs looked exactly like that. I reused my Cal-Mag from my last harvest. What I realized is cal-Mag goes bad. I would recommend buying a new bottle to feed.

my first harvest I used the Emerald Harvest nutrient line and it came out great. Then on my second harvest I reused what was left over and started having this same exact problem. These water downed nutrients go bad.
I’m using botanicare cal-mag(1gallon). But you may be rite. I brought it about a year ago. But I used the last of it during my last feed, so got a new bottle on the way. Hopefully that does the trick.

amekins

amekins

I’m not a coco person either, but shouldn’t your runoff PPM be less than what you fed/started with? Buildup of salts causing lockout? Have you flushed the plants thoroughly? My very uneducated basic questions.

_high_life_living_

_high_life_living_

I’m not a coco person either, but shouldn’t your runoff PPM be less than what you fed/started with? Buildup of salts causing lockout? Have you flushed the plants thoroughly? My very uneducated basic questions.

thats exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking i let the coco get too dry which cause salt to build up in the coco. But I was also leaning towards ph/calmag. But im start with flush

Peso325

Peso325

at week 5 of veg:

Tested run off :

Pictures:

Question:

I’m currently Groin and the same Coco you are I think that your PPM’s might be a little too high for the wedge oh so your humidity might be a little too low and veg day like a little humidity and a might be to cold also .

_high_life_living_

_high_life_living_

I’m currently Groin and the same Coco you are I think that your PPM’s might be a little too high for the wedge oh so your humidity might be a little too low and veg day like a little humidity and a might be to cold also .
So doing veg what is the target ppm. Or will I have to slowly up the ppm levels n watch the plants to see if it needs more or Less.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

Dayuuuuuummmmm Amy! The Farms gonna make you a farmer yet :)))) Freaking LOVE it!

amekins

amekins

So doing veg what is the target ppm. Or will I have to slowly up the ppm levels n watch the plants to see if it needs more or Less.
I don’t know about target ppm, but it is usually recommended to start with half the recommended amount and watch the plants. If the tips of leaves burn, back off. If they look good, keep going gradually.

amekins

amekins

Dayuuuuuummmmm Amy! The Farms gonna make you a farmer yet :)))) Freaking LOVE it!
Come now, Hippie Dude, you didn’t think I was just fucking around, did you? I came to learn and apply what I learn to improve. I’m just glad some of it is sticking.

_high_life_living_

_high_life_living_

I don’t know about target ppm, but it is usually recommended to start with half the recommended amount and watch the plants. If the tips of leaves burn, back off. If they look good, keep going gradually.

alright. Thanks for the help..

_high_life_living_

_high_life_living_

So after a flush and a few days of feeding at 800ppm they starting to grows faster and looked way healthier n greener. I decrease the amount nutrients Per gallon except cal-mag and ph 5.9. Now I water them twice a day and check run off. So their starting to turn around.

AECF3F10 9F0D 4983 9563 C9BF8AC22178
8B322AFD 7A22 4549 9457 CE949A74C2DA
4B837E1B 2236 444A 8F05 AC3D9E684123
0DC3889C 9765 475C A042 117A11480C6A
5073C49F A8D7 4826 B783 2AC562B4B745
Terpz719

Terpz719

I've never used the product that you're using, but their info makes it sound like it should be treated like regular coco/perlite. This site should get you well on your way, There is a ton of information there. In general, with coco, you want to be fertigating (water + nutrients) at least once a day with run off. FWIW, I think your EC might be too high. When you're feeding that way your EC doesn't need to be as high. I don't use Terpinator, but I think that it's more for flowering / end of flowering. I'm not familiar with Fishshit, so I don't know about that one.

_high_life_living_

_high_life_living_

I've never used the product that you're using, but their info makes it sound like it should be treated like regular coco/perlite. This site should get you well on your way, There is a ton of information there. In general, with coco, you want to be fertigating (water + nutrients) at least once a day with run off. FWIW, I think your EC might be too high. When you're feeding that way your EC doesn't need to be as high. I don't use Terpinator, but I think that it's more for flowering / end of flowering. I'm not familiar with Fishshit, so I don't know about that one.

I’m I’ll definitely look over this information. I can say I never used EC when it comes to feeding. I just always watched ppm and ph

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A: 5.8 - 6.1

A: At least daily

A: *see link

A: yes

Top Bottom